Northern Ireland #4 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks Grifty, think we’ll just go with it, seems to be something on the menu for everybody and I’m too old to bar hop so anywhere that can do food, drinks and music under one roof will be grand 😂
we went to the Canaret supper club recently - was great craic. Drink is expensive so most of us opted for a bottle of wine

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Child murder on a “peace keeping mission”and protected by the state. Yeah nothing will come of it.
A strange fog descended on Derry ( literally) the day Motorman happened nobody could see anything 😕

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Reactions: 1
No lol just the fact that that load of bales is never fitting under that arch 😂
There’s also a car coming onto it head on, and where the bales don’t even look strapped properly will roll off at the first touch of the bridge handy enough 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Here maybe we’re being scammed if nobody else is feeling that big of pinch 😂

@monga it didn’t quote properly

I Am not sure what a freedom pad is it an electrify meter?
In England, depending on which part, you are paying between 50p-£1 per day just to have electricity at your house, separate to what you have used..
unfortunately I am Feeling the pinch because my electricity and gas has gone up by £210 a month with more rises to come. Useage hasn’t change. 😞

Maybe 🙈 I’ve noticed a huge difference and I’m using less electricity than normal, I refuse to use my dryer anymore and I only allow the kids 5 mins in the shower 😂 Also I hardly use the dishwasher now the kids are off school, that’s one of their chores lol

• Haha
Maybe 🙈 I’ve noticed a huge difference and I’m using less electricity than normal, I refuse to use my dryer anymore and I only allow the kids 5 mins in the shower 😂 Also I hardly use the dishwasher now the kids are off school, that’s one of their chores lol
What will it be like come winter, isn’t there to be another price hike 😬 …I just find it unbelievable that England are paying so little .I’ve never got away with £8 a week electricity

@monga it didn’t quote properly

I Am not sure what a freedom pad is it an electrify meter?
In England, depending on which part, you are paying between 50p-£1 per day just to have electricity at your house, separate to what you have used..
unfortunately I am Feeling the pinch because my electricity and gas has gone up by £210 a month with more rises to come. Useage hasn’t change. 😞
It’s just a keypad meter that you top up with whatever amount you wish you don’t have a quarterly bill, it’s like a pay as you go kinda thing.

Is that £210 for both @Lizdiz or each ? I don’t under the English system at all.

Last edited:
What will it be like come winter, isn’t there to be another price hike 😬 …I just find it unbelievable that England are paying so little .I’ve never got away with £8 a week electricity

It’s just a keypad meter that you top up with whatever amount you wish you don’t have a quarterly bill, it’s like a pay as you go kinda thing.

Is that £210 for both @Lizdiz or each ? I don’t under the English system at all.
Is that the yoke you get a key / card and top it up in the corner shops or on an app? In England they’re like double the price of the bill pay electric I know that much.

we’ve just moved over and I’ve to sort gas / electric. Council tax??? And water????? Why do I have to pay for water 😨.

also food is so expensive. I thought people were exaggerating. I was paying €70 a week in Dunnes and it looks like it’s gonna be about £140 a week here 😫😫

Last edited:
  • Wow
Is that the yoke you get a key / card and top it up in the corner shops or on an app? In England they’re like double the price of the bill pay electric I know that much.

we’ve just moved over and I’ve to sort gas / electric. Council tax??? And water????? Why do I have to pay for water 😨.

also food is so expensive. I thought people were exaggerating. I was paying €70 a week in Dunnes and it looks like it’s gonna be about €140 a week here 😫😫
Yeah they're a bit more expensive but I like not having a bill.What's council tax ? is it like our rates ?

Yeah they're a bit more expensive but I like not having a bill.What's council tax ? is it like our rates ?
It covers the bin collections, streetlights, roads etc. bleeping expensive I think it’s about £200 a month.

I know rates cover bin collections etc but I don’t know if they pay rates in England as well as council tax? Rates is another massive bill.

I know rates cover bin collections etc but I don’t know if they pay rates in England as well as council tax? Rates is another massive bill.
Naw no rates in England just the council tax. We lived in Liverpool for a few years and we paid utilities like gas and electric and then council tax and water.

Yes really expensive, they don’t pay rates in the south don’t know what charges they have.

£210 is the increase for both gas and electricity, our standing charge has double to £1 a day (electricity) so that’s an average of £30 before even using anything. our total amount for both, per month, is currently 360 and due to increase again, it’s unsustainable.
how does the Irish way work.?

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.