Northern Ireland #4 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow!, nope! My reverence stops at the Queen I'm afraid, I'm not buying into the King. Am I wrong?

Yeah Kate didn’t go because she’s a “loving mother” picking the kid up from school but Meghan didn’t go because she “wasn’t allowed”. They’re saying both H&M were initially meant to go, tbf the BBC did report they were going but then Charles apparently called Harry to say Meghan wasn’t allowed and Harry wasn’t allowed on the private jet either allegedly. No wonder Harry left for America.
Where do they get this shite from ffs 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Religion is a curse at times
F195556E-0365-40B2-A2D3-A0D209A9D33E.jpeg

Argentina thrilled too. Hmm patterns.
I wonder if the rolling coverage is a way of drowning out that noise.
Things have changed a lot in 70 years, different moral attitudes, the empire is no more, cough commonwealth who are expressing dissatisfaction.
Not fussed on the anti Irish sentiment when history speaks for itself and other countries are openly being disrespectful on national TV.
Could always watch The Crown again
Remember this disaster 😂

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Where do they get this shite from ffs 😂😂😂
“A source” 😂 I read somewhere that successions to the crown never fly together anyway so maybe that was the reason although the chances of Harry ever being King are next to none.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
If that ☝ doesn't make people uncomfortable I'm not sure what will. Are we the baddies?

If that ☝ doesn't make people uncomfortable I'm not sure what will. Are we the baddies?
SM was awash with anti British sentiments I was taken aback tbh. I think the NI situation is the least of their worries, I’m talking from all over the world even the Aussies calling for Steve Irwins head to go on their currency instead of Charles 😂

• Haha
SM was awash with anti British sentiments I was taken aback tbh. I think the NI situation is the least of their worries, I’m talking from all over the world even the Aussies calling for Steve Irwins head to go on their currency instead of Charles 😂
Saw it, and the youngsters aren't into it at all which doesn't bode well. They rely on them for continuity, its over.

Saw it, and the youngsters aren't into it at all which doesn't bode well. They rely on them for continuity, its over.
I’ve always thought the monarchy more popular with pensioners, the Queen was the monarchy for a lot of people nobody takes an interest in Charles he’s the Boris Johnson of the royal world 😂

Maybe it’s a generational thing but I’ve met quite a few Aussies and Kiwis and been to New Zealand and they were obsessed with the monarchy, they loved them. Obviously I didn’t meet them all but I was surprised by the ones I did meet.

I suppose in many commonwealth countries there will be people for and against the monarchy.

I see we aregetting a bank holiday, and I’m wondering if it is inappropriate to have a gathering,

I'd imagine a great deal of those people have been brainwashed. Convicts and colonisation.
Today is all about history, no point putting a spin on it because its uncomfortable. I mean this in good humour.

As if Charles hasn’t suffered enough 😬

2D725247-CB75-4D0D-A033-6C9A6B042090.jpeg
757BEBDE-D0DA-4F48-8FCB-911B0E9D5552.jpeg
5F0F112A-54E3-4ED9-80EB-2D9FA59A1CD5.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
I see William & Kate have made an appearance along with Harry & Meghan 👀

I see William & Kate have made an appearance along with Harry & Meghan 👀
Didn’t look like they exchanged many words when they exited the cars, Meghan seems popular with the crowd ,even got a hug.

• Haha
I did actually stick the crown on earlier, thought it was hilarious and in such bad taste when the Queen mum called Philips ma a "hun nun"
People need to make up their minds about whether this is a very sad and sombre occasion or a celebration, because I'm mighty confused.

I did actually stick the crown on earlier, thought it was hilarious and in such bad taste when the Queen mum called Philips ma a "hun nun"
People need to make up their minds about whether this is a very sad and sombre occasion or a celebration, because I'm mighty confused.
I must admit I found the crown an education, especially on Philip’s early life, a lot I didn’t know.

Aww wee Jimmy’s emosh 👀
C382AA97-0816-4C7E-972C-92581EA7E636.jpeg

Auld Peter is missing a wedding band 🤫
67E87AF8-96BE-46B7-8B07-59EB69BC5CDC.jpeg

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.