Northern Ireland #4 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No thank you. Don't like this at all
You should be banned for posting this. It’s worse than anything Bryson has ever posted!

just curious. What brought everyone to tattle?
For me I saw the Philip schofield rumours on twitter and had a read then noticed they had a Jack monroe thread which I got hooked on. I occasionally have a nosy at the general celeb gossip and the William and Harry threads.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
You should be banned for posting this. It’s worse than anything Bryson has ever posted!

just curious. What brought everyone to tattle?
For me I saw the Philip schofield rumours on twitter and had a read then noticed they had a Jack monroe thread which I got hooked on. I occasionally have a nosy at the general celeb gossip and the William and Harry threads.
I cant even remember now but I think it was most likely gossip about some instagrammer? But then I found the general threads and found them more interesting, esp the pregnancy ones when I was expecting. And the covid ones were good for keeping upto date on things before they turned all conspiracy driven

Reactions: 3
It was Meldrum for me ,I wondered what the hell was Tattle Life that kept being mentioned in her comments, I only posted about once or twice on her thread I found a few smaller YT’ers that I followed and never looked back , I prefer the quieter threads the big ones are too hard to keep up with.

Michelle’s giving it lilty , she was in a burka the last time I saw her 😅

It was Meldrum for me ,I wondered what the hell was Tattle Life that kept being mentioned in her comments, I only posted about once or twice on her thread I found a few smaller YT’ers that I followed and never looked back , I prefer the quieter threads the big ones are too hard to keep up with.

Michelle’s giving it lilty , she was in a burka the last time I saw her 😅
So just watched that video. There’s a bleeping Gucci in Belfast now?

• Haha
Anybody seen Rogue Agent on Netflix? Mind blown 🤯 the directors are from Belfast, the same guys behind the Salisbury Poisonings series. Can’t believe that actually happened in real life.

Anybody seen Rogue Agent on Netflix? Mind blown 🤯 the directors are from Belfast, the same guys behind the Salisbury Poisonings series. Can’t believe that actually happened in real life.
Not seen it yet. That Salisbury show was good, pretty scary!

Reactions: 1
Yes Belfast has Gucci now 😂 if you fancy looking flashy you can get yourself the logo earrings for less than £300. Don't!
It also has a flannels and if you want to enjoy an extremely quiet coffee that's the place to go. Tis also the cheapest place to buy your Vejas :coffee:

• Haha
This is what I’m talking about when I say the streets are flooded ( Noah thread) these kids aren’t buying from the king pins directly it’s the dirt they’ve hooked in ( literally) to keep their empire running.
As family of Belfast drugs victim tell of their grief, yards away kids openly snort tablets

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...-away-kids-openly-snort-tablets-41879188.html
Terrifying. Mental health problems, suicide, unemployment, homelessness, anti social behaviour, so much of that leads back to drugs. My kids are into the GAA and keeping fit but I still worry every time my two teenagers go out for the night. It’s getting scary 😟

Reactions: 4
Terrifying. Mental health problems, suicide, unemployment, homelessness, anti social behaviour, so much of that leads back to drugs. My kids are into the GAA and keeping fit but I still worry every time my two teenagers go out for the night. It’s getting scary 😟
One thing that really impresses me about GAA is how they get girls involved in sport from a young age. I think that is really positive and should be commended. I also know someone who played hurling for a county and they did quite a lot in terms of heart checks etc and medical scans due to some previous deaths.
I obviously have some issues with naming of grounds etc (don’t want to rehash old arguments )
But I do think what they do in getting kids into sport is commendable.
One thing I am curious about is where does the money go as it is an amateur sport and they have massive attendances, is there a bigwig owner/ceo?

That’s exactly why I got mine into sport too, wouldn’t want them hanging round st corners.

Reactions: 1
Money probably goes into coaching, training, child protection, health initiatives and maintenance etc. It's a well oiled machine. The price of tickets for big games....lordy! Mine went and still do attend the camps they really enjoyed it. They've come a long way with female led sports but in saying that I've never known it any different, I do remember our ladies team starting before that it was mostly camogie.

Looking at the NI ladies football team at the euros they have inspired a lot of young girls to get into sports which I think is fantastic. Quite a few of the players actually come from GAA backgrounds. I genuinely hope they inspire lots of young girls to get into football rather than following influencers etc

I think any investment which gets kids into sports is a good thing. I was quite shy when young and would have loved to play football but lacked the confidence to go in with the boys, then at grammar school it was all hockey which wasn’t for me and as a result don’t really have the personal background of playing.

One thing that really impresses me about GAA is how they get girls involved in sport from a young age. I think that is really positive and should be commended. I also know someone who played hurling for a county and they did quite a lot in terms of heart checks etc and medical scans due to some previous deaths.
I obviously have some issues with naming of grounds etc (don’t want to rehash old arguments )
But I do think what they do in getting kids into sport is commendable.
One thing I am curious about is where does the money go as it is an amateur sport and they have massive attendances, is there a bigwig owner/ceo?
There’s no owner, each county has a county board, then there’s 4 provisional councils. The President of the GAA is the highest position but it’s an unpaid privilege. Basically everybody involved is an amateur player or a volunteer.
Money wise, our club has just bought a huge chunk of land for a new training pitch. The facilities now are second to none, huge modern gyms, floodlit 5G pitches etc. There’s a lot of maintenance in that and I know the floodlights in particular cost a lot to run. If you’re good enough to play at county level you’ll get healthy meals delivered to your door, the GAA pay for that. County boards would also pay dieticians and fitness coaches for their county teams if they can’t find qualified volunteers. Referees and match officials get travel expenses. Then there’s the player injury scheme, if you get injured during a match and need time off work or medical treatment the GAA pay for it. Lots of players have had private surgery paid for by the GAA. Then there’s things like underage development programs, transport to matches, security and Garda presence at big games etc. Croke park would have some paid staff who work in the food kiosks and bars.

But all in all there’s no doubt they’re an extremely rich organisation. They do publish their audited accounts every year to show how the money is spent.

My kids live and breathe it which I’m delighted about because it really is a fantastic way of keeping them fit and they love the social side of it.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.