Northern Ireland #3 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd like to read the Allison Morris article if anyone has a sub it would be appreciated.

Reactions: 2
Forgot to comment earlier about the comments about ethnic diversity, I live in the East and my area is pretty working class with a mixture of council and owned houses. On my street we have a couple of black families, there’s a Muslim family across the street. A few years back there was some racist graffiti but I think someone nipped that in the bud as they all live here happily and hopefully don’t encounter any issues. I think it probably depends on the area and the people in it. The whole street is very mixed between pensioners to young families and apart from my nightmare neighbours i mentioned before generally everyone just keeps to themselves.

Reactions: 4
I can’t stop laughing at this they’re shovin him in there like a hankie 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Another cracker

• Haha
  • Heart
The heatwave didn’t last long it’s lashing down here
It give that, I got plenty of wee jobs done in the garden so I'm happy. Would rather be here than miserable in England, they're getting it rough.

Reactions: 2
Good morning. Saw the fire brigade hosing houses close to a bonfire, I assume residents have to find temporary accommodation rather than boiling alive in their beds. Also noticed a lot of female politician election posters on the fires and a poster about the cost of living crisis 😳 I just don't understand, I also don't understand how the premature burning of a bonfire was treated as a hate crime by the PSNI but burning flags from various countries, slogans like KAT and images of politicians isn't.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Good morning. Saw the fire brigade hosing houses close to a bonfire, I assume residents have to find temporary accommodation rather than boiling alive in their beds. Also noticed a lot of female politician election posters on the fires and a poster about the cost of living crisis 😳 I just don't understand, I also don't understand how the premature burning of a bonfire was treated as a hate crime by the PSNI but burning flags from various countries, slogans like KAT and images of politicians isn't.
Yeah, the election posters are ridiculous, it seems to be any random non loyalist gets put up. And this is where there is the lack of leadership not self policing this. It is a disgrace and completely pointless.

I was out for a walk last night going to a local restaurant and there was one area I passed and they had actually one of those beacon things I mentioned, it was just slightly taller than us and had been properly cordoned off. The residents were all sitting outside with tables and chairs having food and drinks and they had live music, a girl singing rock songs. They had games set up for the kids. It had a real local community feel to it, unlike these bigger ones.

Reactions: 6
GB news live if anyone is interested. Arlene is live in Armagh.

Live images from Armagh

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah it's a tit show. I also found it a stretch listening to Dr Hughes linking the orange to Navan Fort and celtic mythology but he's the expert and I'm only learning

Reactions: 1
The time of the year I wished all our councils invested in this https://www.coating.co.uk/anti-pee-coating/

Nothing but a pack of hate filled skip rats 🐀🐀🐀

And it’s time this country comes together and says no more. Move on.
Want to have a small walk in your own district knock yourself out and get volunteers in your district to clean it up.

Want a Bonfire and own the space to have one well then have a small one no flags no emblems no hate and clean it up after.

Jamie has no issues burning flags however he feels burning election posters is wrong.

• Haha
Jamie has no issues burning flags however he feels burning election posters is wrong.
Jamie Bryson is just a wee W⚓ER anyone that believes a word he says needs their head read.
And as for all the hate he incites he should be cancelled … no social media accounts no interviews no newspaper articles.

Reactions: 3
Jamie Bryson is just a wee W⚓ER anyone that believes a word he says needs their head read.
And as for all the hate he incites he should be cancelled … no social media accounts no interviews no newspaper articles.
Hate preachers aren’t given the time of day anywhere else only in NI ,it’s a joke in this day n age.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.