Northern Ireland #3 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Realistically banning them is unlikely to work in practice as it would just be seen as an attack and unfortunately Bryson has the hold on the working class young boys.

perhaps trying to incentivise or promote safer more environmentally friendly type options like the below:

That back to the scenario of when privledge is removed oppression is perceived … nowhere else in normal society would any of this type of hate fest be deemed normal or cultural.

Ban on them all is needed same Witt marking out of territory with flags, you want a bonfire build on on your own property and be prepared for the consequences & criminal damage when it gets out of hand.

I used to watch heir hunters yes I'm sure they get a percentage. That story is odd.
It's rather close this evening.

It’s so muggy - I’m sitting here with my feet on a hot water bottle … the summer editon where I half fill it and pop it in the freezer before I use it 👣🥶❄

Ready a news page on the other one in Larne

bonfire builder David states ….

"Everyone working on the structure has also completed a bonfire safety course and a full risk assessment had been carried out before we started to build it. There is also a cordon in place around the bonfire to further ensure the safety of the public.

is the bonfire safety course an accredited one
do you get a CSR card
does everyone have to sign in on site, get checked for hard hat steel toe cap and inflammable clothing compliance

Does risk assessment go through the planning department and the Health & Safety executive prior to commencing works.

Does the bonfire committee pay liability insurance for this based on the training and risk assessments ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
So I don't know how accurate this is but allegedly after the incident with the young lad being burnt the press did lots of reporting, almost immediately Bryson released a statement asking for privacy for the family, rumour is the family had a visit and got told to zip it. I've also read that another man died a number of years ago but that is only known to locals and didn't receive press coverage. I can't find anything online to verify it.
HSE should be all over this..

Reactions: 2
Well it certainly looks like that.
@Justherefortittle I saw a couple of high vis jackets on one site and I did see one man attached to a harness but that was it.

Reactions: 1

Hard luck if you’re under 18 and fancy a dippy egg & soldiers 🥚

I would say harnesses are few and far between, definitely none on the one he was working at

And complaints about the length of time the ambulance took - that’s been happening fior law abiding citizens for ages

Dont take unnecessary risks like building burning drinking fighting like animals or getting of your head at huge sectarian pyres and the burden on ambulance & fire services would be a lot less.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bird flu along with covid
DD707CFE-2D93-4E2F-8367-33FFF466AC22.jpeg

So I don't know how accurate this is but allegedly after the incident with the young lad being burnt the press did lots of reporting, almost immediately Bryson released a statement asking for privacy for the family, rumour is the family had a visit and got told to zip it. I've also read that another man died a number of years ago but that is only known to locals and didn't receive press coverage. I can't find anything online to verify it.
HSE should be all over this..
Wonder if that’s why he was so wound up
AB05D5B7-69F8-474F-BA3D-99273C6CA6C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Growing up I remember 25-30 years ago my mum would have warned me off going and playing at the bonfire. There were definitely urban legends about not going into a ‘hut’ as one mystery child was known to have still been in a hut when it got lit. This was back in the early. 90’s way before social media and obviously still during the troubles so I wonder were there more serious injuries or deaths or was that just a parent tactic to scare us away from danger.

Can't believe I'm going to say this but they're impressive, I'm impressed. They have fireworks coming out the top and everything, massive, impressive. But the people watching, are they safe? When they're lit they have to fall, who could predict what direction??? When these concerns are raised its seen as an attack on a cultural site or something. Can't understand that mentality, a man died, people are just stating the obvious.
The fire service have been on helplessly pleading with people to be safe and pointed out the onus on safety is on whoever owns the land.

Reactions: 4
Can't believe I'm going to say this but they're impressive, I'm impressed. They have fireworks coming out the top and everything, massive, impressive. But the people watching, are they safe? When they're lit they have to fall, who could predict what direction??? When these concerns are raised its seen as an attack on a cultural site or something. Can't understand that mentality, a man died, people are just stating the obvious.
The fire service have been on helplessly pleading with people to be safe and pointed out the onus on safety is on whoever owns the land.
And there in lies one of the biggest issues ’whoever owns the land’ having responsibility when we all know landowners and local concerned residents have absolutely zero voice.
And the roads service/NIHE don’t want to even worry about taking responsibility.

I saw a tik tok video the other day where someone had put the Disney Magic kingdom music over the one that was being lit with fireworks and it made me laugh.
In terms of safety I imagine there are various levels of organisation. There used to be one near my parents house, the houses directly opposite had their windows melted a few times. The residents had. To just suck it up.

I now live in Belfast and that controversial one of the greenway is near me, not sure if they still have it there this year. I did walk round a few years ago and it did look like it might fall directly onto houses but by sheer luck it didn’t.

And there in lies one of the biggest issues ’whoever owns the land’ having responsibility when we all know landowners and local concerned residents have absolutely zero voice.
And the roads service/NIHE don’t want to even worry about taking responsibility.
Yip, no say and possibly a fear of speaking out. I do know that houses facing a bonfire site were on the market for about 20k less than those further into the estate. Landlords couldn't keep tenants and it was just a ball ache.
I saw a tik tok video the other day where someone had put the Disney Magic kingdom music over the one that was being lit with fireworks and it made me laugh.
In terms of safety I imagine there are various levels of organisation. There used to be one near my parents house, the houses directly opposite had their windows melted a few times. The residents had. To just suck it up.

I now live in Belfast and that controversial one of the greenway is near me, not sure if they still have it there this year. I did walk round a few years ago and it did look like it might fall directly onto houses but by sheer luck it didn’t.
That's the video I saw 😂 I'm glad I didn't see the straw Teddy burning.

9AC1C425-375A-4719-9644-DD2C8BFF8F06.jpeg

For those that don’t know Scott Sinclair is a black Celtic player, they can hide behind Disney all they like until the scrutiny dies down but we all know what they’re really about.
B528C623-648D-4436-AAE0-C6640C41363F.jpeg
6F2098A7-F994-4887-BD56-FFE9658E7D22.jpeg
65D495E2-C207-4335-842F-EFF120B790FB.jpeg

1EB9EE88-EFCC-4969-8AC6-F47DB11A6FBE.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Oh that sign about Sinclair is utterly disgusting, is that recent? I think the big bonfire in Larne is moving away from flags maybe that was a cynical move for the record attempt. On that subject did a rep from Guinness go out and measure it?

Oh that sign about Sinclair is utterly disgusting, is that recent? I think the big bonfire in Larne is moving away from flags maybe that was a cynical move for the record attempt. On that subject did a rep from Guinness go out and measure it?
Fairly recent he's a Celtic legend ,there's footage from last years 12th where they were burning the tricolours and chanting about burning fenians .I think it's only been dampened down this year because of the scrutiny the OO created with their famous vid .

Reactions: 4
They make me sick. Those pictures you’ve posted are awful Monga. I’m Irish, and I’m not fully white - I’m often asked if I think Ireland is ever racist or prejudice towards me and genuinely the only place I’ve ever felt intimidated is in the wee prod towns.
I don’t know how anyone can ever justify all that crap they do with the bonfires they actually scare me. Someone in here posted about the talent going into building the structures and that it could be better placed elsewhere - aye I agree I hope that they all get exposed for their vulgar language and hate crimes and manage to find a place on a woodwork course in prison.

wishful thinking of course, they’ll never be made accountable for anything they do.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah, not sure if I've mentioned this already but foreign nationals cannot be housed in one particularly loyalist area, agents have given up trying. I don't know if its the same across NI but it certainly is a thing where I am. So those signs sort of make sense now.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
They make me sick. Those pictures you’ve posted are awful Monga. I’m Irish, and I’m not fully white - I’m often asked if I think Ireland is ever racist or prejudice towards me and genuinely the only place I’ve ever felt intimidated is in the wee prod towns.
I don’t know how anyone can ever justify all that crap they do with the bonfires they actually scare me. Someone in here posted about the talent going into building the structures and that it could be better placed elsewhere - aye I agree I hope that they all get exposed for their vulgar language and hate crimes and manage to find a place on a woodwork course in prison.

wishful thinking of course, they’ll never be made accountable for anything they do.
Tbf there's very few POC where I live they seem to favour the south ,whether that's to do with the conflict or something else I couldn't say ,but where else would that sort of behaviour be tolerated .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.