Northern Ireland #3 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good grief another one. What in under ......?

I'm told Belfast City Council encourage Jelvis.

Reactions: 2
Looks like the sex offender court was in full swing this week.
I wonder- can a mobile number be hacked in that way?
given the timings of that being during first lockdown maybe she fell down a rabbit hole on the internet. Women as sole sex offenders are very few and far between, perhaps her husband is one of the 111

Reckon we can get to Monday without another local sex offender story? Unlikely I know as the Sunday world/life love an exposé

Reactions: 3
Looks like the sex offender court was in full swing this week.
I wonder- can a mobile number be hacked in that way?
given the timings of that being during first lockdown maybe she fell down a rabbit hole on the internet. Women as sole sex offenders are very few and far between, perhaps her husband is one of the 111

Reckon we can get to Monday without another local sex offender story? Unlikely I know as the Sunday world/life love an exposé
Is it normal for your phone number to appear on the dark web ?

Reactions: 1
Is it normal for your phone number to appear on the dark web ?
No idea, I would have thought most people’s phone numbers have ended up on the dark web due to various high profile data leaks over the past few years. And there would need to be a very specific motive for someone to target her specifically for this type of thing. Story doesn’t add up at all. She should have just blamed the husband…. Or perhaps it was him! Who knows!

No idea, I would have thought most people’s phone numbers have ended up on the dark web due to various high profile data leaks over the past few years. And there would need to be a very specific motive for someone to target her specifically for this type of thing. Story doesn’t add up at all. She should have just blamed the husband…. Or perhaps it was him! Who knows!
Said the pics came from that number ,wouldn't their phone carrier be able to verify where the signal etc was coming from .

Said the pics came from that number ,wouldn't their phone carrier be able to verify where the signal etc was coming from .
Yeah, good point. Though I sometimes wonder and go into full conspiracy after watching enemy of the state!

Made the mistake of looking on twitter. Bryson out with his agenda and some horrible comments on the other side too.

horrible for the family whoever they are.
Accident waiting to happen they should be banned all together on both sides.

Bryson’s actually getting hell from his own side side too, people are tiring of his point scoring agenda time to put the bully boys to bed.

F203EA19-B3F9-4699-A9CC-9ACA0E8199B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Terrible news and very sad for that family and community. Bonfires need safety regulations it's not an attack on culture to acknowledge that.
Last year a lad was burned using an accelerant to light one, not sure of the outcome. I think it was Grifty who said another person fell and had life changing injuries. You only have to look at the structures to see they're dangerous, a remarkable feat of engineering yes but dangerous for those building them. Hopefully things will change, banning them isn't the answer maybe height restrictions 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I think the money spent on the clean up and policing could be put to better use they've alway been one of the most contentious issues here, they should be banned ,now the winds of change are blowing it's as good a time as any .

I think the money spent on the clean up and policing could be put to better use they've alway been one of the most contentious issues here, they should be banned ,now the winds of change are blowing it's as good a time as any .
Realistically banning them is unlikely to work in practice as it would just be seen as an attack and unfortunately Bryson has the hold on the working class young boys.

perhaps trying to incentivise or promote safer more environmentally friendly type options like the below:

Reactions: 4
Realistically banning them is unlikely to work in practice as it would just be seen as an attack and unfortunately Bryson has the hold on the working class young boys.

perhaps trying to incentivise or promote safer more environmentally friendly type options like the below:

They're not used in a traditional sense it's only a show of strength hence why they want them to reach the clouds now they feel the union is being threatened , we don’t have to look far for confirmation.
FD023A8A-2897-41B0-ABF8-4CC8D6AD31EB.jpeg

Last edited:
But outlawing them will achieve nothing, they'll still happen and people will still be hurt. I've read some fairly interesting posts regarding the size, which actually makes sense, over compensating for the feeling of helplessness/hopelessness, which I think is what you're saying monga. All of which is egged on by Bryson etc and now trying to break records.
You would hope sensible members of the community speak out so this doesn't happen again.

But outlawing them will achieve nothing, they'll still happen and people will still be hurt. I've read some fairly interesting posts regarding the size, which actually makes sense, over compensating for the feeling of helplessness/hopelessness, which I think is what you're saying monga. All of which is egged on by Bryson etc and now trying to break records.
You would hope sensible members of the community speak out so this doesn't happen again.
How much of a say have unionists got on them ? they've been taken over by hardline loyalists ,the size of that bonfire hasn't changed in over 10 yrs apparently if the unionist politicians wanted to make them a health and safety issue they've had plenty of time to do so .

I was just reading a news article on FB about it ,in the comments a woman with a foreign name has commented saying it's not only catholics feel intimated by these huge fires but people from other faiths aswell ,she said she's got asthma and the smoke and smog left behind makes for environmrental issues as she finds it hard to breathe ,she was basically told to duck off back to her own country with her bigoted views 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
What happens then? Do they get a commission? Because if someone phoned me up and said we think your family died at x location and you may have inheritance I would say cheers and then conduct my own investigation.
I don’t know? Apparently her son hasn’t seen her in 55 yrs 🤷🏼‍♀️

I used to watch heir hunters yes I'm sure they get a percentage. That story is odd.
It's rather close this evening.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.