Northern Ireland #3 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Must've been his heart or a stroke ? said he was rushed to hospital by ambulance .

Reactions: 1
There seem to be quite a lot of relatively young people dying after short illnesses recently. Perhaps it isn’t any higher than normal but I do think the whole GP triage thing has a huge part to play, I know many people put things off as trying to go to work and phoning the GP for the required 20 times before you eventually get through in the mornings is extremely concerning.

Reactions: 3
Also the PSNI are treating the attack on the bonfire a hate crime. Seriously? I don't agree with what happened but surely burning symbols, flags, election posters is also a hate crime. This place is topsy-turvy. I live in the middle of nowhere and if I wanted to burn stuff on my own land I could get into trouble and be fined. We do actually have stuff to burn at the moment and in jest it was suggested we light it on the 11th seeing as its fair game.

Was laughing at the cretins on FB last night over a post about the craigyhill monstrosity

Someone made a comment at a time of fuel poverty and rising living costs could the pallets not be broke down instead and given to pensioners

The comments ranged from
Wood is treated so can’t burn it in a home - fair enough don’t burn them then reuse in haulage instead of more trees been cut down to produce more to keep a supply chain

Your not allowed open fires anymore …. Ok for a big open fire in a field is it

This is a smokeless zone …. Well apart from the 11th night apparently

They are all master builders …. More people need to get a proper job

Thats awful 😢 I didn’t realise Dec’s brother was a priest. His parent’s are from here aren’t they? 55 is no age is it? ☹

They did that programme DNA journey it actually was a very good watch explaining both their Irish heritage and upbringing https://www.itv.com/hub/dna-journey/2a5252

There seem to be quite a lot of relatively young people dying after short illnesses recently. Perhaps it isn’t any higher than normal but I do think the whole GP triage thing has a huge part to play, I know many people put things off as trying to go to work and phoning the GP for the required 20 times before you eventually get through in the mornings is extremely concerning.
Getting access to GP was never easy, especially when you have to get a definitive diagnosis and appt warrant from a receptionist before you even got speaking to them over the phone never mind seen by one.

The GP surgeries is the only part of the health service that got protected during COVID and most still have their doors firmly closed over two years on.

It’s unfortunate that the malanderers are still getting treatment to keep all their many unnecessary meds & appt records to keep them on sickness & disability benefits

Whilst people with long term health conditions trying their best are put back if the queue and new symptoms are being ignored.

I got a letter in the post the other day about an abnormal blood result, no attempt to give me a quick call when they were reviewing it, no instead they pass the message on to reception which types it up and posts it and I get it 7 days after because post slow too
letter said to call and make an appointment to speak to the dr about my results - 84 attempts to get through over a 3 day period and when I did I was told I would need to phone again between 8.30 and 10.30 the following day as all the appointments were gone.

I had to explain several times that I’m between holding down a demanding full time job and managing 99% of my complex illness/disability myself on a daily basis without bothering GPs nurses or my consultants I couldn’t do that daily in the hope of getting an appointment and after all they sent me a letter so they wanted me not the other way round

Finally she broke and said well I will note it down but I can’t guarantee you will get a call and it probably won’t be today as we close half day for training.

They did ring and I had to do In yesterday morning to get them repeated the place was like a ghost town

I laugh at that in between seeing no patients what exactly is all this training, I bet you junior docs run of their feet on wards would love a half day training a week, nurses on wards etc

That’s me caught up as you were folks ….

Red wine poured and feet up 🍷📺

Now someone recommended something worth actually watching on TV

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

I have to say my GP has been pretty good throughout the pandemic no bother getting through on the phones or an appointment, the old covid has made a return again so I’m sure that’s more setbacks for the health service.

First time I have seen it but that picture and caption has made my day!

regarding the GP/Hospital thing. My partner has had quite a few hospital stays recently due to crohns/operations and the A&E waits are an absolute horrible experience. The A&E is packed and they are all run off their feet, people crying in corridors and when he was waiting to get admitted one Friday night the peelers coming in with all the ones off their faces was an experience. Then when you actually get admitted to the ward it is so chilled and tranquil in comparison.

Reactions: 4
Wonder who she is
I thought it was a reporter but I can't remember who. Think she did an interview. Seriously so so glad they have this legislation in place now.

Edit Aileen Moynagh???? Could be her?

Edit again. Its not.

I thought it was a reporter but I can't remember who. Think she did an interview. Seriously so so glad they have this legislation in place now.

Edit Aileen Moynagh???? Could be her?

Edit again. Its not.
Doesn't it take years before they act on it or has that changed ?

Musk has just ditched Twitter

Last edited:
Doesn't it take years before they act on it or has that changed ?
No idea how it works, but charged and appearing in court is huge, usually they can just speak to the offender and if its appropriate the victim could get an order to protect themselves at their own cost.
That's my understanding anyway.
Laws around coercive control are coming soon too.

It’s great he has been charged. NI isn’t a very big place and it would probably be easy to stalk someone. Hope she is ok, whoever she is.

This guy seems a right nutter!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Should we just send her on her merry way 🤔

This is a perfect example of the loyalist hold on the RUC ,afraid to admit they were doing their job in removing bonfire material from an EA site…

A police service for all I hear you say 🙄

Last edited:
I have the most atrocious hangover today 🤕

….was too greedy on the red wine 🍷

I can’t drink the way I used to at all and I need to remind myself of that on the moment not when I’m hanging the next day 😂😂😂

• Sad
  • Haha
I have the most atrocious hangover today 🤕

….was too greedy on the red wine 🍷

I can’t drink the way I used to at all and I need to remind myself of that on the moment not when I’m hanging the next day 😂😂😂
I see they've got a hangover pill now 😂

Getting the stews ready

Last edited:
  • Haha
That female sec offender story is 🤮🤮
Reminds me of that singer off lost prophets who got his fans to do things which I’m not going to print as it is horrific. I notice the partner is a bit older than her so wondering if he had groomed her from a younger age.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.