Northern Ireland #3 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The police abuse their powers day in where I live ,it's no wonder they never get to light for long before they're chased , they deliberatly wait until someone has their young kids in the car before the carry out their stop and searches , there's footage of kids screaming and crying terrified when they see the uniforms ,there's been cases where a woman with a newborn in her arms was made to stand in the rain for nearly an hour while her partners car was being searched, another where a guy was being stopped and searched up to twenty times a day and they think people should just accept this abuse of power and welcome them into the community .

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Somebody will probably take offence to this but it did make me chuckle 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Have to say the police in my area are grand but who knows some could be part of the 130. Some of my extended family don't trust them and when a theft occurred they were reluctant to report, it was so weird to me, but they're very suspicious of them. They hated every part of the process.
I have friends who are in the police and they're my friends because they're dead on and I don't think they're political or sectarian. They do give out about their job sometimes but its mostly about the social work aspect.
I remember the army behaving the way you describe Monga, remember it very well but the last uncomfortable interaction I had with the police was being stopped and dipped 😅 I wasn't sure what was in the vehicle I was driving.

Have to say the police in my area are grand but who knows some could be part of the 130. Some of my extended family don't trust them and when a theft occurred they were reluctant to report, it was so weird to me, but they're very suspicious of them. They hated every part of the process.
I have friends who are in the police and they're my friends because they're dead on and I don't think they're political or sectarian. They do give out about their job sometimes but its mostly about the social work aspect.
I remember the army behaving the way you describe Monga, remember it very well but the last uncomfortable interaction I had with the police was being stopped and dipped 😅 I wasn't sure what was in the vehicle I was driving.
I think it depends where you live to get what really goes on on the ground .I could post many things that would leave you gobsmacked ,you wouldn’t believe what still goes on in this day n age .

Reactions: 3
I think it depends where you live to get what really goes on on the ground .I could post many things that would leave you gobsmacked ,you wouldn’t believe what still goes on in this day n age .
I believe you. I'm just shocked.
Would it put you off reporting a crime?

“Sometimes we can say it’s only one or two people but we can’t say that anymore”.

There we have it, rotten to the core and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Banning WhatsApp at work? Sounds like a great solution 🤦🏼‍♀️
That’s grim and hopefully they turf out all the guilty ones.

in terms of banning WhatsApp at work, I would be of the opinion officers shouldn’t have their personal mobiles while on duty, they should give company ones with no social media access on them.

That’s grim and hopefully they turf out all the guilty ones.

in terms of banning WhatsApp at work, I would be of the opinion officers shouldn’t have their personal mobiles while on duty, they should give company ones with no social media access on them.
Yes they definitely shouldn’t use their personal phones at work but that’s not really where the problem lies, not being able to use WhatsApp won’t do anything to change their attitudes. If they’re ok with using the language that was exposed on spotlight then taking WhatsApp away won’t change that. It’s obviously a part of their personality and I’d question the motives of all those involved as to why they joined the police in the first place? That uniform let’s one get away with a lot the rest of us wouldn’t.

Cultural expression sites 😂 that’s a new one…lest we forget last years escapades and not a policeman in sight on the loyalist side

• Wow
FFS those reports make this place look terrible.
It's not an accurate representation. In saying that after I've got the groceries in thats us in the house until at least Wednesday. I wouldn't chance it. Was thinking about taking the train to Dublin on Monday or Tues but naaawwww. Bombscares in every sense of the word 😂

It's not an accurate representation. In saying that after I've got the groceries in thats us in the house until at least Wednesday. I wouldn't chance it. Was thinking about taking the train to Dublin on Monday or Tues but naaawwww. Bombscares in every sense of the word 😂
I’m off on my holidays tomorrow, can’t wait 🤣

• Heart
It's very accurate once they start the towns been wrecked on many occasions :(

Reactions: 2
Thats awful 😢 I didn’t realise Dec’s brother was a priest. His parent’s are from here aren’t they? 55 is no age is it? ☹
Yeah he’s got Irish family,his parents are from Derry I remember reading about his brother being a priest the time he got married, seems it was sudden too 🙁

Desertmartin. No word on what happened him? He took sick very suddenly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.