Northern Ireland #3 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The offficers involved in those photos of the suicide should absolutely be sacked. It’s disgusting. Similar to that case with the MET in England who took the photos of the two murdered girls. (There’s a TV doc about it I would recommend if u have a chance- I think it is called 2 sisters)

as for the PSNI in general I know several officers and know they wouldn’t behave like that, I do know there are problems within PSNI and police forces in general where this carries on but I do believe the vast majority are trying to do a good job. To be honest I don’t think Byrne is the right person to be chief constable. I don’t think his leadership is good either to the officers or to the people they are serving. I think I read somewhere he left his previous English post under questionable circumstances so that doesn’t help.

someone mentioned above about them becoming desensitised by traumatic events, I’m wondering is there the right training or scanning for these kind of things in general?

Reactions: 1
The offficers involved in those photos of the suicide should absolutely be sacked. It’s disgusting. Similar to that case with the MET in England who took the photos of the two murdered girls. (There’s a TV doc about it I would recommend if u have a chance- I think it is called 2 sisters)

as for the PSNI in general I know several officers and know they wouldn’t behave like that, I do know there are problems within PSNI and police forces in general where this carries on but I do believe the vast majority are trying to do a good job. To be honest I don’t think Byrne is the right person to be chief constable. I don’t think his leadership is good either to the officers or to the people they are serving. I think I read somewhere he left his previous English post under questionable circumstances so that doesn’t help.

someone mentioned above about them becoming desensitised by traumatic events, I’m wondering is there the right training or scanning for these kind of things in general?
There’s no comparison in the two case’s ,the Mets actions were despicable but at no time did they go near the bodies to expose their genitals ,degrade them and put them in disgusting poses because of their religion, neither were they protected for years and given full pay into the bargain, I don’t think they’re desensitised at all they’re just sectarian bigots bad to the bone.

I hope these hate fests are the first to go if we ever get a decent government ,should that mean taking it back to direct rule ,nobody should have to put up with this tit any longer barricaded into homes to appease the bully boys.

Last edited:
There’s no comparison in the two case’s ,the Mets actions were despicable but at no time did they go near the bodies to expose their genitals ,degrade them and put them in disgusting poses because of their religion, neither were they protected for years and given full pay into the bargain, I don’t think they’re desensitised at all they’re just sectarian bigots bad to the bone.
It takes a special type of sicko to interfere with a dead body with their family only metres away. Absolutely sick in the head.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
It takes a special type of sicko to interfere with a dead body with their family only metres away. Absolutely sick in the head.
I still can’t envisage any normal person doing something like that, sending his distraught father out of the room so they could put him in disgusting poses for their own fun and amusement …I’ve no words…

Reactions: 3
Apologies- I didn’t actually read the article so just assumed it was picture taking like the met case. The actions you have described above displays a real serious type of psycho (is that the word or sociological) behaviour. Agree that is on another level, was disgusted at the thought of just photos which is bad- I wonder were the officers young or old (not that it matters but am just curious)

Apologies- I didn’t actually read the article so just assumed it was picture taking like the met case. The actions you have described above displays a real serious type of psycho (is that the word or sociological) behaviour. Agree that is on another level, was disgusted at the thought of just photos which is bad- I wonder were the officers young or old (not that it matters but am just curious)
This doesn’t sound like new recruits I’d doubt they’d bend over backwards for a rookie
8EF09F79-A4B8-419F-AE77-CA9FC043C2EB.jpeg
BDDB6287-018E-4EF9-A3C1-6F7B2C14EE16.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: 2
This doesn’t sound like new recruits I’d doubt they’d bend over backwards for a rookie View attachment 1400360View attachment 1400361
I take it they mean the investigation of all that is against the same officer/s?

as horrible as it all is I think there is a knee jerk in a lot of cases about people being suspended “with pay”, not just in policing. But we have to remember within UK employment law generally people can’t just be suspended without pay while being under investigation as potentially the person could be innocent.
In this case it sounds unlikely they are innocent but they need to be afforded the same rights as a retail worker accused of theft or an admin person accused of theft etc
As horrible as it is to see this if you stop giving people suspension with pay and employment rights then we would just see an unfair dismissal case and the officer getting off on a technicality and getting a pay out, .

I take it they mean the investigation of all that is against the same officer/s?

as horrible as it all is I think there is a knee jerk in a lot of cases about people being suspended “with pay”, not just in policing. But we have to remember within UK employment law generally people can’t just be suspended without pay while being under investigation as potentially the person could be innocent.
In this case it sounds unlikely they are innocent but they need to be afforded the same rights as a retail worker accused of theft or an admin person accused of theft etc
As horrible as it is to see this if you stop giving people suspension with pay and employment rights then we would just see an unfair dismissal case and the officer getting off on a technicality and getting a pay out, .
It’s on the news atm his father and sister speaking about it,the chief constable offered his apologies he said the sectarianism was stomach churning, I think in this case they have concrete proof I hope they go down for a long time and get their comeuppance in prison…here’s hoping.

• Sad
It’s on the news atm his father and sister speaking about it,the chief constable offered his apologies he said the sectarianism was stomach churning, I think in this case they have concrete proof I hope they go down for a long time and get their comeuppance in prison…here’s hoping.
Absolutely, it does seem it is probably clear cut but they have to be seen to not give someone a fair hearing etc. I imagine it is probably worse than what is reported. Hopefully it is a slam dunk if found guilty etc.

It seems like a massive escalation between
Saying sectarian language- photographs- posed pics and gruesome things which sounds like it is an experienced psycho. The fact there are all the other investigations about the same person suggests there could be other things coming out about them.

Shows the importance of having loads of checks and balances on all these kind of roles where people are in contact with vulnerable people, police, churches, schools etc as there are complete sickos out there.

on a lighter note was anyone watching the women’s euros? NI had a 4-1 defeat from Norway who are one of the world best teams but was so proud to see our women out on the pitch which is historic for them.

I didn’t read it as being the same person but not sure.
It wouldn’t take a shop 5 years to investigate allegations of theft against an employee though. You can bet they’d be straight on it. This is the PSNI who have every possible tool at their disposal to get to the bottom of something like this as quickly as possible. I wonder how it works when someone’s been on full pay for that long and later found to be guilty of gross misconduct? Gross misconduct often means immediate dismissal so how can it be fair that they’ve allowed this to drag on for so long? 5 years sat at home on full pay? Nice work if you can get it. There’s no excuse for the way this has been handled IMO.

We all know the ombudsman is only a cover to get their stories straight very little ever comes from their investigations 🙄

It wouldn’t take a shop 5 years to investigate allegations of theft against an employee though. You can bet they’d be straight on it. This is the PSNI who have every possible tool at their disposal to get to the bottom of something like this as quickly as possible. I wonder how it works when someone’s been on full pay for that long and later found to be guilty of gross misconduct? Gross misconduct often means immediate dismissal so how can it be fair that they’ve allowed this to drag on for so long? 5 years sat at home on full pay? Nice work if you can get it. There’s no excuse for the way this has been handled IMO.
Absolutely if it has been going on for 5 years then that’s a different beast! I’ll try and watch the spotlight show if it is on over the weekend as I’m just posting based on limited posts on here and skimming over a news article. They can’t use covid as an excuse. If it had happened in March 2020 that may have had some mitigation in terms of timing but from 2017-2020 nothing happening seems appalling.

the more the Noah thing goes on the more I am convinced there is some informer type involvement either directly/indirectly.

I do think there needs to be a leadership shift in PSNI

Yeah, what went on with this case wasn't a coping mechanism or a dark sense of humour it was really bad. There actually needs to be outrage about this but there won't be because sadly it'll boil down to a them and us situation yet again and it isn't that at all. The people who did this are clearly psychopaths and should not have anonymity or still be in a job.
I don't want to read the article, I listened to the father yesterday and that was enough. 130 police officers are being investigated for gross misconduct here, its a scandal. "Keeping people safe" of course they are.
Colin Howell is another psycho who isn't capable of remorse, he says he has made his peace with God and is serving his time, he will be released and enjoy another 20 years of life as his family are long livers. He took the lives of two innocent people for his advantageous reasons and because he's evil, he should never be free.

Reactions: 5

And then there will be some silly excuse about their mental health, some made up crap about other internal/external pressures.

When they know the going is getting tough & they are on their way out they will resign - which probably means they will probably not have to pay any of the 5years pay back and potentially still get a pension.

Same as that charlatan neurologist Watt. His misconduct impacted the short and long term health of so many. He should be jailed for actual bodily harm.

In all these cases these perpetrators should be personally liable to pay compensation to victims.

But no - any redress will be by the PSNI for this police case and whose ultimately paying for that - the taxpayer.
It should be demotions and suspensions all round for anyone even loosely involved in the acts, the coverups and the poor recording/reporting/investigation of these acts.

If this was the other way round and the suicide victim was a police officer & a member of the public caught sight of them post death and had even one image they shared - then they and even the people commenting on social media posts about them or engaging in any WhatsApp groups would be dealt with promptly.

Yeah, what went on with this case wasn't a coping mechanism or a dark sense of humour it was really bad. There actually needs to be outrage about this but there won't be because sadly it'll boil down to a them and us situation yet again and it isn't that at all. The people who did this are clearly psychopaths and should not have anonymity or still be in a job.
I don't want to read the article, I listened to the father yesterday and that was enough. 130 police officers are being investigated for gross misconduct here, its a scandal. "Keeping people safe" of course they are.
Colin Howell is another psycho who isn't capable of remorse, he says he has made his peace with God and is serving his time, he will be released and enjoy another 20 years of life as his family are long livers. He took the lives of two innocent people for his advantageous reasons and because he's evil, he should never be free.
The baby was only 8 mths old and her cut down at 31 what an evil creature he is .

• Sad
Also the PSNI are treating the attack on the bonfire a hate crime. Seriously? I don't agree with what happened but surely burning symbols, flags, election posters is also a hate crime. This place is topsy-turvy. I live in the middle of nowhere and if I wanted to burn stuff on my own land I could get into trouble and be fined. We do actually have stuff to burn at the moment and in jest it was suggested we light it on the 11th seeing as its fair game.

I laughed at that aswell , no odds there's a hundred foot symbol of hate right on their doorstep but that's classed as culture 😂

• Haha
“Sometimes we can say it’s only one or two people but we can’t say that anymore”.

There we have it, rotten to the core and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Banning WhatsApp at work? Sounds like a great solution 🤦🏼‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.