Northern Ireland #23

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know what that means 😂 makes perfect sense to me. Anyway the people will get their say at the polls soon enough and they can vote for another century of FG FF rule if that’s what they want. Disproportionate amount of anger directed to SF who’ve never been in government in the South imo. Helen McEntee was a FG Minister last time I checked.
Yeah I actually agree that it is bizarre that Sinn Fein are getting the brunt of the blame but I think they misjudged their voting base in the south over the referendum. If they don’t take power in the south at the election then I would say they will bin off Mary Lou.

Reactions: 1
I don’t know what that means 😂 makes perfect sense to me. Anyway the people will get their say at the polls soon enough and they can vote for another century of FG FF rule if that’s what they want. Disproportionate amount of anger directed to SF who’ve never been in government in the South imo. Helen McEntee was a FG Minister last time I checked.
I’m talking about the EU commission taking over where the British left off…Shinners endorse the FF, FG and even Greens policies they’re exactly the same, no opposition…Will that be the thousands of non citizens that have no ties to the country but able to change the political landscape’s ,vote 😂or those it actually affects longterm ?
---
Yeah I actually agree that it is bizarre that Sinn Fein are getting the brunt of the blame but I think they misjudged their voting base in the south over the referendum. If they don’t take power in the south at the election then I would say they will bin off Mary Lou.
It’s because nationalists saw the shinners as a people party but it turns out they’re exactly the same as the other government parties .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
So if they’re all the same why is all the anger heading in one direction 🤔 Don’t get it, what happened to just not voting for someone if you disagree with their policies? Why vandalism and endless social media abuse?Protesting against SF won’t achieve anything, they can’t change a policy they didn’t make 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t like Jim Allister, in fact I think he’s an extremist but it would never occur to me to abuse him on Twitter or vandalise his office 🤷🏼‍♀️ just vote for someone who aligns with your political aspirations. If that’s FG FF then good luck to them 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
So if they’re all the same why is all the anger heading in one direction 🤔 Don’t get it, what happened to just not voting for someone if you disagree with their policies? Why vandalism and endless social media abuse?Protesting against SF won’t achieve anything, they can’t change a policy they didn’t make 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t like Jim Allister, in fact I think he’s an extremist but it would never occur to me to abuse him on Twitter or vandalise his office 🤷🏼‍♀️ just vote for someone who aligns with your political aspirations. If that’s FG FF then good luck to them 🤦🏼‍♀️
Because SF voters feel betrayed by them and they're angry about it. They expected better from them. FF/FG voters on the other hand know not to expect much so there's less anger there!

Because SF voters feel betrayed by them and they're angry about it. They expected better from them. FF/FG voters on the other hand know not to expect much so there's less anger there!
That’s fine so just vote for someone else 🤷🏼‍♀️ if FF FG voters don’t expect much from them then they need to vote for someone else too. The only way to hold any party to account is at the polls.

It’s not? Do you not keep up with the news Nora 😂 they want the entire establishment gone.
---
That’s fine so just vote for someone else 🤷🏼‍♀️ if FF FG voters don’t expect much from them then they need to vote for someone else too. The only way to hold any party to account is at the polls.
What about if you’re a party that makes it especially appealing to the non nationals vote as a way of gaining support? It’s already skewed before the elections take place,if it’s the case a none national can vote why can’t we reserve a vote as Irish citizens north of the border 🤷🏼‍♀️after all the new Ireland will affect generations to come especially a united Ireland.

• Haha
There's loads of people that aren't that happy with FF FG who still aren't going to vote for anyone else bar maybe an independent. The other parties are all too far left for them or really fringe. I'm just explaining why SF are getting so much anger directed at them and it's because their base feel really let down by them. They thought they were one thing and they've turned out to be another - basically much the same as the govt parties. People are annoyed at them because they are the opposition and they've voted with the govt on so many things that their own base didn't agree with e.g. hate speech laws, eu migration pact. It's not that people are blaming SF more than the govt for the current state of affairs but they're angrier with them because they feel betrayed.

It’s not? Do you not keep up with the news Nora 😂 they want the entire establishment gone.
---

What about if you’re a party that makes it especially appealing to the non nationals vote as a way of gaining support? It’s already skewed before the elections take place,if it’s the case a none national can vote why can’t we reserve a vote as Irish citizens north of the border 🤷🏼‍♀️after all the new Ireland will affect generations to come especially a united Ireland.
Yeah I do thanks. They want the establishment gone so vote for independents then 🤷🏼‍♀️ let’s see the “Ireland is full” lot put their money where their (massive) mouths are. We can’t vote because we’re not resident there, another product of partition. Also don’t get what’s wrong with “appealing to non nationals” but that’s another story.

• Heart
Yeah I do thanks. They want the establishment gone so vote for independents then 🤷🏼‍♀️ let’s see the “Ireland is full” lot put their money where their (massive) mouths are. We can’t vote because we’re not resident there, another product of partition. Also don’t get what’s wrong with “appealing to non nationals” but that’s another story.
Why would you give a non citizen a vote in the very establishment of the bones that run your country ? It makes no sense!

• Haha
That’s actually an interesting point that someone who isn’t a national can vote yet someone who is an Irish citizen here can’t! But then I suppose that would open it up to every Tom, dick and Harry all over the world who has an Irish passport but has no skin in the game as such. Bit of a mess really.

• Haha
That’s actually an interesting point that someone who isn’t a national can vote yet someone who is an Irish citizen here can’t! But then I suppose that would open it up to every Tom, dick and Harry all over the world who has an Irish passport but has no skin in the game as such. Bit of a mess really.
Still resident on the Island would solve that! It’s the reason we’re afforded duel citizenship in the first place 🤷🏼‍♀️ …How would a Ukrainian candidate looking to keep their free board, lodgings and medical cards with Irish taxpayers money benefit Irish people ?

• Haha
Still resident on the Island would solve that! It’s the reason we’re afforded duel citizenship in the first place 🤷🏼‍♀️ …How would a Ukrainian candidate looking to keep their free board, lodgings and medical cards with Irish taxpayers money benefit Irish people ?
The second any ‘refugee’ goes home on holiday or for Christmas is the second any status should be reviewed.

Reactions: 4
This is one of the most disturbing things I have read. Regarding the nursery worker who has just been convicted of mansalughter.
The nursery worker who ‘persecuted’ baby girl

• Sad
This is one of the most disturbing things I have read. Regarding the nursery worker who has just been convicted of mansalughter.

She denied it was her fault too.
---

• Sad

That is horrific i felt sick reading about that wee baby being left to scream and cry face down. That poor family

• Sad
Sure wasn’t MMcG saying for years that Irish citizens in the North should have a vote? That wouldn’t correlate with the SF bashing though.

I think I’m done with this thread for a while. It used to be enjoyable and a good laugh but lately the conversation always turns to immigrants and I’m not going to lie, I find it draining. If I’m an hole for saying so then so be it. I’ll leave you to it 👋

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
That is horrific i felt sick reading about that wee baby being left to scream and cry face down. That poor family
It seems in my uneducated opinion that she probably didn’t get done for murder and only manslaughter as the nursery looked to have been massively understaffed as I was wondering why no one picked up on it. Seems like the cctv caught all the previous comments. Absolutely horrible for the family. I loved how they described their precious girl. Heartbreaking.

There’s not much to laugh about when we’re in line to be the dump of Europe, let’s see how good our politicians really are after licking the hole of the British establishment for their own ends, only losers being ourselves and future generations.
---
The puppet was smaller than expected
IMG_6414.jpeg

---
Never saw this reported

---
Good riddance

Last edited:

---
Terrifying we’ll need bodyguards before too long.

Last edited: