Northern Ireland #23

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The conspiracy theorists will be saying that it is a portrait of the replacement and it's to get the public accustomed to how she looks so we're less shocked when they start wheeling her out 🤣
The conspiracy theorists are wild! Twitter is full of Americans convinced she's dead/in a coma.

Reactions: 1
The conspiracy theorists will be saying that it is a portrait of the replacement and it's to get the public accustomed to how she looks so we're less shocked when they start wheeling her out 🤣
I thought she was already dead from a sleeping pill overdose 😬

• Wow
Yeah, Americans acting like it is strange not seeing the kids but the royals have long had an agreement that they don’t photograph them during the school term. That football match William went to with George was probably something long planned and promised.

@monga your conversation on that other thread is making me laugh this morning. People coming at you accusing you of all sorts of things you hadn’t actually said. Think I will stick to chatting tit here!

• Haha
@monga your conversation on that other thread is making me laugh this morning. People coming at you accusing you of all sorts of things you hadn’t actually said. Think I will stick to chatting tit here!
It the NI way of thinking, even Alexa don’t get our tit 😂I’m basically endorsing what they’re saying too, but in a more balanced way.

• Haha
Maybe more non denominational schools should be opened? It’s not like parents aren’t aware of the type of school they’re sending their kids to.
I actually think this is bullshit. I remember us talking ages ago about ‘RE’ in schools. Even in primary school you could opt your kids out and if you did RE it would be with whichever variation your kids you wanted them in. If you didn’t want them in RE this wasn’t an issue 30 years ago when I was 10 and we were more ‘religious’ as a country then. All you had to do is say you didn’t want your kids in RE or you didn’t want them going on EMU trips and it wasn’t an issue then so this seems like a load of balls now. Or maybe I just went to schools which respected parents wishes (I doubt that tbh)
---
This actually winds me up. If you didn’t know you could withdraw your kids from religious education then you haven’t been paying enough attention as a parent. Take your head out of your phone for 10 seconds and actually read the curriculum for the school you are sending your kids to and if you have an issue with it then don’t send them there.

Reactions: 5
If they withdrew the children from RE then they wouldn’t have the big Communion or Confirmation. Plenty never darken a Church door, yet run the country for outfits and all that goes with it now. Balloon displays, bouncy castles, catering, photographers etc etc. They’re only wanting to hear themselves!

If they withdrew the children from RE then they wouldn’t have the big Communion or Confirmation. Plenty never darken a Church door, yet run the country for outfits and all that goes with it now. Balloon displays, bouncy castles, catering, photographers etc etc. They’re only wanting to hear themselves!
I remember having to do confirmation (30 odd years ago) and it was shite as had to go to ‘classes” and pretend I wanted to be there for weeks. Was church of Ireland so not sure if it is same for the first communion in Catholic Church?

These days I have seen a few first communion type things on FB and it seems to be more of a fashion show for the mums than actually giving a duck about the religious aspect
---
This post made me laugh… why do politicians have to make out they are something they are not?!

Last edited:
I actually think this is bullshit. I remember us talking ages ago about ‘RE’ in schools. Even in primary school you could opt your kids out and if you did RE it would be with whichever variation your kids you wanted them in. If you didn’t want them in RE this wasn’t an issue 30 years ago when I was 10 and we were more ‘religious’ as a country then. All you had to do is say you didn’t want your kids in RE or you didn’t want them going on EMU trips and it wasn’t an issue then so this seems like a load of balls now. Or maybe I just went to schools which respected parents wishes (I doubt that tbh)
---
This actually winds me up. If you didn’t know you could withdraw your kids from religious education then you haven’t been paying enough attention as a parent. Take your head out of your phone for 10 seconds and actually read the curriculum for the school you are sending your kids to and if you have an issue with it then don’t send them there.
Our schools are parish schools I don’t think we can withdraw them ( I’ve never tried) in secondary my eldest wanted to drop RE at GCSE they told him he couldn’t, there’s only priests visit the odd time to do mass on occasions like a leavers mass etc, but that’s usually done in chapel now, there’s no religious trips etc just bog standard RE about the life of Jesus and some saints.
---
I’m not sure it’s those parents complaining.
---
I remember having to do confirmation (30 odd years ago) and it was shite as had to go to ‘classes” and pretend I wanted to be there for weeks. Was church of Ireland so not sure if it is same for the first communion in Catholic Church?

These days I have seen a few first communion type things on FB and it seems to be more of a fashion show for the mums than actually giving a duck about the religious aspect
---
This post made me laugh… why do politicians have to make out they are something they are not?!

Starmers going to suffer in office ,his wife and her family are Jewish most of his party are for Palestine I don’t know how he’ll deal with it without offending someone.

Last edited:
Scum of the north wrecking Derry

---
Jimmy’s going to be on fire 🔥 was wondering why Sunak was here lol

Last edited:
Our schools are parish schools I don’t think we can withdraw them ( I’ve never tried) in secondary my eldest wanted to drop RE at GCSE they told him he couldn’t, there’s only priests visit the odd time to do mass on occasions like a leavers mass etc, but that’s usually done in chapel now, there’s no religious trips etc just bog standard RE about the life of Jesus and some saints.
---

I’m not sure it’s those parents complaining.
---

Starmers going to suffer in office ,his wife and her family are Jewish most of his party are for Palestine I don’t know how he’ll deal with it without offending someone.
Starmer has been a big disappointment in terms of leadership. He seems so desperate to get elected he flip flops all over the place. I actually had high hopes for him because of him doing the Mclibel trial years ago. For me it isn’t even about whether he is for or against Palestine or any other issue. It is the fact that he has changed his mind on things and not taken a stance. The problem is he seems to worry more about party members than the electorate.

Reactions: 3
Starmer has been a big disappointment in terms of leadership. He seems so desperate to get elected he flip flops all over the place. I actually had high hopes for him because of him doing the Mclibel trial years ago. For me it isn’t even about whether he is for or against Palestine or any other issue. It is the fact that he has changed his mind on things and not taken a stance. The problem is he seems to worry more about party members than the electorate.
He’s got neither backbone nor conviction, whatever way the wind blows! Like I said he’s going to be pulled in all directions by the electorate I’m sure Sunak’s laughing into his coffee, especially now Corbyns running as an independent 😂

Reactions: 3
He’s got neither backbone nor conviction, whatever way the wind blows! Like I said he’s going to be pulled in all directions by the electorate I’m sure Sunak’s laughing into his coffee, especially now Corbyns running as an independent 😂
Bet Sunak will be raging if he manages an unlikely win lol. Can you imagine planning your nice Californian life then the Brits ruin it 😂😂

• Haha
Scum of the north wrecking Derry
The co accused sound delightful too!

PS going through a pretty crappy personal situation at the minute so haven’t had the brain space to go through threads much or respond.

Trying to keep my positive pants on, hope everyone else is well
---
PPS @Wee Nora pretty please come back, stalwart of this thread 🧵
Don’t know what happened and haven’t the capacity to read through all the posts properly but we can’t lose you like we did @BigMavis 😢

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
PS going through a pretty crappy personal situation at the minute so haven’t had the brain space to go through threads much or respond.

Trying to keep my positive pants on, hope everyone else is well
Awh sorry to hear, hope you’re ok.
Missing your input on a lot of threads xx

• Heart