Northern Ireland #23

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s what I’m saying, there needs to be more than just a stadium to attract people, try getting a taxi to take you there for a start 🙄 city centres are dying they’re not the hubs they were yrs ago , there’s more young addicts now than they were we I was growing up, that’s partly down to lack of investment, I don’t agree the troubles are all to blame it’s how the island has changed as a whole , you’ve got a better chance of getting a decent house and multiple benefits if you’re an addict ,that needs to change !we shouldn’t be rewarding that lifestyle .I’d cut the PIP off them for a start, give it to those that really need it.
Ever been to Croke Park when there’s a concert on? You’ve zero chance of getting a taxi there either but they still come in their hundreds of thousands.
Drug addiction is a massive world wide issue. Have you seen L.A lately? Like two different worlds within the same city. Never mind putting addicts on the street, they could start with taking the dealers off them. Totally separate issue to the Euros imo.

Reactions: 3
Ever been to Croke Park when there’s a concert on? You’ve zero chance of getting a taxi there either but they still come in their hundreds of thousands.
Drug addiction is a massive world wide issue. Have you seen L.A lately? Like two different worlds within the same city. Never mind putting addicts on the street, they could start with taking the dealers off them. Totally separate issue to the Euros imo.
But at least you get one during the day! Like hens teeth in this town, can’t even have an outdoor seating area because it’s hi-jacked by squabbling addicts ( not even from the town) we’re on our way to LA imo..Good luck to Taylor 😂

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
But at least you get one during the day! Like hens teeth in this town, can’t even have an outdoor seating area because it’s hi-jacked by squabbling addicts ( not even from the towns) we’re on our way to LA imo..Good luck to Taylor 😂
She’s just trying to grift a few tickets,

• Haha
But at least you get one during the day! Like hens teeth in this town, can’t even have an outdoor seating area because it’s hi-jacked by squabbling addicts ( not even from the towns) we’re on our way to LA imo..Good luck to Taylor 😂
How did people manage when the Irish Open was on? I’ve not had an issue getting a taxi in Belfast but if we’re going to wait until there’s thousands of taxis and no addicts before we host an event we’ll be waiting a long f*cking time. God forbid we could have anything remotely enjoyable happen here.
Maybe letting Dublin fulfil the fixture is a good idea after all because if there’s a way to suck the life out of something you can rely on good aul norn iron to find it. Let the visitors spend their money in Dublin, that’ll help us out a lot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
How did people manage when the Irish Open was on? I’ve not had an issue getting a taxi in Belfast but if we’re going to wait until there’s thousands of taxis and no addicts before we host an event we’ll be waiting a long f*cking time. God forbid we could have anything remotely enjoyable happen here.
Maybe letting Dublin fulfil the fixture is a good idea after all because if there’s a way to suck the life out of something you can rely on good aul norn iron to find it. Let the visitors spend their money in Dublin, that’ll help us out a lot.

Like I said we’d need to make an attractive destination if people are to visit, the Belfast bars are shutting early because they can’t attract local people into the city centre due to harassment and trouble, that needs to be knocked on the head if tourism is to take off.

Reactions: 1
That’s not a current clip. Not a fan of that song and I know it has been sung but why are you posting clips that are possibly 8 years old without any question claiming it is NI fans in Germany?
---

You are actually so full of tit. You have taken a tik tok from years ago claiming it was from this week.and used it to paint all NI fans a certain way when you know nothing of it.
I would actually love you all to come to an NI match with me to see the reality.
Me? Full of tit? Thanks very much 😉 Fair enough if the clip is old but my comment still stands. NI is being held back by the same toxic attitudes. Sadly, there’s nothing outdated about that 🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited to add, I didn’t take anything from TikTok, I’m a millennial, I don’t have TikTok. I merely commented. I’ve often thought you were full of tit, I just try to be polite and as respectful as possible on this thread.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
She’s just trying to grift a few tickets,
Photo op 😉
---

---
Me? Full of tit? Thanks very much 😉 Fair enough if the clip is old but my comment still stands. NI is being held back by the same toxic attitudes. Sadly, there’s nothing outdated about that 🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited to add, I didn’t take anything from TikTok, I’m a millennial, I don’t have TikTok. I merely commented. I’ve often thought you were full of tit, I just try to be polite and as respectful as possible on this thread.
Well they could always cancel the OO and use the money used to police the numerous parades on something worthwhile and inclusive😂
---
They knew it wasn’t going ahead imo

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Until we can move on from our divisive past this place is going nowhere. The fact we still have to have two of everything to suit both sides is a drain on the economy. Schools, recreational space, shops, social facilities all duplicated because one side won’t share with another and this stadium is the prime example. Literally cutting off your nose to spite your face. Investment needs to be made in our government for change, for someone to have the balls to stand up and put things aside and work with the ‘enemy’ for the greater good of the country and not follow years old political lines because that’s the done thing.

Reactions: 7
Until we can move on from our divisive past this place is going nowhere. The fact we still have to have two of everything to suit both sides is a drain on the economy. Schools, recreational space, shops, social facilities all duplicated because one side won’t share with another and this stadium is the prime example. Literally cutting off your nose to spite your face. Investment needs to be made in our government for change, for someone to have the balls to stand up and put things aside and work with the ‘enemy’ for the greater good of the country and not follow years old political lines because that’s the done thing.
Unplanned twins that nobody wants lol

• Haha
I apologise for to tone of my messages particularly to you @Et tu Brute?
it just pisses me off that people seem to think every NI fan is singing the billy boys or whatever at all times when that really isn’t the case. (Not saying you think this)

I apologise for to tone of my messages particularly to you @Et tu Brute?
it just pisses me off that people seem to think every NI fan is singing the billy boys or whatever at all times when that really isn’t the case. (Not saying you think this)
Apology accepted Grifty. I’m sorry. My blood sugar was low and I completely overreacted.

I genuinely don’t think all NI fans are bad. A member of my very very very extended family used to play for NI so I’ve no issue with the team or most of the fans.

What I do have issue with is Northern Ireland being held back because our politicians cannot find common ground and people in influential positions cannot see the bigger picture. We are being forgotten and left behind in every way and worse off than even the most disadvantaged areas of the rest of the UK. We deserve better. Our children deserve better but people would rather get caught up in wataboutery than putting their energy into making this place better

Reactions: 4
Apology accepted Grifty. I’m sorry. My blood sugar was low and I completely overreacted.

I genuinely don’t think all NI fans are bad. A member of my very very very extended family used to play for NI so I’ve no issue with the team or most of the fans.

What I do have issue with is Northern Ireland being held back because our politicians cannot find common ground and people in influential positions cannot see the bigger picture. We are being forgotten and left behind in every way and worse off than even the most disadvantaged areas of the rest of the UK. We deserve better. Our children deserve better but people would rather get caught up in wataboutery than putting their energy into making this place better
I agree with you and I overreacted too and feel embarrassed for getting personal. I don’t want to be nasty on the thread as although we might disagree on a lot of things we usually manage to have constructive conversations so again I am sorry. I do think you should check out an NI match some time though. It might surprise you.

Isn’t the problem because people come from totally different backgrounds and viewpoints, how do they set that aside to focus on political progression (to suit all )when we still have a divisive core ? We’re still a few generations away from common ground imo.

Isn’t the problem because people come from totally different backgrounds and viewpoints, how do they set that aside to focus on political progression (to suit all )when we still have a divisive core ? We’re still a few generations away from common ground imo.
We can come from totally different backgrounds but recognise that this country and its citizens are being disadvantaged in every way. Obviously it’s about political progression as politics is a catch all way to address issues, but the change needed is very much economic. We need proper investment but when those in charge are arguing about things that would benefit us even being built, we’ve no chance.

Last edited:
We can come from totally different backgrounds but recognise that this country and its citizens are being disadvantaged in every way. Obviously it’s about political progression as politics is a catch all way to address issues, but the change needed is very much economic. We need proper investment but when those in charge are arguing about things that would benefit us even being built, we’ve no chance.
That all stems back to division, there’s still no common ground to achieve prosperity, the SDLP think pushing third parties is going to achieve it when all that will do is add more problems.