Northern Ireland #23

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well if it’s not current I guess that’s ok. Who said it was all NI fans? Nobody that’s who.

This guy’s an NI fan and there it is in black and white, no games at all is preferable over a game at Casement 😂 and we know you’re a fan of his TED talks so you’re not really in a position to lecture anyone imo 🫠😂

View attachment 3003049
He's such a toxic individual. Unfortunately for the DUP etc he's saying the quiet part loud. They've shown it time and time again (see Brexit for example) that they'd rather see this place wither and fade than do anything which might benefit themmuns.

Reactions: 3
The whole casement park thing was a joke. It should have been built and I am happy enough for it and was happy with the euros idea, however the IFA really should have been fighting a bit harder for it to be in their own stadium.
I actually thought the casement park renovatioin had started being built so was surprised the other day when it came out about it.

Casement will be built regardless but Belfast won’t get the Euros, Dublin will host an extra game instead lol. Own goal.

IMG_0355.jpeg

I have no real interest in GAA or the soccer but honestly it’s infuriating watching small minds try to drive this into a sectarian issue.

When I lived overseas so many people gushed about Ireland and how they visited & travelled all over. When I asked if they ventured north to Donegal, the giants causeway, Down or Belfast they all would say ah no, we didn’t want to venture into NI as it may not be safe. That’s the worlds view of us from afar. The opportunities for tourism here are huge & as usual small minded individuals ruin it for all.

Reactions: 9
I have no real interest in GAA or the soccer but honestly it’s infuriating watching small minds try to drive this into a sectarian issue.

When I lived overseas so many people gushed about Ireland and how they visited & travelled all over. When I asked if they ventured north to Donegal, the giants causeway, Down or Belfast they all would say ah no, we didn’t want to venture into NI as it may not be safe. That’s the worlds view of us from afar. The opportunities for tourism here are huge & as usual small minded individuals ruin it for all.
I work in a tourist environment. I meet all sorts travelling from all over the world (American, Chinese, Japanese, German, French, Spanish - even from South Africa!)
I can't reveal where I meet them or I may be hunted down. BUT I get this a lot. They don't want to risk travelling into the Northern areas for fear of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. When I do manage to convince them that they cannot miss out on the Giants Causeway etc etc they always come back to let me know that they've had a great time.

It can take some convincing though and it's really a shame because I think NI is (mostly) great and want people to visit us, just avoid the knuckle dragging areas 😂

Reactions: 6

Our town is packed with tourists, heaven only knows why ? There’s nothing on offer only bail hostels and charity shops 🙄 it’s investment they should be crying out for not sporting venues of any description.
---
I work in a tourist environment. I meet all sorts travelling from all over the world (American, Chinese, Japanese, German, French, Spanish - even from South Africa!)
I can't reveal where I meet them or I may be hunted down. BUT I get this a lot. They don't want to risk travelling into the Northern areas for fear of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. When I do manage to convince them that they cannot miss out on the Giants Causeway etc etc they always come back to let me know that they've had a great time.

It can take some convincing though and it's really a shame because I think NI is (mostly) great and want people to visit us, just avoid the knuckle dragging areas 😂
The north coast is stunning, lots missing out on the beauty of the north.

• Heart
It's not even in Germany, that's the Euros in 2016 in France. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Can't believe everything you read on the internet.
That’s grand then 👍 thanks for the tip.

Our town is packed with tourists, heaven only knows why ? There’s nothing on offer only bail hostels and charity shops 🙄 it’s investment they should be crying out for not sporting venues of any description.
---

The north coast is stunning, lots missing out on the beauty of the north.
Surely a sporting venue, any sporting venue is an investment 🤷🏼‍♀️ Casement, like the Aviva, Croke Park etc is to be used for various sports as well as concerts. Build it and they will come. I’m sure all the struggling small businesses would be grateful for the extra footfall.

Reactions: 4
That’s grand then 👍 thanks for the tip.

Surely a sporting venue, any sporting venue is an investment 🤷🏼‍♀️ Casement, like the Aviva, Croke Park etc is to be used for various sports as well as concerts. Build it and they will come. I’m sure all the struggling small businesses would be grateful for the extra footfall.
But there is no businesses, everything’s shutting down, surely giving people something to come to should be a priority? They’ve built our entire tourism industry on the troubles, then people complain we look bad to outsiders 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
But there is no businesses, everything’s shutting down, surely giving people something to come to should be a priority? They’ve built our entire tourism industry on the troubles, then people complain we look bad to outsiders 🤷🏼‍♀️
Well surely the Euros would “give people something to come to”. Can’t have the events without the venue. Visitors don’t just come to an event and go home, they stay, they eat, they drink, they shop. I don’t see how sending it to Dublin is going to help anyone up here. Pink is packing out a sporting venue in Dublin over the next few days, Taylor Swift next week.
As for building tourism on the troubles, my point exactly, what’s wrong with people coming to NI for something bloody positive for a change? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Well surely the Euros would “give people something to come to”. Can’t have the events without the venue. Visitors don’t just come to an event and go home, they stay, they eat, they drink, they shop. I don’t see how sending it to Dublin is going to help anyone up here. Pink is packing out a sporting venue in Dublin over the next few days, Taylor Swift next week.
As for building tourism on the troubles, my point exactly, what’s wrong with people coming to NI for something bloody positive for a change? 🤷🏼‍♀️
That’s the problem eateries are closing down, it’s lines of shutters , town centres are full with druggies scrapping each other, no point putting the cart before the horse ,if you want to attract people you need to be able to offer them something besides a match.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
s that for everything? I’ve dual citizenship but my husband only has Irish citizenship and we can both vote in the upcoming election.
I’m talking about asylum seekers not being able to vote in UK local elections like they were in the south, you can vote in UK elections from different territories provided you’re a citizen of those countries.ROI is part of the British Isles and common travel area.
---
Surprised they couldn’t reach a verdict.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m talking about asylum seekers not being able to vote in UK local elections like they were in the south, you can vote in UK elections from different territories provided you’re a citizen of those countries.ROI is part of the British Isles and common travel area.
---
Surprised they couldn’t reach a verdict.
Thanks for explaining I’m useless with these things. I completed two of those “who do I align with” surveys and one said The Green Party and one said reform UK 🤨 😂

• Haha
That’s the problem eateries are closing down, it’s lines of shutters , town centres are full with druggies scrapping each other, no point putting the cart before the horse ,if you want to attract people you need to be able to offer them something besides a match.
Every city in the world has a drug issue but here in N.I a hell of a lot of our mental health and addiction problems are a fallout from the troubles with PTSD and intergenerational trauma. That’s why we need to move on and have these 6 counties on the map for more than one reason. History is important but it doesn’t have to define a place. The beautiful scenery and culture doesn’t stop at the border, we need to be doing more to showcase it, part of that is incentivising people to come.

Reactions: 7
Every city in the world has a drug issue but here in N.I a hell of a lot of our mental health and addiction problems are a fallout from the troubles with PTSD and intergenerational trauma. That’s why we need to move on and have these 6 counties on the map for more than one reason. History is important but it doesn’t have to define a place. The beautiful scenery and culture doesn’t stop at the border, we need to be doing more to showcase it, part of that is incentivising people to come.
That’s what I’m saying, there needs to be more than just a stadium to attract people, try getting a taxi to take you there for a start 🙄 city centres are dying they’re not the hubs they were yrs ago , there’s more young addicts now than they were we I was growing up, that’s partly down to lack of investment, I don’t agree the troubles are all to blame it’s how the island has changed as a whole , you’ve got a better chance of getting a decent house and multiple benefits if you’re an addict ,that needs to change !we shouldn’t be rewarding that lifestyle .I’d cut the PIP off them for a start, give it to those that really need it.

• Sad
Reactions: 2