Northern Ireland #23

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just not a fan of IRA chants but other than that I couldn’t give a duck but I had to check my watch as we aren’t in March! 😂
The same can be said for the Twelfth lockdown that has nothing to do with the areas they march through chanting 🤷🏼‍♀️ just have to suck it up
---
His MIL is a senior copper

Reactions: 1
What more do they want? They’ve banned tricolours and even the ST Patrick’s Day has been changed to spring carnival.
I’m looking forward to them making the Twelfth less British - no Union Jacks!
---
The same can be said for the Twelfth lockdown that has nothing to do with the areas they march through chanting 🤷🏼‍♀️ just have to suck it up
---
His MIL is a senior copper
I think I remember them d being discussed somewhere before, it’s ringing bells.

So what if a senior police officer working shift so that wouldn’t work as childcare!
No reason not to give a custodial sentence - reckon what is before the courts is only the tip of the iceberg.
they are no doubt all in a lot deeper.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
What more do they want? They’ve banned tricolours and even the ST Patrick’s Day has been changed to spring carnival.
You actually have to laugh like. I know St George’s Day isn’t celebrated in the same way paddy’s day is celebrated here but can you imagine someone saying aye but make it less English please 😂😂bleeping idiot.

In other news I was at Ireland’s Future yesterday- it was interesting enough but overly long and they tried to cram too much in. It just felt like box ticking. Everyone who spoke literally had 4 or 5 minutes, there was no debate, there was no challenges, it could barely even be classed as a conversation. Genuinely the most interesting bit for me was hearing the Protestant perspectives on a UI. And tbf Leo Varadkers bit was good.
In future they need to shorten it by an hour and half, perhaps open up the floor to questions and actually try to have some meaningful conversations.
It just fell a bit flat somehow? Enjoyed it all the same

Reactions: 6
I know I've been quiet on here recently, a lot behind the scenes work been going on.

I just wanna say after years of trying and taking on new challenges to get myself there, I've finally been offered a permanent position within NICS!! 🙈

Now I get to waste taxpayer money on a more official scale 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know I've been quiet on here recently, a lot behind the scenes work been going on.

I just wanna say after years of trying and taking on new challenges to get myself there, I've finally been offered a permanent position within NICS!! 🙈

Congratulations 🥳

Congratulations! Mr Mary Lou works in the NICS and does sweet FA 😂😂

IMG_0325.jpeg

Lesser mortals? “Lesser mortals” would be languishing on NHS waiting lists or trying to figure out how they’re going to pay their bills and manage childcare while they have treatment or wondering if they can actually afford to die. What makes them lesser? Is it that they don’t have a full medical team, maids, nannies, chefs etc at their beck and call 24/7, all propped up by tax payers? More than a whiff of “let them cake” off this 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 9
View attachment 2997515
Lesser mortals? “Lesser mortals” would be languishing on NHS waiting lists or trying to figure out how they’re going to pay their bills and manage childcare while they have treatment or wondering if they can actually afford to die. What makes them lesser? Is it that they don’t have a full medical team, maids, nannies, chefs etc at their beck and call 24/7, all propped up by tax payers? More than a whiff of “let them cake” off this 🤢
Lesser mortals are affording her the lifestyle and treatment that they can’t afford themselves 🙄
---
You actually have to laugh like. I know St George’s Day isn’t celebrated in the same way paddy’s day is celebrated here but can you imagine someone saying aye but make it less English please 😂😂bleeping idiot.

In other news I was at Ireland’s Future yesterday- it was interesting enough but overly long and they tried to cram too much in. It just felt like box ticking. Everyone who spoke literally had 4 or 5 minutes, there was no debate, there was no challenges, it could barely even be classed as a conversation. Genuinely the most interesting bit for me was hearing the Protestant perspectives on a UI. And tbf Leo Varadkers bit was good.
In future they need to shorten it by an hour and half, perhaps open up the floor to questions and actually try to have some meaningful conversations.
It just fell a bit flat somehow? Enjoyed it all the same
So what’s their plans? Besides a quick money maker of sound bites 😂

Reactions: 3
Lesser mortals are affording her the lifestyle and treatment that they can’t afford themselves 🙄
I’m sorry she’s ill and glad she’s doing well but I don’t get why she’s any better or more “stunning and brave” 🙄 than any other person going through cancer. I wonder how much money was squandered on that load of crap yesterday, young Louis summed it up, yawning his way through it 😂

• Haha
I’m sorry she’s ill and glad she’s doing well but I don’t get why she’s any better or more “stunning and brave” 🙄 than any other person going through cancer. I wonder how much money was squandered on that load of crap yesterday, young Louis summed it up, yawning his way through it 😂
They cost of the royals is justified by their contribution to the country 🙄

• Haha
Thank you everyone! I did my initial application in December, did a test start of January, interview must've been end of Feb, got my initial rejection three weeks ago and this week I got accepted!

Huge congratulations and hope it’s a really positive move for you.

Is the NICS really hard to get into these days?

Not sure if it’s Provence wide but Recruitment NI has a constant ad on FB for the civil service, my sons friend got a job as work coach a couple of weeks ago, think they’ve got different roles throughout the CS available.

Attachments

Thank you!

Not sure if it’s Provence wide but Recruitment NI has a constant ad on FB for the civil service, my sons friend got a job as work coach a couple of weeks ago, think they’ve got different roles throughout the CS available.
Aye, I've been temping through TRC across different departments and teams within departments for the last lot of years (from finance to law to communities, all over really). The finance job I dealt with a lot of people's payslips and for the same cost as fees for three temps, you could've hired five permanent employees across the different levels. So much money is being wasted through agencies (they don't even stick to just one!). Someone in my current role has been there temping for going on four years now. Used to be you could become permanent after about a year, but no longer seems to be the way.

Thank you!

Aye, I've been temping through TRC across different departments and teams within departments for the last lot of years (from finance to law to communities, all over really). The finance job I dealt with a lot of people's payslips and for the same cost as fees for three temps, you could've hired five permanent employees across the different levels. So much money is being wasted through agencies (they don't even stick to just one!). Someone in my current role has been there temping for going on four years now. Used to be you could become permanent after about a year, but no longer seems to be the way.
Yeah , they’re having to factor in the cost of the agency instead of paying workers a decent wage and cutting out the middlemen .

NICS do actually appear to have some jobs available. As I told you I hate my job at the minute so I will probs apply to some.