Northern Ireland #23

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is all this about? Can he sort out the problem with druggies leaving needles everywhere so it is unsafe to use a public toilet?

Has anyone noticed the massive reduction in sizes from a takeaway but massive price increase as well? Got a Chinese tonight and the kung po chicken basically tasted like water. We got something a couple of weeks ago when we came back from holiday from a kebab place and it was basically kids portions. I appreciate these places want to make money but I will be crossing them off my list of places to order from. I’m going to have to start just cooking instead of the odd take away which is probs better for the bank balance and the belly but what are these owners playing at. They will have no customers left.

Reactions: 3
Takeaway is now a huge treat for us. We don’t get it often but when we do we are usually disappointed with some aspect of it! And realise we both can cook far better ourselves!

The main thing is getting organised and having ingredients in the house. We now try to cook things that can be reinvented as a next day dinner to cut costs and the hassle of cooking!

Like a Thai Chicken Curry will have with rice and then throw dry noodles into the leftovers whilst it’s still warm to soak up the sauce and cook in the residual heat then that’s a Pad Thai style dish the next day with few peanuts threw on top … feels like takeaway 😜

Reactions: 4
Takeaway is now a huge treat for us. We don’t get it often but when we do we are usually disappointed with some aspect of it! And realise we both can cook far better ourselves!

The main thing is getting organised and having ingredients in the house. We now try to cook things that can be reinvented as a next day dinner to cut costs and the hassle of cooking!

Like a Thai Chicken Curry will have with rice and then throw dry noodles into the leftovers whilst it’s still warm to soak up the sauce and cook in the residual heat then that’s a Pad Thai style dish the next day with few peanuts threw on top … feels like takeaway 😜
Yeah I totally agree. I was thinking this was a nice treat but severely underwhelmed. Bit of motivation to make the extra effort to cook because I can actually cook! I just couldn’t believe the brass neck of it. When they go out of business it won’t be due to the cost of living it will be due to taking the piss out of people.

Reactions: 2
Yeah the price of food shopping has got wild too if you want nutritious raw ingredients to cook yourself from scratch.
I normally use chicken thigh to make my curry but last week it was £2 cheaper to buy the same weight in breasts!

When I got them home I realised they were good lean fillets so airfried one plain to use for lunches instead of buying ham and used the other 3 in a pot of curry that did two days,

Yeah the price of food shopping has got wild too if you want nutritious raw ingredients to cook yourself from scratch.
I normally use chicken thigh to make my curry but last week it was £2 cheaper to buy the same weight in breasts!

When I got them home I realised they were good lean fillets so airfried one plain to use for lunches instead of buying ham and used the other 3 in a pot of curry that did two days,
Actually finding M&S cheaper for some staples like bread and milk and eggs these days and it used to be the ‘fancy’ shop,

Actually finding M&S cheaper for some staples like bread and milk and eggs these days and it used to be the ‘fancy’ shop,
Definitely agree, even things like tins of soup, beans and jars of seasoning are as cheap if not cheaper at times than the main supermarkets.
I've found going to the butcher's in town as cheap and better quality of meat than getting it in the supermarkets

Definitely agree, even things like tins of soup, beans and jars of seasoning are as cheap if not cheaper at times than the main supermarkets.
I've found going to the butcher's in town as cheap and better quality of meat than getting it in the supermarkets
I’ve been doing lots more veggie meals these days, not through any ethical things but because meat is expensive and I am trying to be healthier so when I do have meat I want a nice good quality steak from a butcher. I’m so fucked off about my Chinese tonight though 😂

where are breasts cheaper than thighs?! I tend to buy thighs due to being cheap but my husband hates them!
---
Yes 100%! M&S are def cheapest for loads! But hard not get sucked in to the other lovely things 😫

where are breasts cheaper than thighs?! I tend to buy thighs due to being cheap but my husband hates them!
---

Yes 100%! M&S are def cheapest for loads! But hard not get sucked in to the other lovely things 😫
Aye, you go in for the cheap milk and bread and come out with fancy cheese and 500 bags of Percy pigs.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
---

It actually was in M&S @martha82 - a pack of thighs was 5.50 and the big pack of 4 chicken breast was 9 quid

I can shop well in M&S planning meals etc but I’m the demon for lifting extra stuff or precut veg/salad/ accompaniments:fancy breads or buns 😜

The bags of salad leaves looked wick the other day though so I put my fugal hat on and bought a twin pack of little gem instead - and it was delicious so that’s the only lettuce that will be coming in the door for the foreseeable.

duck sake. Don't know if anyone is watching the leadership debate on sky but the interviewer just asked rishi what can he say to make people like him and he replied to say he likes twixes and haribo. WTF. I mean I think twines are an underrated bar but WTF.

• Haha
What’s it on and what’s it about?
It’s on Paramount, it’s about two sisters that were taken from their mum when they were young because of their mum’s mental disorder, she stopped sleeping just before her 40th birthday and went insane, same thing is happening to one of the daughters and she’s terrified it’s the same condition as her mum, her mum told her she had the “ bad blood “ …

Reactions: 1
It’s on Paramount, it’s about two sisters that were taken from their mum when they were young because of their mum’s mental disorder, she stopped sleeping just before her 40th birthday and went insane, same thing is happening to one of the daughters and she’s terrified it’s the same condition as her mum, her mum told her she had the “ bad blood “ …
I’ll maybe give it a go tomorrow. Too late to start into any of that tonight. (I say this now but in 4 hours I’ll probs be knee deep)

I’ll maybe give it a go tomorrow. Too late to start into any of that tonight. (I say this now but in 4 hours I’ll probs be knee deep)
Once you start you won’t stop watching, episode 5 is out tomorrow and the finale next week, for anyone that doesn’t have Paramount but has Prime they’re offering a 7 day free trial you can cancel straight after you sign up, you’ll get the full series if you sign up tomorrow.