Northern Ireland #23

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I certainly wouldn’t be able to hold it together. Horrendous
Yeah and his wife is still in hospital seemingly. He looked broken at the end there. Hopefully she pulls through. I get that everyone deserves a fair trial but I wonder what is going through the defence attorney’s mind. I would rather clean bums in a care home than defend that,
---
Jim Ali’s on the wall, Jim alli’s on the walll.
I’m sorry I couldn’t resist after the Farage DUP shitshow earlier. Jim must be bleeping fuming 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
People make you, people break you!

---
I’m sure they’ll be some quack only too happy to assist if the prices right 🙄

---
He’s definitely got a point, non citizens shouldn’t have a vote or be able to stand in elections, it’s a ridiculous policy for any country to implement .

---
Least we know his wife is tied to the kitchen sink churning out Irish babies to preserve our heritage 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha

Gerry holding the holy grail of crisps 😂
I’m fully on team allister about the crisps, and I don’t even choose smokey bacon but would happily eat a few. Surely you would be having to munch several packs a day for there to be an actual chance of it causing cancer?

Reactions: 1
His wealth should be distributed between his victims whilst he rots in prison.
I could be wrong but I think after his first spell in prison didn’t he duck off to Cambodia? And it is so obvious why. He should have never been allowed in.

• Sick
Colum’s promised to sort out NI once himself and their “sister party “ take office…
I didn't follow that much but did the bedroom tax happen in NI?

I find it strange that NIHE only take account of the claimants money and not look at non-dependants in the house, I know a few still living at home earning high tax bracket money but as their folks are on benefits the rent is covered by NIHE, these are NIHE house stock too. Another case where I'm living and heard need 200+ points (my friend had 140 and had to move away) a man that lived alone died and the adult daughter moved in jumping the queue, NIHE house stock again, both situations is where the parents/previous person been in the house since the 80's, some odd rule from back then?

decided to search - if they are the bottom one taking 1000's home a month, NIHE seek £9.90 a week? that's still pitiful but they one I know all the deeds off def have not let nihe know
1718104744302.png

Last edited:

I find it strange that NIHE only take account of the claimants money and not look at non-dependants in the house, I know a few still living at home earning high tax bracket money but as their folks are on benefits the rent is covered by NIHE, these are NIHE house stock too. Another case where I'm living and heard need 200+ points (my friend had 140 and had to move away) a man that lived alone died and the adult daughter moved in jumping the queue, NIHE house stock again, both situations is where the parents/previous person been in the house since the 80's, some odd rule from back then?

decided to search - if they are the bottom one taking 1000's home a month, NIHE seek £9.90 a week? that's still pitiful but they one I know all the deeds off def have not let nihe know
View attachment 2987669
No bedroom tax here as far as I know? I thought that only happened if the adult daughter was down as being resident at the address? I saw a few cases reported ( one recently) where the son gave up his flat to move in with his father as a caregiver but because he wasn’t added to the tenancy they were evicting him after the father died sudden.

View attachment 2987669
The bedroom tax was done in such a cackhanded way. Of course a single person doesn’t need a 3 bed house etc. but I saw a thing in the news the other day in London and apparently they have thousands of potential social housing sitting empty yet have thousands in the queue so it’s a vicious circle.
---
This was inevitable. Lots of people saying the milkshake thing was fine because it was someone they disagreed with. Now people are throwing objects. This election could get very nasty.

Last edited:
I suppose we are more patriotic in the north!

---
The bedroom tax was done in such a cackhanded way. Of course a single person doesn’t need a 3 bed house etc. but I saw a thing in the news the other day in London and apparently they have thousands of potential social housing sitting empty yet have thousands in the queue so it’s a vicious circle.
---
This was inevitable. Lots of people saying the milkshake thing was fine because it was someone they disagreed with. Now people are throwing objects. This election could get very nasty.
The UK’s changing ,saw they cut down a pride flag .

Social housing was meant to help provide secure tenure of accommodation at an affordable rent.

Back in the day the majority of people paid their own rent (all be it below private rental costs) and maintained their homes to a reasonable standard.

Then we had the decades of ‘benefit culture’ ‘inherited Tenacy’ and bought properties.
Questions should have been asked as to how someone who never paid a days rent in their life was now able to purchase that property.

My sister went out with a gobshite years ago with multiple properties whilst working a job with a low wage.

Reason why was because he knew lots of people. He would have stepped in when anyone was say moving in with a partner into another state paid for NIHE property and got them to buy the one they were leaving with a wee back hand cash boost. People thought they were elected getting £1000 not seeing the bigger picture that your man now had a property for 7 or 8 grand he was putting on the private rental market. He owned dozens about Omagh & Fermanagh as a result.

Purchased property has now been sold on so much that it’s ridiculous prices even for a first time buyer. Most owned by people who know they will get the rent paid by DHSS tenants!

I suppose we are more patriotic in the north!

---

The UK’s changing ,saw they cut down a pride flag .
Can I just ask how to pronounce her name Toirealach? Is it “tearla” ?
I’ve never seen it before.
That’s a sad article but I think the problem is that 18 year olds both both north and south have no idea of the troubles, even my experience was different than my older siblings and then even more so for my parents.

Reactions: 3
No bedroom tax here as far as I know? I thought that only happened if the adult daughter was down as being resident at the address? I saw a few cases reported ( one recently) where the son gave up his flat to move in with his father as a caregiver but because he wasn’t added to the tenancy they were evicting him after the father died sudden.
See, that I feel sorry cause the guys mind was for the parent and not paperwork. for the first one the house was a squalor according to the neighbour and rarely saw the daughter (very much a curtain twitcher lol) but maybe had got her name on the tenancy as the paltry amount to be paid was like an insurance. but the second one the folks are doing everything for the nearing middle aged child - and go on about how other adult kids are in successful jobs while living at home - certain on one is not declared as they seem to chat and complain about having to pay cause of their SP and gossip about the neighbours benefits and tit though they can be bare faced liars - they also know a few in HE so that probably will help that kid after their death - NIHE was created to be fair yet many are committing outright fraud while so many others suffer.

I'm ranting