Northern Ireland #23

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s facing 7 extra charges now 🤢

Are they just remembering other stuff or what? These historical ones must be very hard to prove. Praying I don’t get the dreaded jury duty letter!
---
Lawless Dublin
I know my Irish isn’t up to scratch but not familiar with those names 😉

Speaking of Irish though I might actually sign up for one of those classes Linda does as it is close to me and would be something a bit different and I feel like learning something.

Reactions: 2
Are they just remembering other stuff or what? These historical ones must be very hard to prove. Praying I don’t get the dreaded jury duty letter!
---

Speaking of Irish though I might actually sign up for one of those classes Linda does as it is close to me and would be something a bit different and I feel like learning something.
Romanians they were. Living in the inner city flats. One moved here 5 years ago to be with family although they have been detained and the judge said “they have no real ties” to Ireland so hopefully get deported.

Reactions: 3
Sleep well tonight Jeffrey.

---
---

Nah I very much doubt the *alleged* victims forgot about any incident where they were sexually abused. Probably more to do with the police gathering enough evidence to persue the extra charges which they must feel they have now.

Reactions: 4
Romanians they were. Living in the inner city flats. One moved here 5 years ago to be with family although they have been detained and the judge said “they have no real ties” to Ireland so hopefully get deported.
I have a feeling that getting deported is a thing of the past! Should just send everyone to larne or strabane and they will be begging to leave ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have a feeling that getting deported is a thing of the past! Should just send everyone to larne or strabane and they will be begging to leave ;)
I’ve not been to Larne, I always manage to pick the fucker when I play discovering Ireland though 😂

is Strabane that bad? It’s close to Donegal AND they sell special mince.

• Heart
I’ve not been to Larne, I always manage to pick the fucker when I play discovering Ireland though 😂

is Strabane that bad? It’s close to Donegal AND they sell special mince.
To be fair I just picked what are supposed to be the ‘worst’ towns so did a cross community one. Larne isn’t the most attractive place but I went to a women’s NI match there and it was great. The club has a real community feel and the Curran court hotel does a good feed.
Don’t think I have been to strabane for about 30 years so can’t comment but I’m sure it is probably a lot better than stupid headlines.

Reactions: 1
To be fair I just picked what are supposed to be the ‘worst’ towns so did a cross community one. Larne isn’t the most attractive place but I went to a women’s NI match there and it was great. The club has a real community feel and the Curran court hotel does a good feed.
Don’t think I have been to strabane for about 30 years so can’t comment but I’m sure it is probably a lot better than stupid headlines.
It’s definitely not the best town you could live but I’ve always liked it any time I’ve been and found it more welcoming than other towns but I guess that’s for obvious reasons.

Fermanagh is my favourite place, i like Eniskillen, but that’s where I got engaged so it’s probably due to the fond memories.

• Heart
Re the Donaldsons case, can anyone legal explain to me, is it not necessarily going to trial then? So they go to court tomorrow and it gets thrown out? Because not enough evidence or for what reason could that happen?
Well, in my limited understanding, it’s looks like since they were initially charged and appeared on the first charge sheet, police have gathered and reviewed evidence, as have the PPS and these new charges have to be read to the accused.

It’s not a case that the victims have remembered more, it’s that the police have conducted more investigation, recommended more charges and PPS have reviewed all.

If they plead guilty (which they haven’t at this stage) there will be no need for a trial, just summarising by judge, pre sentence reports and sentencing. If they continue with their not guilty pleas (most likely) a trial will be arranged. However there will be a way to go before it gets to that stage as their defence will have to prepare. So it will probably be mentioned in court a few times before it actually gets to trial stage.

The case COULD get thrown out. Thats a possibility in every case but only if the PPS withdraw the charges or the judge dismisses the case when all evidence is heard.

Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: 3
It’s definitely not the best town you could live but I’ve always liked it any time I’ve been and found it more welcoming than other towns but I guess that’s for obvious reasons.

Fermanagh is my favourite place, i like Eniskillen, but that’s where I got engaged so it’s probably due to the fond memories.
We went for a night away somewhere more ‘republican’ on st Patrick’s day and and there is definitely that feeling of ‘can they tell’ which is mental that we should even have to think like this. I know there was nothing to be concerned about at all but I do think when you go outside of your ‘own’ community things do feel weird.
so I’m going to sign up for the Irish class btw. It’s only £90 for the entire year which is a bleeping bargain.

Last edited:
We went for a night away somewhere more ‘republican’ on st Patrick’s day and and there is definitely that feeling of ‘can they tell’ which is mental that we should even have to think like this. I know there was nothing to be concerned about at all but I do think when you go outside of your ‘own’ community things do feel weird.
so I’m going to sign up for the Irish class btw. It’s only £90 for the entire year which is a bleeping bargain.
Good luck with the class, or ádh mór 😜☘!

I was going to join one here in London as my Irish is terrible but they learn different Irish than my husband speaks so seems pointless!

This is bleeping hilarious

---
Good luck with the class, or ádh mór 😜☘!

I was going to join one here in London as my Irish is terrible but they learn different Irish than my husband speaks so seems pointless!
I’ll reply to you once I know what you said! 😀
All jokes aside I do want to learn something new. I regret not fully putting into the French in school and although duo lingo is ok for the reading side of things i learn better in an active classroom environment and want to try something new.

This is bleeping hilarious

---

I’ll reply to you once I know what you said! 😀
All jokes aside I do want to learn something new. I regret not fully putting into the French in school and although duo lingo is ok for the reading side of things i learn better in an active classroom environment and want to try something new.
What about Alster Scats ??
---
Mr Chang was beside himself 😂
---
Sometimes you actually can tell,there’s a rosy glow on certain people.
---

---
Forgot about Arlene!

Attachments

Last edited:
What about Alster Scats ??
---
Mr Chang was beside himself 😂
---

Sometimes you actually can tell,there’s a rosy glow on certain people.
---

---
Forgot about Arlene!
I love the fact that there is an actual diving school in muff. But now they have alcohol? Can we get that bleeping train line built please? Or can someone tell me how to get there?
---
As for Ulster Scots. I’m not convinced, however having spent quite a bit of time in Glasgow Scottish English is quite a thing. I love it. My favourite Scottish thing is where they say “stay” instead of live.

• Haha