Northern Ireland #23

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don’t see how her childcare costs are higher than her salary. Childcare is expensive but unless she has hired a 24/7 live in nanny this has to be nonsense

Totally. An MLA salary is £52k. That's well over £3k per month take home. Even with two preschoolers in full time daycare, looking at a few Belfast nurseries it's about £2k but there's the tax free childcare scheme so the government gives 20% uplift essentially so would work out a few hundred pounds cheaper.

A childminder would be cheaper again.

Totally. An MLA salary is £52k. That's well over £3k per month take home. Even with two preschoolers in full time daycare, looking at a few Belfast nurseries it's about £2k but there's the tax free childcare scheme so the government gives 20% uplift essentially so would work out a few hundred pounds cheaper.

A childminder would be cheaper again.
Yeah. The thing is by saying that is that people will just dismiss the actual real childcare costs people face. And given that MLAs and MPS don’t get any sanctions for not showing up when they can’t be arsed there isn’t any issue. It’s tone deaf. But then someone working in retail or McDonald’s or working as a cleaner is unlikely to vote alliance anyway.
---
Getting as bad as the mainland
Ffs wtf is going on with all these stabbings, I was away over the weekend but saw there were two women stabbed on Bournemouth beach as well which I thought was a nice ‘safe’ area. Starting to think national service isn’t the worst idea 😬

Reactions: 1
Yeah. The thing is by saying that is that people will just dismiss the actual real childcare costs people face. And given that MLAs and MPS don’t get any sanctions for not showing up when they can’t be arsed there isn’t any issue. It’s tone deaf. But then someone working in retail or McDonald’s or working as a cleaner is unlikely to vote alliance anyway.
---

Ffs wtf is going on with all these stabbings, I was away over the weekend but saw there were two women stabbed on Bournemouth beach as well which I thought was a nice ‘safe’ area. Starting to think national service isn’t the worst idea 😬
Yeah those poor women , apparently it’s a sexual assault hotspot now, extra patrols day and night.

• Wow
Yeah those poor women , apparently it’s a sexual assault hotspot now, extra patrols day and night.
duck sake that is awful. As I thought south of England was quite posh and ‘safe’
I had a bit of a mental health wobble a couple of months back due to some work issues and I genuinely didn’t like leaving the house without Mr Grifty, not to di with any assault fears, just I was feeling like tit, mainly the work stuff and I wasn’t great- loved being able to sound off here with people I don’t know about random stuff. I’m much better now but I can’t imagine how bad it must feel for a woman to think she is safe in a beach in the uk to have this tit. Surely they must have lifeguards? I’ve never heard of broad daylight assaults on women on beaches before.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
duck sake that is awful. As I thought south of England was quite posh and ‘safe’
I had a bit of a mental health wobble a couple of months back due to some work issues and I genuinely didn’t like leaving the house without Mr Grifty, not to di with any assault fears, just I was feeling like tit, mainly the work stuff and I wasn’t great- loved being able to sound off here with people I don’t know about random stuff. I’m much better now but I can’t imagine how bad it must feel for a woman to think she is safe in a beach in the uk to have this tit. Surely they must have lifeguards? I’ve never heard of broad daylight assaults on women on beaches before.
Yeah there’s been kids assaulted, even raped in the sea and young girls followed into the toilets near the pier, scary stuff…I see they’ve released the CCTV of the attacker apparently a 17 yr old from Lancashire is in custody.

Yeah there’s been kids assaulted, even raped in the sea and young girls followed into the toilets near the pier, scary stuff…I see they’ve released the CCTV of the attacker apparently a 17 yr old from Lancashire is in custody.
Lancashire is up north. Seems strange. May there is more to it.

Ugh. I'm EB. Normally an Alliance voter but with Naomi Long, I'm so angry at her about women's rights and her support of the transgender lobby at the expense of actual women. I would still vote Alliance depending on the candidate but unfortunately I can't currently vote for her. Also have said I will never and can never vote DUP as they're abhorrent. I think Gavin is reasonable enough but what he stands for in the DUP isn't something I could vote for so he also won't be getting my vote. I might spoil it. I'm hoping for an Alliance knock at the door in the meantime.

Reactions: 5
Ugh. I'm EB. Normally an Alliance voter but with Naomi Long, I'm so angry at her about women's rights and her support of the transgender lobby at the expense of actual women. I would still vote Alliance depending on the candidate but unfortunately I can't currently vote for her. Also have said I will never and can never vote DUP as they're abhorrent. I think Gavin is reasonable enough but what he stands for in the DUP isn't something I could vote for so he also won't be getting my vote. I might spoil it. I'm hoping for an Alliance knock at the door in the meantime.
Yeah I think both Alliance and SDLP have swung too far left for people’s liking …Shinners abandoned their core policies it’s going to be a cliff hanger for sure .

• Sad
Yeah I think both Alliance and SDLP have swung too far left for people’s liking …Shinners abandoned their core policies it’s going to be a cliff hanger for sure .
This is hilarious.he is terrified of this question.

Reactions: 2
That’s hilarious. I reckon someone did this as a pisstake surely.
---
What’s the deal with Macron and his wife. They met when he was 15 and she was 40. That’s a bizarre one,

Last edited:
That’s hilarious. I reckon someone did this as a pisstake surely.
---
What’s the deal with Macron and his wife. They met when he was 15 and she was 40. That’s a bizarre one,
She was his teacher.

• Wow
That teacher got done for this in England a few week back and was a far smaller age gap
The French are very liberal maybe back then it didn’t raise an eyebrow? I think his parents were under the impression it was her daughter he was seeing.
---
We don’t get to vote in Westminster , people in those areas probably hold an Irish passport anyway.

---
Was thinking he’d want to return home.

The French are very liberal maybe back then it didn’t raise an eyebrow? I think his parents were under the impression it was her daughter he was seeing.
---
We don’t get to vote in Westminster , people in those areas probably hold an Irish passport anyway.
I’ve read a few threads from people in other countries about national service. It doesn’t seem like the worst idea ever. Being ‘forced’ to volunteer for one day a month isn’t terrible and could be good for some kids. And those that get brought into the army wouldn’t be stuck on the front lines. I just think it is a mental policy to suddenly introduce out of no where during an election campaign, and no doubt if it did get introduced it would be a tit show.
Just glad the smoking ban thing got binned so I can have my sneaky vapes for another year at least!
---
This doesn’t sound good. I hope she is ok

Last edited:
I’ve read a few threads from people in other countries about national service. It doesn’t seem like the worst idea ever. Being ‘forced’ to volunteer for one day a month isn’t terrible and could be good for some kids. And those that get brought into the army wouldn’t be stuck on the front lines. I just think it is a mental policy to suddenly introduce out of no where during an election campaign, and no doubt if it did get introduced it would be a tit show.
Just glad the smoking ban thing got binned so I can have my sneaky vapes for another year at least!
---
This doesn’t sound good. I hope she is ok

Somebody’s got to fight Putin, watch the scramble for Irish passports now 😂…The links gone what was it?
---
Unbelievable!