Northern Ireland #22 The Good Friday Arraignment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sure our Deputy First Minister is unelected and our political institutions have plenty of co-opted MLAs who nobody actually voted for. It doesn’t look like they’re using any sort of fair system but I couldn’t care less who the mayor is tbh 🤣
---

True progress/acceptance would be fairly electing them without the need to point out that they’re the “first black” or “first gay” mayor but this is Norn Iron 😂
Doesn’t read like they’re selecting her on ability!
The foundations of the SDLP was giving the people of Derry a democratic vote, John Hume was about civil rights and fair selection…Remember they were denied and oppressed for yrs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Doesn’t read like they’re selecting her on ability!
I’ve no idea how qualified or capable she is, like I said it absolutely should be done fairly and I don’t agree with someone being given a role for performative reasons but it’s a laugh that people have their knickers in a twist about the role of mayor when the woman who holds the highest office in NI is co-opted, unelected and didn’t get enough votes to retain her seat. Co-opted by an alleged p**dophile I might add, not that that’s her fault but she’s only there on a technicality.
How many MLAs employ their own family members? Are we expected to believe they go through a fair recruitment process? 🤔 I’ve no interest in arguing about it because I don’t care either way, it’s not a legislative role. The greatest power she’ll hold is having a casting vote in the event of a 50/50 split on local council matters which is pretty small fry in comparison to unelected MLAs.

I’ve no idea how qualified or capable she is, like I said it absolutely should be done fairly and I don’t agree with someone being given a role for performative reasons but it’s a laugh that people have their knickers in a twist about the role of mayor when the woman who holds the highest office in NI is co-opted, unelected and didn’t get enough votes to retain her seat. Co-opted by an alleged p**dophile I might add, not that that’s her fault but she’s only there on a technicality.
How many MLAs employ their own family members? Are we expected to believe they go through a fair recruitment process? 🤔 I’ve no interest in arguing about it because I don’t care either way, it’s not a legislative role. The greatest power she’ll hold is having a casting vote in the event of a 50/50 split on local council matters which is pretty small fry in comparison to unelected MLAs.
By her own admission she was chosen because of “ challenging times “ she doesn’t do anything for people from what I’ve seen, apparently not even the minorities she’s supposed to represent ?? It seems she’s only looking to establish a political career for herself going by those that know her…Nora skipping the democratic process is exactly why unionists have remained in power for the past century.

Attachments

By her own admission she was chosen because of “ challenging times “ she doesn’t do anything for people from what I’ve seen, apparently not even the minorities she’s supposed to represent ?? It seems she’s only looking to establish a political career for herself going by those that know her…Nora skipping the democratic process is exactly why unionists have remained in power for the past century.
I’ve already said I don’t agree with someone being handed a role for optics or any other invalid reason but people are acting like this doesn’t happen every day. No noise about how ELP’s husband got his job 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe he gave a good interview 😂

Reactions: 2
I’ve already said I don’t agree with someone being handed a role for optics or any other invalid reason but people are acting like this doesn’t happen every day. No noise about how ELP’s husband got his job 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe he gave a good interview 😂
How was their process carried out? Was it changed to suit ? Or carried out in the usual way?…It hasn’t happened in Derry since the rules were drafted up to give everyone a fair vote.

I agree with you about ELP, they should have really picked someone who was an MLA. To be fair though her and Michelle seem to work well. What’s her husband’s job?

I agree with you about ELP, they should have really picked someone who was an MLA. To be fair though her and Michelle seem to work well. What’s her husband’s job?
How many women DUP MLA’s are there?

He’s the Permanent Secretary at the Department of Justice 😂 He was appointed last month. I’m quite sure due process and fair recruitment procedure was followed.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4

Apparently a 15 yr old attacker.
---
Will we be getting Jamie’s dream hard border 🤔

Last edited:
  • Wow
He’s the Permanent Secretary at the Department of Justice 😂 He was appointed last month. I’m quite sure due process and fair recruitment procedure was followed.
Not quite Nora, he's been seconded to be chief executive of the EA. He's been a civil servant for decades as far as I know. I think that's how they met, when she was a Special Advisor. It's his second marriage if you get my drift.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Just saw this…. And apparently there has been a stabbing in London too. Brutal stuff.

---
There’s a lot of calling people terrorists

Last edited:
Not quite Nora, he's been seconded to be chief executive of the EA. He's been a civil servant for decades as far as I know. I think that's how they met, when she was a Special Advisor. It's his second marriage if you get my drift.
So I heard 🤭🤣

• Haha
A child murdered.

---
IMG_5910.jpeg

---
The residents have now demanded tent city is removed.

---

Last edited:
The poor sods in Wicklow are in for a treat, was listening to a property owner speak about the carry on in this slum.

Asked mr Grifty to bring home a nutty krust and he came home with one of the mini ones. WTF is this shite. Are they catering for bleeping mice. Trying to be zen and not get annoyed that he thinks it is acceptable.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
They’ll need to up security around health settings that two attacks within a couple of days, someone broke into a hospital and attacked a woman with scissors, they never found him, now this!…Reads like a sexual assault 🤬

Maybe this guy??
---

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.