Northern Ireland #22 The Good Friday Arraignment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What caused it to be reopened? I’m just curious as there is obviously that other live case where we thought the PSNI were dropping the ball for a few weeks but basically they appear to have hopefully played a blinder.
I’m not disagreeing with you btw as you have followed the case but could it have been that they didn’t want to arrest too early without something concrete?
Katie’s family questioned everything and pushed for Police to reopen the case. The murder was closed by police as suicide in August 2020. It wasn’t reopened for investigation until January 2021 after repeated calls from the family. Police didn’t want to do any investigation to begin with and accepted a murderers version of events despite medical professionals querying injuries to Katie. The police will have to explain all of this in time and hopefully will be held to account.

Edited to add, how the public know it wasn’t reopened until end of January 2021 is because one of the media outlets made a FOI request. It was reported in the media over the weekend. So police were not treating the case as anything other than suicide for almost 5 months after Katie died.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Katie’s family questioned everything and pushed for Police to reopen the case. The murder was closed by police as suicide in August 2020. It wasn’t reopened for investigation until January 2021 after repeated calls from the family. Police didn’t want to do any investigation to begin with and accepted a murderers version of events despite medical professionals querying injuries to Katie. The police will have to explain all of this in time and hopefully will be held to account.

Edited to add, how the public know it wasn’t reopened until end of January 2021 is because one of the media outlets made a FOI request. It was reported in the media over the weekend. So police were not treating the case as anything other than suicide for almost 5 months after Katie died.
Is there a background to it as when I google it just brings up the recent story about his death.

Is there a background to it as when I google it just brings up the recent story about his death.
He was first arrested in March 2021 and first appeared in court not long after that I believe so any articles from then on should give a background. Although the Sunday World article I read yesterday provided a lot of background and horrific detail.

Katie Simpson: 'Serious' questions for PSNI over investigation https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68908387

Jonathan James Cresswell charged with murdering partner's sister https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56306305

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

I thought his ex approached police when she read the choking claims? Was that just rumours?
---
I noticed watery mouth Mark Durkan hasn’t posted anything , he’s usually the first to offer congratulations.

I thought his ex approached police when she read the choking claims? Was that just rumours?
I’m not sure Abigail had much to do with it but she has publicly spoken of what a piece of tit he was since his conviction of assaulting her so it may be true.

My understanding is that family and friends of Katie were constantly questioning and pushing for police to investigate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Again, no surprise!

---

I’m beginning to think he’s caught your eye @Grifty Mc 😂
He keeps coming up on my FYP and I’m fascinated to see how his election campaign goes. Also want to see the witnesses come forward for the brutal assault which looks more like John cena.

just saw this. Its really sad.

---
Jeez remember the judge accused of sexual assault look how he’s appearing at his trial 😉
duck I remember when this appeared last year sometime, wondering how it had taken place but it allegedly looks like full on grooming.
---
This is good and hopefully they are safe

Last edited:
Mark must’ve got the go ahead to congratulate 😉
Imagine working all your life for the local people and then someone just comes in and presumably gets a free pass. As that’s what this sounds like. I’m unclear about the mayoral election rules but for ones to be resigning when the sdlp aren’t known for being racist it seems strange.

Reactions: 3
Imagine working all your life for the local people and then someone just comes in and presumably gets a free pass. As that’s what this sounds like. I’m unclear about the mayoral election rules but for ones to be resigning when the sdlp aren’t known for being racist it seems strange.
300 SDLP members were denied a vote for the mayoral candidate, it was changed to an interview process that the two other candidates were only made aware of during the interview, even the election committee weren’t informed they changed the selection process…Considering she was co-opted into the council and didn’t make the vote quota it’s not surprising they’re miffed .
Just saw this in comments

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Here……

if this is true this is mental…..it looks to be a legit longstanding account…… wtf is going on,

• Wow
  • Sick
Sure our Deputy First Minister is unelected and our political institutions have plenty of co-opted MLAs who nobody actually voted for. It doesn’t look like they’re using any sort of fair system but I couldn’t care less who the mayor is tbh 🤣
---
There’s a theme here 🤔
True progress/acceptance would be fairly electing them without the need to point out that they’re the “first black” or “first gay” mayor but this is Norn Iron 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.