Northern Ireland #21 Unelected Bridesmaid’s abandoned her flock ,hopefully none want to clean her clock !

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jamie doesn't care. He's probably a sociopath.
---

Right about what? I think it's a very bad idea to try to make sectarian capital out of this, that doesn't sit well with me. A competition to decide which side has more alleged peados means both sides lose.
I'm fairly sure that was a joke, but I agree with you that there should be no sectarian or political capital made of this. Gerry Adams' brother will be the first stone thrown back and it'll never end. Women and children always lose.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm fairly sure that was a joke, but I agree with you that there should be no sectarian or political capital made of this. Gerry Adams' brother will be the first stone thrown back and it'll never end. Women and children always lose.
Mrs Fluff's post was probably intended as a joke, to be fair. Possibly I over-reacted to it. But yeah I agree with you.

Reactions: 4
saw a pic of Jeffrey at the airport at 6.30 this morning apparently, he wasn’t for hanging about anyway the scumbag.
He’s obviously going to have to come back for the court case etc, I wouldn’t fancy being him walking through the airport and all that.

Reactions: 3
Was just laughing at that, there’s no quiet getaways in NI you always run into somebody 😂

• Haha
I was thinking about them the other day. What have they been at lately?
I have no idea and I hadn't thought of them for years. It just struck me that theirs was a more innocent scandal - two words that don't make sense together, but down my way (Free State/Mexico) 30 odd years ago there was a bishop caught stealing diocesan funds to pay for his love child in America. He'd had an affair with a grown woman and while he kept her a secret which probably broke her heart, it was an innocent scandal compared to the horrors of child abuse that the church had covered up for generations.

I can’t see him doing time here if at all.
---
I have no idea and I hadn't thought of them for years. It just struck me that theirs was a more innocent scandal - two words that don't make sense together, but down my way (Free State/Mexico) 30 odd years ago there was a bishop caught stealing diocesan funds to pay for his love child in America. He'd had an affair with a grown woman and while he kept her a secret which probably broke her heart, it was an innocent scandal compared to the horrors of child abuse that the church had covered up for generations.
The church do talk about these things unlike the OO & co that have never acknowledged any wrongdoing despite being implicated in numerous child abuse probes, it was all swept under the carpet by the state.
---
McGrath was only one, it was a cesspit of disgusting pedalos that were implicated in horrific abuse and murder of innocent children.
I’ve never seen one Unionist politician call any of it out or condemn it for that matter, they hide behind their good Christian facade.

Last edited:
  • Sad
I can’t see him doing time here if at all.
---

The church do talk about these things unlike the OO & co that have never acknowledged any wrongdoing despite being implicated in numerous child abuse probes, it was all swept under the carpet by the state.
Thr RC church talks, but does not try to make amends. Let's hope these brave women bring light to the awful darkness that goes on in all churches and states and places of power. Interesting that the OO dropped him so quickly - they better not think that lets them off the hook for future investigations!

Thr RC church talks, but does not try to make amends. Let's hope these brave women bring light to the awful darkness that goes on in all churches and states and places of power. Interesting that the OO dropped him so quickly - they better not think that lets them off the hook for future investigations!
How can they make amends? It’s been called out by the hierarchy and safe guarding measures put in place that’s about as much as can be done we can’t go back and change things…Be interesting to see if this triggers any other victims to step forward I’m sure there’s lots quaking in their boots after these revelations.

Reactions: 2
Was just laughing at that, there’s no quiet getaways in NI you always run into somebody 😂
I know Monga, anytime I’m in that airport I always see someone I know 😂 There was me thinking he was away to England in the boot of someone’s car lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How can they make amends? It’s been called out by the hierarchy and safe guarding measures put in place that’s about as much as can be done we can’t go back and change things.
Financially. The church is very rich, and the surviving victims of the Magdalen Laundries and covered-up child sex abuse have a fair case for compensation. Many of them have not been able to live normal lives because of the trauma. "Amends" wasn't the right word there - atonement would be better.

Thinking of the two women who brought this case, to go up against the most powerful men and institutions in NI, that must have taken such guts and I hope they are properly supported as the process goes on.

Reactions: 12
God be with the days of the Robinsons, when the jokes rained from Heaven!
Yeah that situation was jokable about. Tbh the current situation, much as I'm tempted to quote the obvious (the Sir Norman Fry sketches from Little Britain), it just seems inappropriate given seriousness of allegations.
---
Financially. The church is very rich, and the surviving victims of the Magdalen Laundries and covered-up child sex abuse have a fair case for compensation. Many of them have not been able to live normal lives because of the trauma. "Amends" wasn't the right word there - atonement would be better.

Thinking of the two women who brought this case, to go up against the most powerful men and institutions in NI, that must have taken such guts and I hope they are properly supported as the process goes on.
Seems that the OO are finally developing a bit of strategic commonsense sense...but you're right that it can't be allowed to let them off the hook.

I know Monga, anytime I’m in that airport I always see someone I know 😂 There was me thinking he was away to England in the boot of someone’s car lol.
Yeah you can’t go anywhere but there’s always someone you know, running joke here 😂…Wonder what they’re both thinking now that it’s broke? 6.30am getaway ! he knew he had to get out fast…If they’re both refuting the claims it’ll mean putting the victims in the witness box with all that entails.
---

Yeah I don’t think you can ever make amends…We don’t know who the victims are ? I’m assuming they’ll probably waive their right to anonymity given his high profile position ? It would be very difficult to keep it hidden once the case gets going.

Reactions: 5
Jeffrey is always on that flight. We were on it in January and he was on it lol. To be fair if he was told he had to not have contact with the wife maybe he has had to go to his London property which I assume he has? I’m assuming that if they want them to have no contact that perhaps they suspect some sort of coercion?

regarding kincora I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Naomi and Doug call it out previously.

just saw this video- Beiber was really treated poorly

• Sick
Yeah I don’t think you can ever make amends…We don’t know who the victims are ? I’m assuming they’ll probably waive their right to anonymity given his high profile position ? It would be very difficult to keep it hidden once the case gets going.
I'm sure there was local gossip about the identity of the woman who (imo) did not get justice in the Ulster Rugby case, but I hope she was as anonymous as possible given the ordeal of the trial and the awful stuff I heard said about the whole thing, and the same for this case.

Reactions: 6
I knew the usual suspects couldn’t get to the end of the day without “what about Gerry’s brother”. Also seen posts along the lines of “hateful fish wife Sorcha Eastwood will be doing an Irish jig tonight at the thought of a by election in Lagan Valley”. What’s SE accused of exactly? I think if I was in Lagan Valley I’d rather her than Jeffrey Donaldson. They have no word on the serious allegations against the Donaldsons or the alleged victims. All about how they can deflect it on to someone else.

Reactions: 10
I'm sure there was local gossip about the identity of the woman who (imo) did not get justice in the Ulster Rugby case, but I hope she was as anonymous as possible given the ordeal of the trial and the awful stuff I heard said about the whole thing, and the same for this case.
Yeah, I was talking about this case ! I’m thinking is this the threat he claimed was hanging over him from certain loyalists? Maybe he knew it was coming out and that’s what swung it in the end.

Reactions: 2
Yeah that situation was jokable about.
Personally, I don’t find domestic abuse (the Robinsons) anything to joke about, in the same way as sexual abuse but I do think the original post was made just to lighten the mood. The situation is the stuff of nightmares, yet for the women that have spoken out, this is their lives.

Paedophilia/incest; the most abhorrent of crimes ever.

When I started my first job, a young girl we worked with used to tell us about how her father (who was separated from her mother) gave her £5 in the mornings to have sex with her. We couldn't believe it, in fact - and shame on all of us - we didn't believe it. I had never even heard of the word 'incest' or understood what it meant until I was a big lump in my late teens, and when I did, I was horrified at the very thought of it and always thought back to what this girl had told us. But Jesus, WTAF?! Her father, the very man she should've been able to look up to, for love and protection from all the evils of the world? I still remember that girl's name to this day and often wonder how she fared in life.

Anyone who's guilty of committing such a crime, I hope they rot in prison for a very long time. They've ruined the lives of their victims, they've ruined the lives of families, they deserve nothing.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.