Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Paedophilia/incest; the most abhorrent of crimes ever.

When I started my first job, a young girl we worked with used to tell us about how her father (who was separated from her mother) gave her £5 in the mornings to have sex with her. We couldn't believe it, in fact - and shame on all of us - we didn't believe it. I had never even heard of the word 'incest' or understood what it meant until I was a big lump in my late teens, and when I did, I was horrified at the very thought of it and always thought back to what this girl had told us. But Jesus, WTAF?! Her father, the very man she should've been able to look up to, for love and protection from all the evils of the world? I still remember that girl's name to this day and often wonder how she fared in life.

Anyone who's guilty of committing such a crime, I hope they rot in prison for a very long time. They've ruined the lives of their victims, they've ruined the lives of families, they deserve nothing.
Appalling. I wasn’t going to say but I lost my dear Dad very very recently 💔 Haven’t felt much like Tattling but couldn’t ignore todays news.
My Dad was the sweetest, most gentle man and the most ardent feminist I’ve ever known. He taught me to be the outspoken brat that I am, to know my worth to always stand up for myself. He would’ve died to protect us, as would my mother. If, and I stress if, these rumours are true then those poor women have been subject to the most heinous things imaginable.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Sketchy

VIP Member
Paedophilia/incest; the most abhorrent of crimes ever.

When I started my first job, a young girl we worked with used to tell us about how her father (who was separated from her mother) gave her £5 in the mornings to have sex with her. We couldn't believe it, in fact - and shame on all of us - we didn't believe it. I had never even heard of the word 'incest' or understood what it meant until I was a big lump in my late teens, and when I did, I was horrified at the very thought of it and always thought back to what this girl had told us. But Jesus, WTAF?! Her father, the very man she should've been able to look up to, for love and protection from all the evils of the world? I still remember that girl's name to this day and often wonder how she fared in life.

Anyone who's guilty of committing such a crime, I hope they rot in prison for a very long time. They've ruined the lives of their victims, they've ruined the lives of families, they deserve nothing.

• Sad
Reactions: 19

msmith2006

VIP Member
Exactly.

For all the gags doing the rounds - there are victims at the heart of this and families will be torn apart. It is very very sad and I can only hope that justice will prevail.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Wee Nora

VIP Member
so sorry to hear this Nora. I have a Daddy who sounds just like yours, and my heart would be in pieces if I lost him. Sending you lots of virtual cuddles.
Thank you everyone ❤

It’s a struggle I can’t lie. What’s worse is seeing my Mum’s grief but today’s revelations are a reminder how lucky we were to have him.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member
Jamie doesn't care. He's probably a sociopath.
---

Right about what? I think it's a very bad idea to try to make sectarian capital out of this, that doesn't sit well with me. A competition to decide which side has more alleged peados means both sides lose.
I'm fairly sure that was a joke, but I agree with you that there should be no sectarian or political capital made of this. Gerry Adams' brother will be the first stone thrown back and it'll never end. Women and children always lose.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

PurplePie

Chatty Member
The wife wore a white dress to her daughter's wedding. Any woman I've ever known who insists on wearing white to their daughter's wedding is usually a raging cunt.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

tdf

I’m not across all the political ins and outs so maybe he has a point but Bryson trying to use these horrific charges as some sort of justification to why Jeremy made the deal or was pushed into getting a deal done just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This is a horrific crime of the worst kind within a family unit, is Jamie forgetting that there are real people whose lives has been devastated by the alleged abuse? He shouldn’t be using it a political chess move, imo.
Jamie doesn't care. He's probably a sociopath.
---
What annoys me the the most is us Catholics were right all along
Right about what? I think it's a very bad idea to try to make sectarian capital out of this, that doesn't sit well with me. A competition to decide which side has more alleged peados means both sides lose.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
There’s nobody telling me the DUP didn’t know this was coming. The whole thing STINKS. The fact he’s been arrested, interviewed and charged to court to appear within 28 days AND managed to flee the country, not leaving the UK (obviously that bail condition wasn’t applied), shows pre warning. Call me cynical but there’s something so off here.

Reactions: 13

Wee Nora

VIP Member
It was a ticket only event , they said it was acting no sexual contact occurred, probably someone’s man is pissed off with the Mrs.
I know but look at the NI influencer thread, people claiming they’ve seen videos of oral sex, a woman being “passed around” and someone with jizz in their hair 😰💀 I had barely washed the ashes off me fiss and there’s dolls being beat around the head by a flacid penis.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Wee Nora

VIP Member
And like a coward he’s trotted off to London or somewhere to avoid scrutiny. One of the charges is rape of a child. Let that sink in.

• Wow
  • Sad

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member
How can they make amends? It’s been called out by the hierarchy and safe guarding measures put in place that’s about as much as can be done we can’t go back and change things.
Financially. The church is very rich, and the surviving victims of the Magdalen Laundries and covered-up child sex abuse have a fair case for compensation. Many of them have not been able to live normal lives because of the trauma. "Amends" wasn't the right word there - atonement would be better.

Thinking of the two women who brought this case, to go up against the most powerful men and institutions in NI, that must have taken such guts and I hope they are properly supported as the process goes on.

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
Did they know this was coming? Is that why ELP was chosen for DFM and not the party leader? It’s highly unusual for the PSNI to charge in historic SA cases so there’s either strong evidence or admissions.

We need to all bear in mind that the victims are guaranteed anonymity by the court, unless they waive that right. We need to be careful.

I’m horrified but not shocked, unfortunately.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

msmith2006

VIP Member
How is he able to leave the jurisdiction?
probably bargained for it citing security risk of remaining at his home.

honestly he is obviously a sick bastard - but the wife...aiding and abetting. knowing about it, turning a blind eye, whatever she did... she's just as fucking bad. how could you do that???

• Sad
Reactions: 11

Wee Nora

VIP Member
The Right Honourable Sir Jeffrey Donaldson indeed 🤢

I take no pleasure in it, if he’s proven guilty then he’s absolutely despicable. If there’s anything positive to be taken from it then it’s the bravery of the (alleged) victims and the fact that the PSNI took the allegations seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Anyone who takes their own life in that way is gravely ill but it amazes me the way social media has blown up over the death of one man and people who never had an opinion before are suddenly weighing in. 30,000 Palestinian people murdered, 17,000 orphaned children and tumbleweed but as soon as a white faced American soldier dies they go nuts.

• Heart

Wee Nora

VIP Member
I knew the usual suspects couldn’t get to the end of the day without “what about Gerry’s brother”. Also seen posts along the lines of “hateful fish wife Sorcha Eastwood will be doing an Irish jig tonight at the thought of a by election in Lagan Valley”. What’s SE accused of exactly? I think if I was in Lagan Valley I’d rather her than Jeffrey Donaldson. They have no word on the serious allegations against the Donaldsons or the alleged victims. All about how they can deflect it on to someone else.

Shimmering

VIP Member
Nooo why is the Devenish top story on Nolan :ROFLMAO:

They realise a lot worse goes on behind closed doors here right? Didn’t look like there were any complaints! The manager of the guys has just said the women stormed the stage 😅
It's not something i would go to because being brutally honest I'm pretty uptight and wouldn't be comfortable, but everyone there looked like they were having a great time so fair play to them and I'm more embarrassed about all the pearl clutching and shaming going on.

Reactions: 9