Northern Ireland #2 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where do these people come from!! The last few days the stories I’ve read has been sickening and so disturbing. The saddest was a woman in court for the murder and attempted murder of her 2 toddlers. Like what goes on??!?! 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 2
There’s one today about sex trafficking a pregnant woman drugged and repeatedly gang raped.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Looks like Boris may have bigger things to worry about than the protocol with these new partygate photos surfacing, surely he’ll have to resign this time 🙈

Reactions: 1
Not atoll , it'll be swept under the carpet like the rest of his dirty dealings , the Met have closed the case .

Yeah he’ll probably hold on but some in his own party are calling for his resignation as he misled parliament, the others at that party were fined but Boris stood up in the Commons and said he hadn’t broken any rules on that occasion. If the others broke the rules then so did he 🤦🏻‍♀️ Then you’ve got Starmer who seems confident enough to say he’ll resign if the police fine him for beergate. Lies just pour from Bojo, it’s quite astonishing.

He's been lying the whole way through his premiership I can't see him going somebody at the top wants him there .

Must watch the view 😂
AFE0EC00-1AF8-4106-80F5-04D35A94BED0.jpeg

Nothing will happen to Boris. It’s do as I say not as I do for all of the “leaders”. Most of them broke covid rules and not a thing was done about it. Look at Nicola sturgeon, Michelle O’Neill, Boris, they’re all pathological liars and it’s insulting that they implied they didn’t know the rules they created!

Does anyone really think any senior politician gives a tit about the people, all they care about is their pay packet! It’s been proven time and time again and not just through covid either. None of them will face consequences and anything that is handed their way will be an insult to every decent citizen.

And Sammy Wilson not wearing a mask on the tube and again in Heathrow 😉

In my opinion most of the covid rules were a farce anyway like mandatory masks and not being allowed to attend funerals. It’s just the principal that Boris and co were the ones making the rules, let’s face it, Stormont just waited to see what London were doing and applied the same rules here.

Robert Peston is saying that if he’s deemed to have misled Parliament (which he has) it’s extremely serious and he’ll have no option but to resign but it would be a separate investigation which would take months 🙄 he thinks he’ll be gone before the next election.

• Haha
And Sammy Wilson not wearing a mask on the tube and again in Heathrow 😉

In my opinion most of the covid rules were a farce anyway like mandatory masks and not being allowed to attend funerals. It’s just the principal that Boris and co were the ones making the rules, let’s face it, Stormont just waited to see what London were doing and applied the same rules here.

Robert Peston is saying that if he’s deemed to have misled Parliament (which he has) it’s extremely serious and he’ll have no option but to resign but it would be a separate investigation which would take months 🙄 he thinks he’ll be gone before the next election.
I didn’t mention Sammy Wilson because he isn’t the leader of any of the countries in the U.K. so it wasn’t relevant to the point I was making. Of course it was wrong of Sammy Wilson to break the rules, along with every politician who broke them across multiple parties.

I didn’t agree with funeral restrictions or masks either but I followed them as did thousands of others across the country. Not being able to go to my cousins funeral 3 weeks before watching 2000 people including the joint leader of this country attend one and without a mask was insulting to say the very least. It’s the principle of it. If it’s good enough for them it should be good enough for us.

None of them give a tit about the people they’re all in it for themselves.

Lots of illegal bingo raids over lockdown too. But god forbid anyone in power got fined for breaking their own rules.

Apparently last week Brucies in west belfast got raided for illegal bingo. Thought those days of Facebook bingo were long gone 😂

I didn’t mention Sammy Wilson because he isn’t the leader of any of the countries in the U.K. so it wasn’t relevant to the point I was making. Of course it was wrong of Sammy Wilson to break the rules, along with every politician who broke them across multiple parties.

I didn’t agree with funeral restrictions or masks either but I followed them as did thousands of others across the country. Not being able to go to my cousins funeral 3 weeks before watching 2000 people including the joint leader of this country attend one and without a mask was insulting to say the very least. It’s the principle of it. If it’s good enough for them it should be good enough for us.

None of them give a tit about the people they’re all in it for themselves.
I couldn’t care less about Sammy Wilson not wearing a mask btw, it’s his choice and I don’t think anyone should have had to wear one if they didn’t want to tbh. I’m just glad he’s keeping his clothes on 🤣

• Haha
I couldn’t care less about Sammy Wilson not wearing a mask btw, it’s his choice and I don’t think anyone should have had to wear one if they didn’t want to tbh. I’m just glad he’s keeping his clothes on 🤣
Hopefully he’s managed to get a nail brush by now 🤮

• Haha
This completely passed me by, I was obviously knee deep in zoom bingo and banana bread at that stage, first I’ve heard of it 😂
I remember it well, partly because the comments on SM were comedy gold ( as you can imagine ) 😂

• Haha
Who’s watching View from Stormont? They’re saying there’s no way the UK will risk a trade war with the EU as it will undoubtedly lead to a deep recession in the UK 🤦🏻‍♀️ Claire Hanna says the DUP are gaslighting us by saying they won’t address the cost of living until they get what they want. This place exhausts me 😭 Can anyone tell me what they think the solution to the protocol mess is? Do the EU even care at this point?

Who’s watching View from Stormont? They’re saying there’s no way the UK will risk a trade war with the EU as it will undoubtedly lead to a deep recession in the UK 🤦🏻‍♀️ Claire Hanna says the DUP are gaslighting us by saying they won’t address the cost of living until they get what they want. This place exhausts me 😭 Can anyone tell me what they think the solution to the protocol mess is? Do the EU even care at this point?
I would like to see it amended. If it comes in to force as it stands it will be detrimental to our economy for importing any food from the U.K it’ll drive our costs up even further than they already will be by Brexit. I don’t think the eu would really care if it wasn’t/isn’t implemented at this point as the grace periods have been going on forever what difference does it really make to them. I don’t think the EU should have any say so in goods coming from other parts of the U.K. to NI. What business is it of there’s, surely it should only matter to them when goods enter the south and it’s been proposed we could check goods going south.

I believe the only solution to moving forward is for it to be amended but for all the parties to agree on what those amendments are we’ll probably sit another 3 years without a government and be no further forward.

I actually think it should be amended too but how can it be done in a way that keeps everyone happy I guess is what I’m asking? What I can’t understand is why the DUP can’t deal with the protocol issue while also dealing with the cost of living? The “holiday hunger” payment needs signed off ASAP, there are plenty of disadvantaged families who voted DUP who will go without that money to feed their children over the summer, wish they’d return even temporarily to get these things over the line then go back to making their point if they really must.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.