Northern Ireland #2 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you read what I wrote? I said i assumed it’s a minority in both Celtic and rangers.

Two wrongs will never make a right, do you think that makes that video any less disturbing?! How can anyone condone that is beyond me but tbh I don’t expect anything less from you.
Just pointing out it’s a two way street, bet Jamie didn’t post those kids chanting 😏

Just pointing out it’s a two way street, bet Jamie didn’t post those kids chanting 😏
I already pointed out it was a two way street, do you think that video is acceptable because it happens in both football clubs or do you think they’re both wrong?

If your immediate reaction to seeing something like that is to try and one up its quite alarming tbh. What hope has this country got, I despair.

Reactions: 1
Again I can’t understand why they’re posting football tweets to try and lessen the blow, supporters are not on a par with what’s supposed to be a Christian organisation…clutching at straws.

I already pointed out it was a two way street, do you think that video is acceptable because it happens in both football clubs or do you think they’re both wrong?

If your immediate reaction to seeing something like that is to try and one up its quite alarming tbh. What hope has this country got, I despair.
My children don’t even own a Celtic shirt because it’s seen as sectarian, that should answer your question.

Again I can’t understand why they’re posting football tweets to try and lessen the blow, supporters are not on a par with what’s supposed to be a Christian organisation…clutching at straws.
So you refuse then to condemn it then. Thought so!

Like I said I wasn’t making that comparison and I said it wasn’t comparable. You’d have to ask the person who did make that comparison.

Reactions: 2
So you refuse then to condemn it then. Thought so!

Like I said I wasn’t making that comparison and I said it wasn’t comparable. You’d have to ask the person who did make that comparison.
Like I said they’re clutching ,trying to pull back a bit of respect for that racist anti- catholic organisation aka the OO but it’s too late the world has seen them for what they are 🤣 I’m lovin it lovin it lovin it!

Why is Bryson posting about football chants? Its obvious trying to take the some of the horrific spotlight off the OO and doesn't seem relevant at all to whats happened.

Despicable chanting at football matches is a huge issue, ranging from sectarian stuff to racism - the "monkey" chants that still happen in stadiums in Europe. Is he posting those as well?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Why is Bryson posting about football chants? Its obvious trying to take the some of the horrific spotlight off the OO and doesn't seem relevant at all to whats happened.

Despicable chanting at football matches is a huge issue, ranging from sectarian stuff to racism - the "monkey" chants that still happen in stadiums in Europe. Is he posting those as well?
He retweeted it. I don’t think he posted it himself - if he did I haven’t seen it myself.
Yes it appeared they did try and compare it to the other video as I mentioned in my post, like I said I personally don’t make that comparison.

I am outraged at the video which is why I shared it. I did say it happens at rangers and celtic clubs, that doesn’t make this video acceptable though does it? It should disturb everyone seeing a child sing a hateful song while encouraged by grown men.🤷‍♀️

I’ll leave it at that though, don’t want to be arguing about it. I didn’t expect anyone else here to condemn it anyway as it’s usually a republican echo chamber in here 95% of the time😂

He retweeted it. I don’t think he posted it himself - if he did I haven’t seen it myself.
Yes it appeared they did try and compare it to the other video as I mentioned in my post, like I said I personally don’t make that comparison.

I am outraged at the video which is why I shared it. I did say it happens at rangers and celtic clubs, that doesn’t make this video acceptable though does it? It should disturb everyone seeing a child sing a hateful song while encouraged by grown men.🤷‍♀️

I’ll leave it at that though, don’t want to be arguing about it. I didn’t expect anyone else here to condemn it anyway as it’s usually a republican echo chamber in here 95% of the time😂
I dont wish to argue either. Tbh, how I feel personally is - if that OO sing along video hadn't been posted the other day and, rightfully, got the disgusted response it deserved, we wouldn't be discussing that video of the child Bryson retweeted, on here or twitter or anywhere.

Again you make wild assumptions that people are republicans 🤣🤣 yet you’re so inclusive and impartial 🫤

I dont wish to argue either. Tbh, how I feel personally is - if that OO sing along video hadn't been posted the other day and, rightfully, got the disgusted response it deserved, we wouldn't be discussing that video of the child Bryson retweeted, on here or twitter or anywhere.
I condemned the oo sing along video strongly I’m not making any comparisons here like I said.

We all have different standards in how we raise our children and if others find it acceptable for a child to participate in that that’s fair enough but I would condemn and share that video here regardless of why it was posted, it doesn’t change the content of the video which is what I’m condemning.

Again you make wild assumptions that people are republicans 🤣🤣 yet you’re so inclusive and impartial 🫤
Why do you keep at this it’s coming across as a personal attack to be honest you’ve said a few times now things like this about me claiming I’m inclusive and impartial and neutral?! Those words have never been said by me. I’ve openly said I’m a unionist. No my views won’t be shared by everyone but I try and see things for what they are.

I condemned the oo sing along video strongly I’m not making any comparisons here like I said.

We all have different standards in how we raise our children and if others find it acceptable for a child to participate in that that’s fair enough but I would condemn and share that video here regardless of why it was posted, it doesn’t change the content of the video which is what I’m condemning.

Why do you keep at this it’s coming across as a personal attack to be honest you’ve said a few times now things like this about me claiming I’m inclusive and impartial and neutral?! Those words have never been said by me. I’ve openly said I’m a unionist. No my views won’t be shared by everyone but I try and see things for what they are.
Did you not say you send your kids to an integrated school? As you want to see change,What goods that going to do if you still hold the age old Unionist views one being every Catholic is a republican I think we know who’s being attacked here and it’s not you.

Off topic from current discussion perhaps but was amused that Kilclooney seemed to ponder that they'd arranged a bank hol weekend in the ROI for Lizzie too!

• Haha

Off topic from current discussion perhaps but was amused that Kilclooney seemed to ponder that they'd arranged a bank hol weekend in the ROI for Lizzie too!
I see he was calling the Monkeypox that gay disease ( since deleted ) he’s a perfect example of old school unionism :rolleyes:

• Wow
Did you not say you send your kids to an integrated school? What goods that going to do if you still hold the age old Unionist views that every Catholic is a republican I think we know who’s being attacked here and it’s not you.
No I didn’t say that, I said I send them to a non denominational school where all faiths, religions and beliefs are celebrated. They can have unionist beliefs (if that’s what they choose to do, perhaps they’ll follow in their aunts footsteps who is nationalist, perhaps they won’t care about politics at all. I’ll still love them whatever views they take on) while celebrating other peoples differences. There are differences all around us it doesn’t make us bad or wrong, it makes us who we are.

You love putting words into my mouth don’t you! I didn’t say all catholics are republican though did I? I said this thread is 95% a republican echo chamber. That’s my opinion based on my feelings which are subjective if you feel it’s not then good for you.

No I didn’t say that, I said I send them to a non denominational school where all faiths, religions and beliefs are celebrated. They can have unionist beliefs (if that’s what they choose to do, perhaps they’ll follow in their aunts footsteps who is nationalist, perhaps they won’t care about politics at all. I’ll still love them whatever views they take on) while celebrating other peoples differences. There are differences all around us it doesn’t make us bad or wrong, it makes us who we are.

You love putting words into my mouth don’t you! I didn’t say all catholics are republican though did I? I said this thread is 95% a republican echo chamber. That’s my opinion based on my feelings which are subjective if you feel it’s not then good for you.
Isn’t that what integrated education is 🤔 I’d like you to elaborate on that and show us where the republicanisms are ?

PSA anyone who sends their child to a non denominational school is a holier than thou inclusive and impartial and neutral person. Not allowed to celebrate your own beliefs only the beliefs of others🙄

I’d like you to elaborate on that and show us where the republicanisms are ?
Oh I’m sure you would just love that 🙄 if you scroll through the threads you should find some yourself.

PSA anyone who sends their child to a non denominational school is a holier than thou inclusive and impartial and neutral person. Not allowed to celebrate your own beliefs only the beliefs of others🙄

Oh I’m sure you would just love that 🙄 if you scroll through the threads you should find some yourself.
I didn’t see any that’s why I’m asking .
A child learns from their upbringing not their school life, the child usually echoes the views of their parent’s and community, it’s only natural.

Last edited:
I see he was calling the Monkeypox that gay disease ( since deleted ) he’s a perfect example of old school unionism :rolleyes:
Oh he's ridiculous. I still cringe when I think of that tweet he wrote refering to Kamala Harris as "the indian"

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.