Northern Ireland #2 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, I'm still a little confused. Is Creswell in jail now or what? The story is all over the place and difficult to grasp.

So, I'm still a little confused. Is Creswell in jail now or what? The story is all over the place and difficult to grasp.
I don’t think so, the last update I read was from April this year where his solicitors have asked for an update of what’s going on. The article before that states he was bailed but the address was to be kept secret.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think so, the last update I read was from April this year where his solicitors have asked for an update of what’s going on. The article before that states he was bailed but the address was to be kept secret.
I see. Charged but allowed out. I didn't think that was normal even for here. Somebody charged with murder should be awaiting trial or whatever in jail?
Its such a mess.

I see. Charged but allowed out. I didn't think that was normal even for here. Somebody charged with murder should be awaiting trial or whatever in jail?
Its such a mess.
They should throw away the key on this boy

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Whats the last sentence of that article about a loan? A financial loan or a loan of a person?
Absolute brute.

Reactions: 2
Whats the last sentence of that article about a loan? A financial loan or a loan of a person?
Absolute brute.
Mavis the mind boggles that people like this exist, when I was told about him a couple of years ago I couldn’t believe half the stuff the person was saying ,you only have to Google this brute to see what he’s about ,and the most shocking thing is he was at it since he was youngster .

• Wow
Absolute brute.
Yeah he borrowed 15,000 off the ex and then got Katie to get a loan out of 10,000 and give it to him then asked her to guarantor another loan. Apparently then when she was in the hospital he approached the mother and asked her for a loan too.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Mavis the mind boggles that people like this exist, when I was told about him a couple of years ago I couldn’t believe half the stuff the person was saying ,you only have to Google this brute to see what he’s about ,and the most shocking thing is he was at it since he was youngster .
He was sleeping with and controlling an awful lot of women. It's like an episode of Dallas except its real life and has had the worst outcome :(

Hope he never sees the light of day again and the boys in prison show him what it’s like to fight with someone his own size. People were getting arrested for breaking covid rules and this oxygen thief is swanning around as normal?

Reactions: 3
Sunglasses on head man from the video has been named as Richard Beattie from Portadown. A driving instructor who sponsored Portadown FC.
I'm very glad to see him named as you may remember I was curious who he was.

Jamie back to doing what he does best 🙄
Why did he bother with the token condemnation yesterday morning? He couldn’t make it through the day without scrambling to put his name to that insulting statement? Also can we all just take a moment to absorb the irony of Dale Pankhurst putting the Union Flag and Ukrainian flag side by side.
In all seriousness though, Jamie is to be pitied, he can’t live a happy existence, how could he when he’s carrying that much hate around.

On a side note I’m aware through some conversations I have had with family and friends over the last day where flags were being put up and church leaders have intervened to avoid UVF etc flags being put up and Union flags instead. I know this might be a small thing and people might not want there to be any flags up (I don’t want to see it particularly) but it is a step in the right direction. At least there appears to be some local leadership showing and hopefully that continues.
Realistically do we need any flags up whether it be union/tricolour/rainbow/football or is it a nice thing to do on an occasion for a few days to celebrate something rather than to mark out territory?

Reactions: 5
On a side note I’m aware through some conversations I have had with family and friends over the last day where flags were being put up and church leaders have intervened to avoid UVF etc flags being put up and Union flags instead. I know this might be a small thing and people might not want there to be any flags up (I don’t want to see it particularly) but it is a step in the right direction. At least there appears to be some local leadership showing and hopefully that continues.
Realistically do we need any flags up whether it be union/tricolour/rainbow/football or is it a nice thing to do on an occasion for a few days to celebrate something rather than to mark out territory?
I would welcome that change. I don’t mind seeing the red, white and blue bunting for the 12th but they seem to go up months in advance and stay there for months after lol. The Paratrooper flags that are flown in Derry to goad the Bloody Sunday families are awful but I’d like to think it’s a small minority behind that. I see the UVF flags all year round and the burning of effigies on bonfires and just put it down to ignorance. I can hand on heart say I’ve never seen an IRA flag.
I personally hate the painting of kerbs for example as a permanent marker of territory. I find it very intimidating. Can safely say I’d be happy not to see any flag of any colour or affiliation again, I just don’t get the fascination 🤷🏼‍♀️

As a side note there’s a man down the road from me with life size cardboard cutouts of the royal family under a pergola in his garden, he even has cardboard corgis 🤣 he puts them out every year for the 12th but he’s getting his money’s worth this year with the jubilee 🤣 Each to their own but it’s awful looking 🤣

It is a territorial thing on both sides, quite ridiculous. But at least it tells me when to lock my car doors and not give a hoot street lamps or not, I'm putting the foot to the mat :ROFLMAO:
In the next 10/15 years are there going to be Portuguese or Lithuanian flags in areas. When in Rome.
Nora I want to see your neighbours house, one of mine had a big display for William and Kates wedding but nothing since 😢

The area I live in have dropped paramilitary flags this year too which is a welcome change. Terrorism should never be glorified and accepted in any community it just breeds hatred. Where I am they’ve used union jacks and purple ones that say queens jubilee on them instead.

I’ve definitely witnessed IRA flags driving through North Belfast so it’s not unique to unionist or Protestant areas. There are dickheads that live everywhere unfortunately, they try and terrorise their communities and it just holds everyone back. I’d like to see all community’s rid themselves of uvf/uda/ira flags. Adds nothing to anywhere just makes the place look trashy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.