Northern Ireland #2 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more I read that statement Bryson released the worse it gets. “We ask for privacy”, not much regard for Michaela’s family who were quietly getting on with their lives until today. It’s had a “significant impact on us” 🤮 My heart bleeds.
Laughable , have you noticed they're now reporting it as a drink fuelled incident instead of the hatefest it is:rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
What's it like inside a lodge? Does anyone know what they do there? I think Stacey Dooley did a doc on it once, s'pose I could hoke it out. I've seen chatter that those involved in this aren't members, so can anyone rock up? Do you bring your own booze?

What's it like inside a lodge? Does anyone know what they do there? I think Stacey Dooley did a doc on it once, s'pose I could hoke it out. I've seen chatter that those involved in this aren't members, so can anyone rock up? Do you bring your own booze?
Never been in one, don’t suppose I’d be welcome lol. The one local to me is very small but maybe some of the bigger ones have bars?

RTE News provided some light relief this evening, they were interviewing passengers going through Dublin airport about the new queuing system and interviewed a girl who was clearly on a hen do and clutching a blow up doll 😂

Reactions: 2
Never been in one, don’t suppose I’d be welcome lol. The one local to me is very small but maybe some of the bigger ones have bars?
Same, they look tiny. I just want to know now.
Didn't they find a skull fragment in one. What on earth is happening 😳

Same, they look tiny. I just want to know now.
Didn't they find a skull fragment in one. What on earth is happening 😳
I always imagine it to be like the free masons , but with female admittance lol.

Its sickening NI has to put up with their hate filled group in the name of "culture" (by group in case there is misinterpretation I obviously mean the Orange Order)

Its sickening NI has to put up with their hate filled group in the name of "culture" (by group in case there is misinterpretation I obviously mean the Orange Order)
You'll only be labelled a bitter SF supporting IRA sympathizer

Reactions: 4
Maybe the less we know the better 😐

Funny, I managed to have a family day for the jubilee today behind closed doors and managed to avoid singing ‘kick the pope’ or ‘up to our necks’ or whatever. Is it perhaps the friend she was apparently with for these family gatherings just had a family of wankers?

Funny, I managed to have a family day for the jubilee today behind closed doors and managed to avoid singing ‘kick the pope’ or ‘up to our necks’ or whatever. Is it perhaps the friend she was apparently with for these family gatherings just had a family of wankers?
Apparently with? I doubt she made it up. Sounds like they were wankers yes.

Reactions: 1
Sure the OO is trending on a world stage but I doubt anything will come of it ,we're a forgotten wee part of the world that even the British / Irish haven't a clue what goes /went on here ,we're an entity / nonentity.

You'll only be labelled a bitter SF supporting IRA sympathizer
Well its nothing that I havent had said before to me! I had a school friend as a teenager, whos dad was in the OO. I didnt know he was in it, and was the die hard sort, and she hadn't told her da I was raised catholic but then in his presence I casually mentioned a family wedding and where it had taken place. Another friend of mine let me know a few days later that the OO dad had said I was no longer welcome in their house and she wouldn't be going to mine. I was very naive towards the whole thing before then.

The funny part is my parents had a mixed marriage and I had an incredibly balanced childhood in terms of religion and culture so as I said was quite naive to it all

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Well its nothing that I havent had said before to me! I had a school friend as a teenager, whos dad was in the OO. I didnt know he was in it, and was the die hard sort, and she hadn't told her da I was raised catholic but then in his presence I casually mentioned a family wedding and where it had taken place. Another friend of mine let me know a few days later that the OO dad had said I was no longer welcome in their house and she wouldn't be going to mine. I was very naive towards the whole thing before then.

The funny part is my parents had a mixed marriage and I had an incredibly balanced childhood in terms of religion and culture so as I said was quite naive to it all
That's what makes the OO stand out for me , it's the bitterness I can't comprehend .

You have to be a member to get in. It's all bullshit

You have to be a member to get in. It's all bullshit
If it’s true that you need to be a member then all the people in that video were members? The OO said they’re investigating whether they’re members or not 🤔

They may or may not have been members, I’m sure it will all come out. On the subject of non members I’m pretty sure orange halls can generally be hired out for events (birthday parties etc) so there is a possibility they might not be members. Maybe a member needs to book the event.

They may or may not have been members, I’m sure it will all come out. On the subject of non members I’m pretty sure orange halls can generally be hired out for events (birthday parties etc) so there is a possibility they might not be members. Maybe a member needs to book the event.
good to know, although I think that if it was a private event the OO would have come out and said it straight away to disassociate themselves.

Reactions: 4
I know of teeny boppers who attend discos or something at their hall, don't think they're members. By all accounts they hang around outside curting, apparently its bunged with ones coming from all over. This incident puts a different perspective on it.
But as people say you'll get arseholes in all communities.
I was reading Facebook comments and there was a lot of "this doesn't represent me" but Whataboutery
So the Irish news printed a cartoon of an orange man in a wheelchair and where was the outrage then? Well now, I didn't see it but.... 🤷‍♀️
I think you can go for a tour around a lodge somewhere and they have a museum so I think I'll be booking that because I really really want to know and understand what the point of it is, because right now I'm in a cloud of ignorance and don't get it.

Same Mavis. I know when my sister got married, she invited her work colleagues and one chap told her wouldn’t be going because he couldn’t go to a Catholic Church as a member of the OO. At the time I thought he just didn’t want to go but maybe that rule exists 🤦🏼‍♀️

Same Mavis. I know when my sister got married, she invited her work colleagues and one chap told her wouldn’t be going because he couldn’t go to a Catholic Church as a member of the OO. At the time I thought he just didn’t want to go but maybe that rule exists 🤦🏼‍♀️
Just doing a little reading Nora apparently that ban was lifted a few years ago, at least it was in Scotland. I know a few members but they're very sheepish about it, I would openly ask well where you marching and they'd nearly not look at me to answer. I don't know maybe its not polite to ask.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.