Northern Ireland #13 Cafflicks and Prods up a tree K-I-SS-I-N-G

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is heartbreaking. I hope she gets support and her kids back. I didn’t like the start of joe’a article. The worst thing that happened to those kids today isn’t that they didn’t get to go to the match.

Reactions: 4
holy crap I took a day off tattling for a family do yesterday and have just spent the better part of an hour catching up on here and the Schofield thread (think I missed 20+ pages!!!)

ready for bed now already

Is Doherty from the special mince dynasty?
---
Awww girls the wee bitches have been twisting nipples. No call like.

Last edited:
Stop that right now
A goal is worth 3 points.
He was a bit confused - why are you watching that? He must think the church of Ireland in me is making an appearance. I obviously wasn’t going to tell him I was watching so I could chat shit on an internet gossip site. I would rather he thought I was one of themmuns!

You're one of us now. This isn't football, this is football.
---
Aiiiiiieeeee I'm excited now.

Attachments

Your browser is not able to display this video.
Reactions: 3
In fairness to Joe I think it is sincere and genuine
Ffs I had typed up a big post and my phone refreshed and deleted it but I think he may have been genuine and well meaning however he is letting his love for the sport and perhaps wanting to believe someone couldn’t do something so bad cloud his judgement perhaps
---
Is if Armagh is 0-14 but LONDONDerry are 1-10 then Armagh are in the lead?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Glad I'm watching on TV, having a hard time telling the difference in orange and red Jerseys.

Reactions: 2
To be honest I’m not seeing what you are seeing in his piece.

I think he clearly sets out the context of GAA being the centre of community and family life for many.
And how leading up to a big match like this the children are full of joy about the prospect of seeing their ‘heroes’ play

Indeed it will have been in the local schools in recent weeks too. Days when the kids are allowed to wear county colours instead of uniform. Then the bewilderment of not going, especially for kids of a county official who would have had been able to go to all matches. Unlike their peers in whose parents would have had difficulties accessing tickets.

Similarly I don’t read into it the same way as SINEAD tweets with regards to it preventing people reporting etc.

He is however showing his barrister side with his single line about Rory needing support - he could have left that bit out
---
Glad I'm watching on TV, having a hard time telling the difference in orange and red Jerseys.
As a Tyrone girl to the core I’m trying to decide who I dislike less (Derry or Armagh) and therefore am rooting for accordingly

Reactions: 5
Yeah, sorry- you have hit the nail on the head and in my long winded post which I had buggered up and had to start again that was what I wanted to say and that I was clumsy about. You have hit the nail on the head. It must be so confusing for the kids. Not only will their friends be gossiping and saying things but they can’t even go to the match now and because it is such a community they probably feel a bit lost. I think what I was trying to say was that this was the angle I think Joe was coming at. I appreciate that he is limited on what he can say from a legal perspective .
My opinion is that even if none of the abuse allegations are true, not going to the match isn’t the worst thing that has happened to these children. They have lost their mother either through abuse or though alcoholism and that is sad. I do believe her based on who has spoken out and obviously I know nothing of the gaa but when they first introduced the match earlier I could see the two pundits in the studio visibly change their tone and wince now they had to talk about the match.

Reactions: 5
I'm guessing those children have probably heard their mother discussed in unhealthy terms. That would be damaging enough but now the parent they felt "safe" with is being discussed with similar language. Ultimately they suffer. It appears that parental alienation may be a factor too. It's all quite ugly.

Reactions: 6
Did she have custody prior to February?
It never said. I get the impression they remained with him though.
---
Also her issues with alcohol were significant enough for her to talk about recovery.
---
Our ones say the match had a weird atmosphere.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.