Northern Ireland #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just thinking I wonder did any men or women find their others half
From urban dictionary:

A dated and offensive expression generally used by English people to describe someone having an over the top strop.

Offensively refers to Irish people as "paddys" and their "over the top sulking" when it came to the English stealing Irish land, pillaging and their refusal to grant the Irish their independence for a long time.
It implies unreasonableness, obstinacy and an inability to control the temper (which go nicely with drunkeness and violence of course).
My cousins husband is English and his family use this expression all the time. She absolutely hates it. She's told them the meaning behind it snd how offensive it is but they haven't stopped using it!
---
I was just thinking I wonder did any men or women find their others half secret phone not in a domestic abuse way
..but in a cheating partner way.
I work in a solicitors office and when lockdown first started we had a few people contact us about a divorce as they had discovered affairs

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3

---
Spoken like a true Paddy 🫣😂

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I don’t think Sam smith is a pweirdo but at the same time I wish he would put some clothes on!

those ones shouldn’t have been shouting at him though as it plays into the victim complex.

I’m a chubster and it isn’t bleeping healthy, no one should be bullied for it but it isn’t a healthy thing, no more than being too thin.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think Sam smith is a pweirdo but at the same time I wish he would put some clothes on!

those ones shouldn’t have been shouting at him though as it plays into the victim complex.

I’m a chubster and it isn’t bleeping healthy, no one should be bullied for it but it isn’t a healthy thing, no more than being too thin.
What did they say about his weight? I didn’t hear anything!

People dying with all sorts of cancers and rare conditions.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Doesn't surprise me, there are pockets all over NI with high cancer rates and the people involved in their treatment and care will tell you its environmental. It's not publicised though, one place I lived I was told not to drink the water.

Reactions: 4
Doesn't surprise me, there are pockets all over NI with high cancer rates and the people involved in their treatment and care will tell you its environmental. It's not publicised though, one place I lived I was told not to drink the water.
Du Pont were the main contributors, shocking isn’t it! I’m sure we’re being earmarked as a nuclear dump once the UK’s nuclear reactors get up and running again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I know someone who was diagnosed with a fairly rare aggressive form of cancer. Paid a fortune for a private consultant and as soon as he seen her address the first thing he told her was to stop drinking the tap water. He told her “off the record” that he was getting a cluster of patients from that particular area so he’d concluded that there had to be environmental factor. She recovered against all the odds.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
New Thread peeps!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.