Norris Nuts #4 Over worked, under nourished and running out of ideas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These Dhar Mann reaction videos really rub me the wrong way. Not only is it just lazy content, but shows how sheltered they are. How many 16 year olds cry at Dhar Mann? I mean this isn't a Dhar Mann hate page, but those videos are so obviously fake that I can't really tell if the NN are being naive and optimistic, or really are that oblivious.

Also re Naz falling behind on school, I kind of feel like Brooke saying everyones gonna blame her was just a trick to get sympathy? Could be reading a bit into it but thats how it came across. "Boo hoo, everyone thinks it's my fault, poor me..."
Yes Brooke, it is your fault and you should be held accountable for that.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I don't think Brooke cares all that much about Naz falling behind on her schoolwork. When has Brooke cared so much before? As someone said it's extremely rare we ever saw them doing schoolwork, except that one video of Biggy cracking an egg on Sabre's head (or Sockie, I can't remember which honestly) where we saw them out on the table with a notebook and laptop. Is she finally noticing how behind Naz is on her education or does she read here or found a comment from a concerned parent about how much time the kids spend on youtube, and how little time on school and wants to try to prove that isn't the case? Because we know they are pretty aware of any criticism because they've tried to excuse little things a few times before =. If she genuinely is finally starting to notice how all the time spent making videos is effecting their education, then good for her. Sabre should also be starting to prepare for her year 11 and 12 exams, so it would do her some good to shut off the camera some also.

Reactions: 9
brooke doesnt really care.
but to home school kids you need to meet certain basic requirements.
naz had fallen behind with regard to these minimal requirements.
and i agree -this a chance to respond to criticism about the kids education. and a chance for some drama and more views.
even if naz catches up, she (and her siblings) wont be learning very much.

Reactions: 5
I don't think Brooke cares all that much about Naz falling behind on her schoolwork. When has Brooke cared so much before? As someone said it's extremely rare we ever saw them doing schoolwork, except that one video of Biggy cracking an egg on Sabre's head (or Sockie, I can't remember which honestly) where we saw them out on the table with a notebook and laptop. Is she finally noticing how behind Naz is on her education or does she read here or found a comment from a concerned parent about how much time the kids spend on youtube, and how little time on school and wants to try to prove that isn't the case? Because we know they are pretty aware of any criticism because they've tried to excuse little things a few times before =. If she genuinely is finally starting to notice how all the time spent making videos is effecting their education, then good for her. Sabre should also be starting to prepare for her year 11 and 12 exams, so it would do her some good to shut off the camera some also.
I actually don’t think Brooke has had developed sudden concern for her children’s education. I think she’s always had some interest in it, but very minimal at that because if she was very concerned about the NN kids’ education, she would have them all doing extra work, it’s safe to say none of the children are meeting educational standards for their ages. I feel like maybe they’ve been strongly advised by a tutor of Naz’s that she do extra work or maybe Naz failed an important test as I know homeschool kids do have to take tests to ensure they are meeting classroom standards. As much as I find their videos entertaining, I hope Brooke and Justin decide to enforce homeschool on their kids more as it’s really important and all the NN are clearly behind

Reactions: 7
Does Sabre have to take the exams even if she’s home schooled? I’m not from Australia so idk

Reactions: 3
You can tell just how young their fan base really is by this…

“Your hatest food”

No wonder all the spelling and grammar mistakes the NN make go unnoticed in most their videos
Tbh the Norris Nuts are probably impacting their viewers’ grammar and spelling for the worse. Phrases like “most hatest” are commonly used in their blogs, not to mention the poor spelling in the subtitles of their videos etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Does Sabre have to take the exams even if she’s home schooled? I’m not from Australia so idk
It's probably not mandatory but, she at least needs to them to finish secondary and especially if she wants to get ahead in life by any amount, as it is in most countries. Unless she just plans to do youtube for the rest of her life, which would not be a very wise decision. Hopefully she's able to get some advising from somewhere. I'm not even that invested, it's just sad. I'm not sure what level of schooling she's at but judging from her writing it's far from the year 10 she should be in right now.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else think it’s a bit inappropriate to update us with Disco’s potty training? Like with the clip in the most recent vlog and also that one clip posted on Instagram where they actually show Disco’s poo. I really think that should be kept private and off the internet. Why would you do that to your child??

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else think it’s a bit inappropriate to update us with Disco’s potty training? Like with the clip in the most recent vlog and also that one clip posted on Instagram where they actually show Disco’s poo. I really think that should be kept private and off the internet. Why would you do that to your child??
Thanks for the heads up - I shall not watch that insta clip. That's totally inappropriate :rolleyes:

they what-😳

Reactions: 2
Anyone see Biggy eating chocolate off the floor in the norris nuts do stuff video "WHO HAS THE MOST FIDGETS Challenge w/the Norris Nuts" timestamp 7:13. Weird to be so desperate for chocolate that you eat if off the floor at 12.

• Sad
On the topic of homeschooling and education.

I have followed Hayley Carey on insta for a few years now. I was just scrolling through her ‘homeschool’ highlight on Instagram and saw what she was teaching her 5 year old child.

I have a feeling even sabre wouldn’t be able to label this diagram at 16 years old.

I do wonder if Brooke follows a curriculum to homeschool the kids or whether she just teaches them whatever? Idk how it works in Australia?

Attachments

Reactions: 6

I have followed Hayley Carey on insta for a few years now. I was just scrolling through her ‘homeschool’ highlight on Instagram and saw what she was teaching her 5 year old child.

I have a feeling even sabre wouldn’t be able to label this diagram at 16 years old.

I do wonder if Brooke follows a curriculum to homeschool the kids or whether she just teaches them whatever? Idk how it works in Australia?
As someone currently doing work experience in British primary schools I can say that this sort of activity isn’t something you’d find in a primary school lesson. However, at 16, if sabre was going to a school here she would have just finished her GCSEs and would definitely would have had to learn how to label diagrams like this for biology. Along with how organisms work. In primary school, however, children are expected to at least attain good reading, writing and maths skills. From what I’ve seen of the Norris nuts handwriting it definitely looks like something much younger children have written. When I working with year 6 most children could write full paragraphs legibly and with little spelling and punctuation errors. I wonder if even Sabre could do that.
I doubt the Norris nuts even do science. I get the feeling they just do maths and English and since Brooke seems to prioritise youtube over school their skills in these subjects seem to be very basic.

Reactions: 8

Well that’s going in the opposite direction. 5 year olds learn through play. Phonics, books without words to tell the story with the pictures, numicon.

Labelling the respiratory system just so they can show off on the internet is just ridiculous.

Seems to me there have been comments about Naz’s handwriting and Brooke has interpreted that as she has fallen behind and Naz not taking her school work seriously.

WTF does Brooke actually do!! She doesn’t cook or clean the kids do most of the chores for the house or ordering food. Dad takes the kids to their doctors appointments. She’s a mother of 6 kids but seems to do very little about from wanting more kids to exploit.

Reactions: 12
Well that’s going in the opposite direction. 5 year olds learn through play. Phonics, books without words to tell the story with the pictures, numicon.

Labelling the respiratory system just so they can show off on the internet is just ridiculous.

Seems to me there have been comments about Naz’s handwriting and Brooke has interpreted that as she has fallen behind and not being taking her school work seriously.

WTF does Brooke actually do!! She doesn’t cook or clean the kids do most of the chores for the house or ordering food. Dad takes the kids to their doctors appointments. She’s a mother of 6 kids but seems to do very little about from wanting more kids to exploit.
Yeah I agree lol, it’s a very odd thing to teach such a young child. Just made me laugh that a 5 year old knows how to label the diagram but I highly doubt the older Norris nuts do 😂

And literally lol. whenever I watch the vlogs I always wonder what a typical day for Brooke is like. She just gets the kids to do literally everything.

Reactions: 6

i think you underestimating sabre skills.
she can do it.
to bad she wasnt taught so seriously when she was younger and now.
she is probably way behind her age peers.
there are basic requirements the kids have to meet in order to be homeschooled.
brooke makes sure they meet the minimal requirements-perhaps just a little bit more.
she probably works with a basic curriculum. its more easy for her.
she isnt using their homeschooling to encourage curiosity or creativity,to develop their unique talents or realize their full potenial.
why did she begin to homeschool them?

Anyone see Biggy eating chocolate off the floor in the norris nuts do stuff video "WHO HAS THE MOST FIDGETS Challenge w/the Norris Nuts" timestamp 7:13. Weird to be so desperate for chocolate that you eat if off the floor at 12.
That was disgusting and disturbing!

Not only did he eat the chocolate off the floor but both he and Sockie ate the ice cream cone that had animal food in during a recent vlog. There has to be something seriously wrong with those children to put themselves at risk over a bit of food, that is not normal behaviour. That is the sort or thing a toddler would do!

Reactions: 8
brooke makes sure they meet the minimal requirements-perhaps just a little bit more.
Yeah I do think she lets them learn the bare minimum just so that she can prove they are ‘learning’ and not just running round shopping centres screaming and scrambling on the floor for chocolate all day every day.

It really bothers me when YouTube families don’t prioritise their children’s futures. Just because they have money and a successful YouTube channel doesn’t mean they’ll be set for the future, especially if they’re not taught how to handle their finances. And YouTube may not be around forever.

Its like with the FamilyFizz YouTube channel, their daughter Mia said she doesn’t need GCSEs because she’s got youtube. Surely you still do your GCSEs anyway so you have them just incase??

Same with the NN. I just don’t think these kids are gonna be prepared for the real world.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.