No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had to take our dog to the vets in May, we were told only one person allowed in and that was an appointment to have him put to sleep.

our dear doggy passed away in the car on the way there, I think he sensed our fear of not both getting to say our goodbyes. Absolutely horrible experience.
Oh my gosh that must've been absolutely heartbreaking. At the very least you were both there in his final moments. We had to let our doggy go in April so I know the pain. Sending you so much love.

Just a note as well, we were both allowed to say goodbye but we were in a horrible, cold temporary building full of spiders. But at least we got to say our goodbyes. And the vets were great, they did what they could considering the circumstances.

It's just horrible that pets are being left alone and owners aren't able to see them or say goodbye properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So mask are no longer compulsory/mandatory so if you are wearing one it is your choice, so wear it properly! 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This!! The amount of people that I see with their nose poking out. Just take the mask off!!!!
Those are normally the ones who glare at me for not wearing one. I still believe they are wearing one because they are scared of other people's reactions but letting their nose hang out is their bit of defiance.

Reactions: 3
Is anyone else really intrigued by some aspects of mask wearing behaviour now? It's either irrational or people have just got into the habit.

We went to the theatre in Bath last night to see Groan Ups (fantastic!) and it was pretty packed. We arrived late and were pretty heartened to see the stalls full of unmasked people with no distancing at all. A lovely back to normal moment! Then we were left puzzled by a couple of things:-

1. There was a lady in our row who was wearing a mask throughout the performance. As soon as the interval came, she took her mask off to talk to her friends next to her. She didn't drink or eat so what was she doing?

2. When the performance ended and everyone go up to leave, a mask explosion occurred and nearly EVERYONE donned one before filing out. These were people who sat for nearly three hours without a mask and all of a sudden HAD to wear one.

Could anyone give a rational explanation for either of their behaviours? We're at a complete loss.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is anyone else really intrigued by some aspects of mask wearing behaviour now? It's either irrational or people have just got into the habit.

We went to the theatre in Bath last night to see Groan Ups (fantastic!) and it was pretty packed. We arrived late and were pretty heartened to see the stalls full of unmasked people with no distancing at all. A lovely back to normal moment! Then we were left puzzled by a couple of things:-

1. There was a lady in our row who was wearing a mask throughout the performance. As soon as the interval came, she took her mask off to talk to her friends next to her. She didn't drink or eat so what was she doing?

2. When the performance ended and everyone go up to leave, a mask explosion occurred and nearly EVERYONE donned one before filing out. These were people who sat for nearly three hours without a mask and all of a sudden HAD to wear one.

Could anyone give a rational explanation for either of their behaviours? We're at a complete loss.
It's been that way all the way through. nothing about any of this makes sense. Good job people are starting to see it though

Reactions: 4
So mask are no longer compulsory/mandatory so if you are wearing one it is your choice, so wear it properly! 😡
Not all masks are covid related. I sat on the tube got a dirty look off someone who was not wearing a mask because my mask was covering my mouth only after dentistry operation. I didn't need to cover my nose. He really wound me up, wouldn't stop glaring for five stops. We both got off the same stop so I bit the bullet and asked what the duck his problem was. He told me I wasn't wearing the mask correctly so why bother at all. I explained I had denstisry work and said why the duck is someone who is not wearing a mask getting angry up about people who they feel aren't wearing them properly. Let's hope that put him in place and he stops trying to intimidate women because he sure as hell wasn't giving death stares to the men with their noses poking out.

The only thing I can think of is that people have been asked to wear them in the public area rather than in their seats. I'm back in my office next week and we don't need to wear one at my desk but the main reception and toilets we've been asked to wear one.

Yesterday I didn’t wear a mask in the hairdressers and it was great to have a coffee, read a magazine and chat to the hairdresser without the mask. I do still wear it on public transport and if the shops are busy. I like the choice rather than it being enforced.

Reactions: 6
The only thing I can think of is that people have been asked to wear them in the public area rather than in their seats. I'm back in my office next week and we don't need to wear one at my desk but the main reception and toilets we've been asked to wear one.
I have been going into my office once or twice a week since the start of this and we haven't had to wear masks. More people are starting to come back and still don't have to wear one. I wouldn't even if they asked as there is no requirement to if your office has been risk assessed and found it is possible to socially distance in reception and the toilets. Unless your in wales, there they have to wear them in public areas but not within the office

Out of interest, for those of you who are still wearing a mask, at what point do you think you’ll decide not wear one anymore?

I haven’t worn a mask since they were no longer compulsory and I have no judgement for anyone who is still wearing one. It’s just that as covid is never going to go away now, at what point will you feel like it’s not necessary anymore?

I’m interested in other peoples viewpoints!

Reactions: 6
Out of interest, for those of you who are still wearing a mask, at what point do you think you’ll decide not wear one anymore?

I haven’t worn a mask since they were no longer compulsory and I have no judgement for anyone who is still wearing one. It’s just that as covid is never going to go away now, at what point will you feel like it’s not necessary anymore?

Thats a very good question. I haven't worn one the last few times I've been to tescos. I had to take a test this week as I'm back in the office next week and I had all three main symptoms. Luckily it was negative. I know quite a few people that are double jabbed, have ditched the masks and are quite unwell. I'll keep one in my bag, if its busy in the shops I'll wear one, I can't risk spreading anything around the office as the windows don't open and the air con is crap.

I have been going into my office once or twice a week since the start of this and we haven't had to wear masks. More people are starting to come back and still don't have to wear one. I wouldn't even if they asked as there is no requirement to if your office has been risk assessed and found it is possible to socially distance in reception and the toilets. Unless your in wales, there they have to wear them in public areas but not within the office
I work in a shared office block. We use two floors and other businesses use the others. The landlord has asked visitors into the main reception to wear one but once we're in our office we don't need to.

Reactions: 1
I had my hair cut today. I didn’t wear a mask, nor did my hairdresser. Felt strange but liberating. I have stopped wearing a mask elsewhere.

I stopped wearing one when the rules changed. I have a baby and want them to see my whole face. Also, I thought if not now then when would I stop because covid isn’t going anywhere any time soon. I felt really uncomfortable at first but Ive noticed a lot more people not wearing them now we’re a few weeks in to the rule change.

Reactions: 5
I commute into London and my mask goes on as I get out of the car stays on during train, bus and walk and comes off at my desk same in reverse when leaving at the end of the day and when I go out at lunchtime, also at weekend when going to the shops. I am double jabbed. I haven’t been out to a pub or restaurant etc.

When the Scottish government decide to allow us not to wear one. Still a legal requirement here sadly

Not worn a mask since we haven't had to. Live in a busy but small tourist town. I never wanted to go into any shops before because of feeling claustrophobic and hot with a mask on. Now it's feels joyous mooching around shops but without fail in every small shop, charity shop, supermarket and even outside market me and my husband have been the only ones without a mask. Young and old are even wearing them out on the streets and still see many solo masked drivers.
It doesn't bother me what people do but personally I like to breathe fresh air.

Same as others stopped as soon as it no longer was compulsory. I notice a drop in people wearing them on a daily basis. Never been challenged on it or anything like that