Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Oh, no. How else am I going to mouth “fuck off” to people in public without them noticing?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
If you are someone who wants to continue wearing a mask forever then I hope you’re not going to look down on those or make comments to people that won’t be anymore. Sorry, but it won’t be mandatory and if you don’t feel safe after your double jab then stay in your house and let the rest of us enjoy life again.
Comments like these make me 🤦🏻‍♀️ Equally people who don’t want to wear masks should not look down and judge those that want to continue for whatever reasons.

Just because people choose to remain a little cautious and continue to wear masks in whatever capacity or setting, it does NOT mean they want to stay in their house nor does it mean they do not want to enjoy life.

They’re not stopping anyone ‘enjoying their life’ so not quite sure why you say ‘let the rest of us enjoy life again’.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Surprised by the replies.
People need to take personal responsibility back, if someone doesn't want to wear a mask and you’re anxious,
keep away from them, germs are needed in society to build tolerance to other illnesses and infections, we can’t live in a sterile environment, more kids get sick if they’re kept away from dirt and germs then if they’re out playing in the muck.
I think it’s the right time to do this,
if it means numbers increase, makes no difference unless they turn into hospital admissions, if they do, get it out of the way before winter. Apparently masks/better hygiene cut rates of flu and colds last year 🤷‍♀️ So let’s see what happens this winter and if people find themselves getting more illnesses they might make the choice to use masks themselves like some Asian countries do.

the users on Twitter who were adiment it wouldn’t happen and the government wouldn’t give up control earlier this week are very quite 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 41

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
If you are someone who wants to continue wearing a mask forever then I hope you’re not going to look down on those or make comments to people that won’t be anymore. Sorry, but it won’t be mandatory and if you don’t feel safe after your double jab then stay in your house and let the rest of us enjoy life again.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Parker123

Thank god, these restrictions should have been lifted months ago. Vaccines are working and the data proves that, just because people test positive doesn’t mean they are majorly ill, deaths are down massively which is most important. The NHS has a winter crisis every year and we’ve never locked down before to “save the NHS”. Wear a mask if you wish but I will not be, i’m an adult can make my own decisions.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

HoGi

VIP Member
I can't wait to be rid of them.

They caused me to develop a fungal skin infection when they were introduced last year which took months of prescription creams to clear up.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I will in busy places like supermarkets and buses. In future, if I was at work with a cold etc I probably would then, too.

Reactions: 30

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
Yes. I’m having a High risk pregnancy with chances of a small gestational size baby, premature birth and even still birth. Catching COVID during pregnancy increases the chances of that even more so. So it’s a no brainer for me. My masks will stay.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Ok.

Will not be wearing them if I’m told I don’t have to. Can’t wait. GOODBYE.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
Can't wait to throw mine in the BIN!!!!!!!! It really makes me not enjoy shopping, and I'm aware that that's dramatic to some people, but I can't stand wearing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

FakeSmile

VIP Member
As much as I’ve not liked wearing a mask, I didn’t realise how much wearing one affected me and my mood/anxiety levels whilst out and about until now that I don’t have to wear one. I popped to a couple of shops and to the bank during my lunch break today and I felt oddly lighter and much more ‘free’ not having to think about a mask, put one on etc. I just went about my business and then back to the office and I was noticeably more relaxed than I have been in months.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

WilmaHun

VIP Member
If I’ve got a fuck off massive spot on my chin like I currently do I’ll gladly keep it on 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Unfortunately it looks like the virus is here to stay so we just have to learn to live with it, I for one will be happy to ditch the masks as I have really struggled with them especially working in them all day. It will be nice to see people smile etc again. We all just need to respect each others decisions if you want to wear them that's ok if you dont that's ok look after yourself dont worry what others are doing

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I was fuming at the brief. Boris says no masks and social distancing. Whitty says he will continue to wear them under certain conditions. Journalists voice concerns over the lifting of such restrictions when cases are rising (yes vaccinations are going well and doing what they are meant to be doing) but there are many who have only had 1 dose of vaccine. UK is the only country in the world lifting restrictions on this level.

Too many conflicting things being said. As usual it is never concise.

• Wow
Reactions: 22

House of Tea

VIP Member
I think we should all do what is right for us and not judge anyone who takes the opposite stance. I suspect there will be more non-maskers than maskers, despite Twitter and polls. And then slowly most people will follow suit.

Reactions: 21