No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You shouldn't ever feel guilty about something about something that's been our way of life since we've all been born.

I think some people need to remember that
I guess I’m a people pleaser & can’t cope with others making me feel uncomfortable if I’m not wearing one, which happened to me the other day

Reactions: 3
Yesterday I said that I had been out and it was 50/50. Went to a market town today and it was 95% masks. And strangely, I saw lots of people in the street wearing one. It was noticeable. I stuck to my guns. Only one reaction. A waitress who make an overly dramatic lurch when I went to the loo. Not sure why, the owner was walking around without a mask so she was near him all day. It was performative, to make a point.

Later went to a Waitrose. About 80% masks. I thought there would be more. And the mask less were middle aged and upwards. No hassle about not wearing one.

Reactions: 8
To echo @Blond3g1rl and their experience I got my first glare today from a masked person today was also in M&S too.
Well I say masked he had one of those face shields on you know the ones? Open at the bottom ready to just breathe in the big scary germs.
I haaaaate these things with a passion. If your nostrils are facing down (which I assume they are on a normal person's face) all the droplets are just heading down straight past the mask so what is the point. I always think of that bit in Grease where Danny pulls the baseball guy's mask back into his face 🤐

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I haaaaate these things with a passion. If your nostrils are facing down (which I assume they are on a normal person's face) all the droplets are just heading down straight past the mask so what is the point. I always think of that bit in Grease where Danny pulls the baseball guy's mask back into his face 🤐
the dispersion of droplets when they hit the shield also spreads them way further! Unless you also have a mask on they’re pretty pointless

Reactions: 7
Always made me shudder when I see restaurant and cafe table waiters with shields on. I used to say on another forum about droplets rolling down into people's food and got told I was an idiot

Reactions: 4
Those shields were never classed as a form of face coverings and no one should have ever worn them. The condensation on them, as you said @Purrrrrrr it surely would drip on or in things 🤢

I was at the supermarket yesterday and a maskless woman hacked her lungs up, straight into the milk chiller 🤢

Human beings are disgusting so I'm happy to keep wearing mine. I'm in Scotland so we're keeping ours for a while thankfully!

Mr B works in London half the time. He's back but reported still a large number of people wearing masks. Pubs were also busier and he saw more younger people out and about maskless (although that could reflect the areas he works in).

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Those shields were never classed as a form of face coverings and no one should have ever worn them. The condensation on them, as you said @Purrrrrrr it surely would drip on or in things 🤢
I was at the doctors surgery this morning (I know, I was actually ALLOWED INSIDE THE BUILDING) for some routine blood tests and the nurse was wearing a mask plus a shield. The shield said on it it was for protection against dust particles, I mean I was only there for blood tests, not sawing up a desk. I'm double jabbed, she presumably is too, we're both wearing masks, it's just all ludicrous now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Definitely noticed towards weekend and yesterday more people maskless now, in Costa yesterday and at one point in queue was 10 people all maskless
I feel a lot less self conscious now going without a mask and actually feel a bit silly I was so bothered last week what people think!

Reactions: 8
I think it's wonderful that we can once again see each others faces, smile and be happy. I hated Face Mask Hokey Cokey whenever I entered a bar or restaurant.

And I like Boris' comments that we can now take responsibility for our own actions in deciding where/when to wear masks.

Reactions: 9
I went out in England at the weekend, I didn’t want to post anything about it on here incase I got covid … which I guess its still possible I did but I haven’t got any symptoms and have had 2 negative LFTs! It was just so bizarre to go into a pub/bar and not even reach for my mask. I took it with me but no one was wearing one. One pub there were a few people that did but as we were mainly sat outside and only going in to use the loo I didn’t bother with it. If someone had told me to wear it I wouldn’t have minded. Nowhere took our details either.
By the end of the night it was honestly like covid never happened. I really thought I’d be worried being so close to people but I wasn’t. It felt normal, and no one else seemed worried either. We did have to give proof of a negative test on the door but seeing as that’s so easy to fake I wonder if many people did end up catching it.

• Heart
I couldn’t wait to not wear a mask. Day one felt massively uncomfortable. I definitely felt looked at and in the minority. I refuse to give it, it’s not the law, I’m not in peoples personal space etc. A week in there’s definitely less people wearing one compared to the first day- I think people just don’t like to feel judged and in the minority.

Reactions: 10
I got on the bus today for a brief journey and sat downstairs. there were about say 12 people on the bus and 3 with masks and the rest without.All the windows were open.

I got on the bus today for a brief journey and sat downstairs. there were about say 12 people on the bus and 3 with masks and the rest without.All the windows were open.
Whereabouts are you? Does the bus company insist on masks

Reactions: 1
Whereabouts are you? Does the bus company insist on masks
Hi, Yorkshire, I dont know what they insist on, I know you have to wear them in the bus station. I usually ride my bikes so this is the first time I've been on a bus in a couple of months.

Hi, Yorkshire, I dont know what they insist on, I know you have to wear them in the bus station. I usually ride my bikes so this is the first time I've been on a bus in a couple of months.
In London TfL are insisting signs and adverts on busses, seats still taped off

• Wow
Reactions: 1
It’s one thing being daft enough to do this in the first place, but why on earth would you publicise your twattishness on Twitter? She is a local councillor. The calibre of our politicians, be they local or national, is utterly woeful at the moment. It is all about being seen to do the right thing (or their version of what they think is the right thing) rather than having the emotional maturity or intellect to think to themselves, no, this is not a good thing to stick on Twitter. Like Biden wearing a mask when he was on a Zoom meeting, performative.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It’s one thing being daft enough to do this in the first place, but why on earth would you publicise your twattishness on Twitter? She is a local councillor. The calibre of our politicians, be they local or national, is utterly woeful at the moment. It is all about being seen to do the right thing (or their version of what they think is the right thing) rather than having the emotional maturity or intellect to think to themselves, no, this is not a good thing to stick on Twitter. Like Biden wearing a mask when he was on a Zoom meeting, performative.
Some of the comments on that tweet are hilarious 🤣