No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In brid for a few days and it feels like stepping back a couple of years. Next to no ones wearing masks in the arcades, everyone just out enjoying life. Its great! We are trying to social distance and people seem to doing the same which is good .

• Heart
Reactions: 13
As much as I’ve not liked wearing a mask, I didn’t realise how much wearing one affected me and my mood/anxiety levels whilst out and about until now that I don’t have to wear one. I popped to a couple of shops and to the bank during my lunch break today and I felt oddly lighter and much more ‘free’ not having to think about a mask, put one on etc. I just went about my business and then back to the office and I was noticeably more relaxed than I have been in months.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I've ditched mine for the summer. Have not worn it since the original "Freedom Day" was pushed back last month. It's just too hot, and I have allergies and breathing problems so it has been a struggle.

I'm fine with masking up when it's cooler but I just won't do it in the summer. More and more people here have been shedding their masks as the weather has got hotter and I am very grateful it's not currently law to wear them, because in this weather I think it's a very inhumane thing do force anyone to do.

Reactions: 11
Train company is making announcements telling people to wear masks and distance and they have Pluto posters up

I’m still wearing mine. Not judging anyone who isn’t of course. Lots of people still wearing them where I am I would say more wearing than not. I like the anonymity of wearing it still 😂

Reactions: 7
I’m still wearing mine. Not judging anyone who isn’t of course. Lots of people still wearing them where I am I would say more wearing than not. I like the anonymity of wearing it still 😂
I was going to do a big speech but instead i will salute you.

Reactions: 2
I was really nervous about not wearing my mask a few weeks ago - scared that masked people would judge me for not wearing one.

It’s been nice to see more and more people not wearing one if they’re in an open space. It seems to be a little bit of everybody - older, younger - going maskless.

It feels liberating and more and more normal as the days go by. People seem to be getting more confident about not wearing one.

Reactions: 10
I was really nervous about not wearing my mask a few weeks ago - scared that masked people would judge me for not wearing one.

It’s been nice to see more and more people not wearing one if they’re in an open space. It seems to be a little bit of everybody - older, younger - going maskless.

It feels liberating and more and more normal as the days go by. People seem to be getting more confident about not wearing one.
I think it is a non-issue now. Those who want to wear them do, those who don’t, don’t. Everybody is just getting on with it.

Reactions: 13
I had to take my dog to the vets the other day . All people had to wear masks and I wasn't allowed to go into the consultation. I feel so sorry for the poor pets, it must be so scary for them .( obviously the veterinary staff often need ppe for other reasons than covid )

I went to a fast food restaurant at the weekend and hardly anyone wore masks . Sanitiser were available. I'm not convinced a mask out of someone's pocket makes any difference.

Reactions: 8
I had to take my dog to the vets the other day . All people had to wear masks and I wasn't allowed to go into the consultation. I feel so sorry for the poor pets, it must be so scary for them .( obviously the veterinary staff often need ppe for other reasons than covid )

I went to a fast food restaurant at the weekend and hardly anyone wore masks . Sanitiser were available. I'm not convinced a mask out of someone's pocket makes any difference.
That’s so harsh, I hope your dog is okay ♥ Our vets have let at least one of us in all along

Reactions: 1
That’s so harsh, I hope your dog is okay ♥ Our vets have let at least one of us in all along
It was easily treated, she needed antibiotics so is on the mend. A lot of dogs aren't a fan of the vets anyway, and I think the covid restrictions cause more stress for them . I don't think my dog has ever seen anyone in a mask before

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Went maskless yesterday for the first time and it was ace. No more glasses fogging up and feeling like I can't breathe. (y)Wasn't the only one either, though definitely more mask wearers than not.

Reactions: 6
had to take my dog to the vets the other day . All people had to wear masks and I wasn't allowed to go into the consultation. I feel so sorry for the poor pets, it must be so scary for them .( obviously the veterinary staff often need ppe for other reasons than covid )
Took my kitten for her first injections during December lockdown and wasn’t allowed in the vets, even though nobody was in the vets. She was meowing so loud when they brought her out. I remember it was raining too so I was just stood outside, they happily brought the card machine out to me though for me to pay!

Reactions: 3

We had to take our dog to the vets in May, we were told only one person allowed in and that was an appointment to have him put to sleep.

our dear doggy passed away in the car on the way there, I think he sensed our fear of not both getting to say our goodbyes. Absolutely horrible experience.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
We had to take our dog to the vets in May, we were told only one person allowed in and that was an appointment to have him put to sleep.

our dear doggy passed away in the car on the way there, I think he sensed our fear of not both getting to say our goodbyes. Absolutely horrible experience.
I am so sorry for your loss. We had out cat put down in October, our vets were extremely companionate. We were allowed to spend time with him in the hospital and be with him when he was put down.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I am so sorry for your loss. We had out cat put down in October, our vets were extremely companionate. We were allowed to spend time with him in the hospital and be with him when he was put down.
Thank you ❤ Sorry for your loss too, I’m glad your vets let you have some time together it’s an awful time for anyone, pets are such valued family members 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It was easily treated, she needed antibiotics so is on the mend. A lot of dogs aren't a fan of the vets anyway, and I think the covid restrictions cause more stress for them . I don't think my dog has ever seen anyone in a mask before
The restrictions are awful for the pets my cat had to go last year with a severe eye injury and he had to go in alone (hated the vet and has bit them several times when he’s terrified) and the vet said he was uncooperative. No tit he was terrified in pain and didn’t have any of his family there to reassure him.

• Sad
Reactions: 4

Omg I’m crying at this. How awful for you to experience! 💔 so sorry for your loss

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s made me angry reading this only allowing one person in during final moments it’s truly awful.
I understand yes they have to keep themselves safe but for god’s sake you’d waiver the rules in these circumstances.