No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm in Scotland where they're obviously still mandated, including secondary schools, compliance with wearing them is practically 100%, yet our cases are still going through the roof. Wonder when people will realise they are a complete waste of time.

Reactions: 11
Nearly everyone I've seen that is still wearing a mask, isn't wearing it properly!

Have also noticed, people who wouldn't wear one when we had to are now wearing them!
Crazy people. I went into town this morning and only see one or two wearing them.

My husband is on the underground every day and he said tonight that barely anybody has one on. I've noticed in supermarkets there are fewer, about 50/50.

Reactions: 1
Apart from a visit to hospital for an appointment, I’ve not worn a mask since they were no longer required. It’s been great.

Reactions: 5
Reports today is they are considering making masks mandatory again during winter, with working from home advice reinstated. I suspect many people will take their own precautions and will wear the mask, but the genie is out the bottle now and there will be less compliance.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Reports today is they are considering making masks mandatory again during winter, with working from home advice reinstated. I suspect many people will take their own precautions and will wear the mask, but the genie is out the bottle now and there will be less compliance.
Pmsl that would piss my head office off so much if we had to wfh again. We're back in the office full time, whilst they do two days a week. Id happily wfh in the winter.

Reactions: 2
I went out to a farm today and I said to my husband on the way home that it was the first time that we’ve been out that I haven’t thought about - or been reminded of - covid. It was really nice and relaxed. I don’t think I saw anyone wear a mask other than some of the staff and we washed our hands regularly but that’s just what you do at the farm!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I took my daughter to an opticians appointment to have her eyes tested. My daughter gets extremely extremely upset when she can’t see my face. I went in wearing a lanyard that said I’m exempt from masks as someone with me becomes distressed is a recognised exemption. This wasn’t good enough for the opticians. They told me I had to wear a mask or my 4 year old would have to go into the test herself - she didn’t feel comfortable going herself in a room with people she couldn’t see their face due to the amount of PPE. I explained to her how my daughter gets really upset and how I’d had a panic attack the last time I wore a mask and she said it was their policy and if I wouldn’t wear one I could rebook and get someone else to take her. I reluctantly put the mask on and went in to have her appointment. My daughter got so upset the minute I put it on. She was squealing and squealing she was so upset that they couldn’t perform the eye test as if you’re familiar with children’s eye tests you’ll know they put drops in their eyes and they couldn’t do this with how she was. Im so bleeping annoyed with it all I’m over this bullshit. 🤬 denying children healthcare because their parent wearing a mask makes them distressed!!! I don’t have anyone else to take her it’s not an option so instead I’m finding a new optician.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I took my daughter to an opticians appointment to have her eyes tested. My daughter gets extremely extremely upset when she can’t see my face. I went in wearing a lanyard that said I’m exempt from masks as someone with me becomes distressed is a recognised exemption. This wasn’t good enough for the opticians. They told me I had to wear a mask or my 4 year old would have to go into the test herself - she didn’t feel comfortable going herself in a room with people she couldn’t see their face due to the amount of PPE. I explained to her how my daughter gets really upset and how I’d had a panic attack the last time I wore a mask and she said it was their policy and if I wouldn’t wear one I could rebook and get someone else to take her. I reluctantly put the mask on and went in to have her appointment. My daughter got so upset the minute I put it on. She was squealing and squealing she was so upset that they couldn’t perform the eye test as if you’re familiar with children’s eye tests you’ll know they put drops in their eyes and they couldn’t do this with how she was. Im so bleeping annoyed with it all I’m over this bullshit. 🤬 denying children healthcare because their parent wearing a mask makes them distressed!!! I don’t have anyone else to take her it’s not an option so instead I’m finding a new optician.
This is disgusting!! You should take it up with their head office

This is disgusting!! You should take it up with their head office
Thanks I definitely will be! Reflecting on it tonight has made me wish I had of said more and not even complied because I feel guilty for even putting the mask on as I knew it would of made my daughter uncomfortable 😣 I can’t understand why they think someone else bringing her would resolve it! She struggles when she can’t see a familiar face in a non familiar environment and although she’s been to the opticians before she goes 6 monthly so it’s still a strange place!! I’d assume she’s not the only child who finds that scary.

Sorry for ranting it really has helped me though!

Thanks I definitely will be! Reflecting on it tonight has made me wish I had of said more and not even complied because I feel guilty for even putting the mask on as I knew it would of made my daughter uncomfortable 😣 I can’t understand why they think someone else bringing her would resolve it! She struggles when she can’t see a familiar face in a non familiar environment and although she’s been to the opticians before she goes 6 monthly so it’s still a strange place!! I’d assume she’s not the only child who finds that scary.

Sorry for ranting it really has helped me though!
I might understand their POV more if she was maybe 9 or 10, but 4??? Even to suggest any child went into a room alone with a stranger is wrong, no matter what their age is. So so bad, no way to treat a child and her mum, I’m sorry this happened to you

I might understand their POV more if she was maybe 9 or 10, but 4??? Even to suggest any child went into a room alone with a stranger is wrong, no matter what their age is. So so bad, no way to treat a child and her mum, I’m sorry this happened to you
Thank you! She literally only turned 4 a few weeks ago too, I really appreciate everyone validating my concerns I hope they take on my complaint seriously and no other child has to go through that! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Is this spec savers by any chance?? They’re so overboard still!!!
even the hospitals don’t take as much precautionary measures as they do. I went to one a few weeks ago, they checked my temp, made me wear gloves & a mask. I had to sit so far away from anyone else, they wouldn’t allow me to pick glasses that I was going to buy, they had to pick them for me!
I hope you get somewhere with your complaint, it sounds awful what you both had to endure!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Is this spec savers by any chance?? They’re so overboard still!!!
even the hospitals don’t take as much precautionary measures as they do. I went to one a few weeks ago, they checked my temp, made me wear gloves & a mask. I had to sit so far away from anyone else, they wouldn’t allow me to pick glasses that I was going to buy, they had to pick them for me!
I hope you get somewhere with your complaint, it sounds awful what you both had to endure!
Yes!!! Specsavers! Absolute cunts. I noticed them doing that with people picking glasses an elderly lady had picked a pair up and set them back and the staff member lifted them up and said something along the lines of don’t you dare lift any of these glasses until you ask me and never set them back you hand them to me we’ve to wash these after you get your germs on them.

Thought it was disgusting the lady obviously wasn’t getting much assistance so tried to take matters into her own hands! I will be including that in my complaint too as I don’t think it’s necessary to speak to someone like that, they could of relayed their policy in a much friendlier tone!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Yes!!! Specsavers! Absolute cunts. I noticed them doing that with people picking glasses an elderly lady had picked a pair up and set them back and the staff member lifted them up and said something along the lines of don’t you dare lift any of these glasses until you ask me and never set them back you hand them to me we’ve to wash these after you get your germs on them.

Thought it was disgusting the lady obviously wasn’t getting much assistance so tried to take matters into her own hands! I will be including that in my complaint to as I don’t think it’s necessary to speak to someone like that, they could of relayed their policy in a much friendlier tone!
I was in TK Maxx a few weeks ago for sunglasses, you could pick up and try as much as you liked without needing any staff member! And I bet I managed not to kill anyone either.

Reactions: 7

Thought it was disgusting the lady obviously wasn’t getting much assistance so tried to take matters into her own hands! I will be including that in my complaint too as I don’t think it’s necessary to speak to someone like that, they could of relayed their policy in a much friendlier tone!
absolutely ridiculous!! They are taking things way overboard in my opinion!!
I wasn’t able to pick glasses cause there was ‘too many people’on the shop floor.
I said to them, ‘that’s not my fault, you should organise your appointments better so that there’s not too many people in one area at one time’
So I ended up just picking a pair of glasses after the woman went up & down to the display about 50 times, I’d had enough and so had she! Once they were ready and I put them on they looked stupid. Luckily they let me return them & I swapped for a new pair. I told them I would like to choose some that I like this time & actually try them on properly, it was the manager looking after me this time so things were totally different!
she was actually quite accommodating!
you’ll have to let us know how you get on with your complaint!

I'm still choosing to wear my mask in shops, cafes, etc (apart from when I've sat down). Whereas most people don't seem to be in my local area, so I'm the one getting looks now.

Not that I care. I'll continue to wear my mask for now, regardless of what anyone else thinks. I don't see why they care... if I had covid, they'd be safer!

Reactions: 4