No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I commute into London and my mask goes on as I get out of the car stays on during train, bus and walk and comes off at my desk same in reverse when leaving at the end of the day and when I go out at lunchtime, also at weekend when going to the shops. I am double jabbed. I haven’t been out to a pub or restaurant etc.
Have you not changed what you do at all since restrictions were relaxed? It’s interesting to read this - no one I know is still wearing a mask like that. What will make you stop do you think?

Reactions: 3
Have you not changed what you do at all since restrictions were relaxed? It’s interesting to read this - no one I know is still wearing a mask like that. What will make you stop do you think?
I am not sure, to be honest, I am self employed and live alone, I don’t qualify for any assistance, if I don’t work I don’t get paid. Maybe when the rates fall and I have my third jab? I don’t know really

• Heart
Reactions: 5
How do you lot feel about staff in restaurants not wearing masks?
It doesn't bother me either way, it should be a personal choice. People are starting to go back to offices now, the number of seasonal coughs and colds will start to increase so if somebody feels they should wear one, up to them. The only thing that concerns me is that a regular cold can start off with covid type symptoms. I am full of cold this week and Monday had a high temperature, cough and lost of taste and smell. I was pretty sure it was just a cold but took a covid test as I'm back in the office full time next week. No open windows and rubbish air con. Give it a few weeks the the 50 of us back in will be taking tests again. Its never ending.

Reactions: 1
Well I went out out last night. Not a mask to be seen. Busy bars, people dancing, no toilet roll left. Its the most pre covid experience I've had.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I barely see people wearing masks now but I don’t know if it’s just because they don’t register with me anymore 🤷‍♀️

How do you lot feel about staff in restaurants not wearing masks?
Don’t mind this, but I do think chefs should wear some sort of face covering. Forgetting covid I’ve thought this for years. I am well aware how hot kitchens get, but there must be something to make it work

An astonishing number of people where I live in the south east are still wearing masks even if they are outdoors.

I am not anti mask in general but I do get extremely upset at the thought we'll never be free of them, that there are so many who advocate masking forever for reasons that seem more due to their own mental health issues than Coronavirus (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...o-keep-masking-its-like-an-invisibility-cloak). I resent that even though I've a valid reason for not being able to wear mine in the warmer weather due to allergies and breathing problems I get dirty looks on the rare times I'm out and about.

I support people who wear them for health issues but those like the ones in the Guardian article make me absolutely furious.

Urgh. Have to wear one at my gp surgery. I don't know how difficult it is to understand that some of us absolutely can't wear one. I've now spent the last several hours with a headache. And no one seems to have considered the problem many of us who are hard of hearing have.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Urgh. Have to wear one at my gp surgery. I don't know how difficult it is to understand that some of us absolutely can't wear one. I've now spent the last several hours with a headache. And no one seems to have considered the problem many of us who are hard of hearing have.
I didn’t realise how much I rely on lip reading until we started wearing masks, I can barely hear anything these days.

Hope you’re OK and that your headache clears up soon ❤

• Sad
Reactions: 4
That's horrible. I hope you feel better but it's disgusting they've made you ill in the first place when their job is to prevent suffering.

Reactions: 2
Was in England at the weekend and had to stop at the services, I was one of the only people wearing a mask and it was very busy inside. Very different to here in Wales where majority still do, though I admit mine now comes down under my nose unless I’m close to other people

Was in England at the weekend and had to stop at the services, I was one of the only people wearing a mask and it was very busy inside. Very different to here in Wales where majority still do, though I admit mine now comes down under my nose unless I’m close to other people
Yeah it’s the same in Scotland masks everywhere

Reactions: 1
Can you get one of those lanyard things? It’s not fair it’s making you ill.

So our work place is saying its still mandatory for staff to wear masks. Customers don't have to wear them nor does anyone else who comes on the premises. They are now saying its HR policy for staff to wear them with in the work place! Wtf is that all about.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It's policy to wear them at work but I pretty much never do. Many customers still do though.
I only wear them when I go out with my mum (she makes me lol) and to match them to my outfit, I like them as an accessory always have even pre-covid.

Nearly everyone I've seen that is still wearing a mask, isn't wearing it properly!

Have also noticed, people who wouldn't wear one when we had to are now wearing them!

Reactions: 4