No need for face masks after 19th July!

Will you still wear a face mask after 19th July?

• yes

Votes: 469 52.6%
  • no

Votes: 320 35.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 103 11.5%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So the PM has declared there will be no need for face masks from 19th July, discuss....

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I will in busy places like supermarkets and buses. In future, if I was at work with a cold etc I probably would then, too.

Reactions: 30
Oh, no. How else am I going to mouth “duck off” to people in public without them noticing?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Yes. I’m having a High risk pregnancy with chances of a small gestational size baby, premature birth and even still birth. Catching COVID during pregnancy increases the chances of that even more so. So it’s a no brainer for me. My masks will stay.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
What exactly did Boris say was the reason for this? Is it over? Or are we being let out again whilst the NHS "can cope"?

Reactions: 8
I was fuming at the brief. Boris says no masks and social distancing. Whitty says he will continue to wear them under certain conditions. Journalists voice concerns over the lifting of such restrictions when cases are rising (yes vaccinations are going well and doing what they are meant to be doing) but there are many who have only had 1 dose of vaccine. UK is the only country in the world lifting restrictions on this level.

Too many conflicting things being said. As usual it is never concise.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Boris is an absolute roaster, just do the opposite of whatever he advises.
It's time folk used common sense & took responsibility for their own actions, Covid won't be going away, viruses continually mutate & adapt.
I'd imagine we'll need an annual booster jag or suchlike every year.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yeah they're saying people will need a third vaccine come September. At least they did say that the other day, I don't even know why I bother trying to keep up anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Don’t agree with it at all.
So we needed facemasks and distancing and lockdowns at 2k cases but not at 25k cases a day? Having Vaccines at our disposal isn’t an excuse as there’s still millions waiting on their vaccines and they keep saying we’re not protected from delta until 3 weeks after second jab. Wouldn’t have such an issue if everyone who wanted a vaccine had chance to have had both, and cases were a lot lower than what they currently are.
Next lockdown won’t be far off now

• Heart
Reactions: 20
In certain circumstances I don’t think I will be wearing a mask but I’m going to keep one in my bag.

I don’t know what to think anymore to be honest. On the one hand I know we have to get back to normal eventually but I think I know more people that are catching covid now more than ever and they are wanting to lift restrictions nothing seems to make sense.

That coupled with the fact it felt like Chris Whitty was ready to go ham on Boris’ arse today it just makes me feel come Autumn/Winter will we be getting another lockdown where Boris basically blames us for going to the pub & nightclubs and going to the corner shop without a mask.

Reactions: 10
I can't wait to be rid of them.

They caused me to develop a fungal skin infection when they were introduced last year which took months of prescription creams to clear up.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
People here in Ireland are praising this madness, the mind boggles.

I have to remind people that this is the country with an investigation pending into gross mismanagement by the former Health Minister and a PM who has demonstrated dishonesty and ineptitude in almost equal measure. I do not expect a government of loyal but deeply unimpressive ministers to make the correct decisions. It's worth remembering that the PM has a history of blunders, both PR and policy related. The most likely outcome is not optimistic.

• Heart
Reactions: 11