No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Must be awful for people to wear masks all day at work.
i keep mine down on my chin unless a customer comes up to me - luckily my managers work upstairs and im no 'anti masker' and understand the importance of them/dont usually mind wearing them but the shop i work in has NO air conditioning and its in the middle of a mall, i spend 8 hours a day running around with heavy clothes dressing stands and changing the fronts around

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Today was my first day out and about, going to shops.

I took a mask with me just in case. I went in Peacocks, Boots, Superdrug, TK Maxx, H & M and the litmus test for me, M & S including food hall. The results were 50/50 for masks and non masks, including the retail staff. I didn’t wear one. I was not challenged or looked at askance. Felt liberated. If you are worried about the censure if you don’t wear one, don’t be. Everybody is minding their own business.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I got my first glare from a masked person today. Popped into a BP/M&S shop and was given proper evils from a woman in a carer/nurse blue uniform.
She actually invaded my personal space so I assume she thinks her wearing masks means she can be a rude twunt

Reactions: 15
I got my first glare from a masked person today. Popped into a BP/M&S shop and was given proper evils from a woman in a carer/nurse blue uniform.
She actually invaded my personal space so I assume she thinks her wearing masks means she can be a rude twunt
Wow any decent nurse or carer knows not to wear their uniform into a shop anyway! What she was doing was way worse than you not wearing a mask :rolleyes:

edit: of course there are times when they may have to obviously but we are strongly encouraged not to wear our uniform into a shop. Especially during covid times

Reactions: 12
I have had the week off work and had the best week. Life has improved dramatically for me since the restrictions have eased. Especially mentally

Ive not had much independence for 2 years as I was in a psychiatric hospital and recovering for a lot of 2019. Then the world turned upside down and things have been hard.
So I felt this was the week to try and get back to me and it was fab. Have been to a cafe and swimming on my own. Went clothes shopping in lots of shops.
People say they don't understand why people struggle with masks and restrictions but we are all so different with different life experiences. What works and is ok for some can be the opposite for me and vice versa.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
All the shops near me are asking to keep the masks on. The cases in my area are creeping up so I don't mind. My daughter works in a restaurant kitchen and she has to wear hers still. The one thing I do more now is shop online. I do not enjoy walking around the shops and a lot of the fitting rooms are closed.

Reactions: 1
Went to the salon today for my mani pedi and my technician said she didn’t want to wear a mask and I told her I don’t mind her not wearing one but she said her boss threatened to sack anyone not wearing one!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Must be awful for people to wear masks all day at work.
We only have to wear them when we open, so in the morning beforehand we don't. Some of us also don't wear them on the tills because we're behind the plastic screen. We have air con so it's cool tbh no one really minds it's just normal for us now.

Reactions: 1
This is the funniest thing I've read, the local church sent a message round on Facebook saying you can come back in and join services etc but its bread only at communion and all singing must be done whilst wearing a mask!. How mad is that?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
To echo @Blond3g1rl and their experience I got my first glare today from a masked person today was also in M&S too.
Well I say masked he had one of those face shields on you know the ones? Open at the bottom ready to just breathe in the big scary germs.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
To echo @Blond3g1rl and their experience I got my first glare today from a masked person today was also in M&S too.
Well I say masked he had one of those face shields on you know the ones? Open at the bottom ready to just breathe in the big scary germs.
In my M & S I was surprised that the “unmasked” were all ages, male and female, different races, including elderly people. There wasn’t one demographic, it was every category of people.

Reactions: 7
In my M & S I was surprised that the “unmasked” were all ages, male and female, different races, including elderly people. There wasn’t one demographic, it was every category of people.
I walked in M&S yesterday and immediately past the entrance noone had a mask! At least 20 people all ages no mask 🥳

As I got further round there were more masks, but it was still more maskless than masked.

Reactions: 5
I’ve definitely noticed more maskless people towards the end of this week rather than the beginning. Waitrose yesterday was still mostly masked bar one staff member and a few elderly shoppers but Aldi had about 70/30 split of masked to unmasked.

Reactions: 4
This is the funniest thing I've read, the local church sent a message round on Facebook saying you can come back in and join services etc but its bread only at communion and all singing must be done whilst wearing a mask!. How mad is that?
One of the many reasons nobody goes to Church anymore

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This is a pretty boring post but just wanted to say how free I felt today for the first time

I was in Costa, I wore my mask up until I sat down with my coffee, then as I finished I went to the toilet with my mask on, dropped my mask on the floor (single toilet so I took it off), I couldn’t bring myself to put it back on after it had been on the dirty floor.
So I walked back out into the cafe without it on and straight out the door. I smiled at a lady.
And I didn’t feel guilty like I thought I would, it felt good!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is a pretty boring post but just wanted to say how free I felt today for the first time

I was in Costa, I wore my mask up until I sat down with my coffee, then as I finished I went to the toilet with my mask on, dropped my mask on the floor (single toilet so I took it off), I couldn’t bring myself to put it back on after it had been on the dirty floor.
So I walked back out into the cafe without it on and straight out the door. I smiled at a lady.
And I didn’t feel guilty like I thought I would, it felt good!
You shouldn't ever feel guilty about something about something that's been our way of life since we've all been born.

I think some people need to remember that

Reactions: 17