No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two supermarkets in two days and Costa without a mask and even better, a store worker in sainsburys was peeling all the keep your distance stickers off the floor and it was a glorious sight to behold!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I was on the circle line (London) today and 98% of people had masks on

Reactions: 2
Went to aldi today and didn’t wear a mask. Staff had them on but I’d say customer wise it was 50/50

Reactions: 1
Not worn masks since it was officially dropped and nobody bats an eyelid now. Once people see others not wearing them they generally tend to take them off. We're going the right way.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I’ve seen on Facebook a tearoom near my mum & dad are now saying wearing a mask is company policy for both staff & customers.

I don’t understand the logic in them potentially turning away an unmasked person and letting someone come in wearing a dirty cloth mask under their nose come in.

I personally don’t mind if people wear a mask or they don’t whatever they feel comfortable with but I do wonder how many more places will follow suit and say it’s policy to be masked.
Reduces the risk of them having to close and lose money. A local tea room was closed yesterday due to lack of staff due to them all isolating.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I will be wearing a mask and avoiding places where people aren’t wearing them. It was the wrong decision to make masks not mandatory IMO - cases are rising and will surely rise more in the 2 weeks following the football.

I personally don’t get why people hate masks so much but each to their own I guess.

For a number of reasons but mostly I have very vulnerable family member being cared for palliatively at home and want to mitigate the risk of infecting her/other family members. Also worry about getting Covid and having to isolate and miss her funeral.

If I have to stay inside for the new few months then so be it.

Reactions: 8
People hate masks for a myriad of reasons @justbeingnosy98 - some people find them de-humanising, some find them physically uncomfortable, some people have suffered traumas involving hands over face and it triggers them, some people resent the instruction that you have to wear something, some don’t believe that they are effective. Not an exhaustive list, we are all different, we all have our reasons.

Best wishes for the next few months💐

Reactions: 15
Really nice coming out of a shop not wearing a mask and it being warm, it feels like I'm on holiday in the med 💃

I do think people that like wearing masks should wear proper medical ones because they've been shown to be far more effective than the bits of cloth / dental masks that most are wearing.

Reactions: 12
Really nice coming out of a shop not wearing a mask and it being warm, it feels like I'm on holiday in the med 💃

I do think people that like wearing masks should wear proper medical ones because they've been shown to be far more effective than the bits of cloth / dental masks that most are wearing.
I don’t like wearing mine and I did try and get medical masks, but it was impossible, I do have high grade filters though

Went shopping today for the first time in a long time. Was so nice to shop normally again. About 50 -75% also not wearing masks. All ages.
got the train there and back, was absolutely sweltering, not the weather for masks at all.
So nice to feel normal again i already feel happier

I don’t like wearing mine and I did try and get medical masks, but it was impossible, I do have high grade filters though
I think now they're easily available, but most aren't because people don't care or lower profit margins.

There was a hospital that invested in getting proper medical grade ppe rather than just anything they can at the start of the pandemic and they apparently had significantly better outcomes compared to the national average.

Reactions: 1
Went to a supermarket today, maskless… it was probably 50/50 on the mask situation,

Felt weird at first like I had forgotten something but it was very freeing.

Reactions: 3
I attended a baby group this morning and we still had to wear the masks while moving around the room, but sitting down we didn’t need too. They have opened up all of the toilets & baby changing now but would like the masks to stay. Fair play, I’m happy to comply as there are babies involved. Then again, trying to bond with my baby with a mask on isn’t exactly the aim I’m going for, he smiles so much when I talk to him without it, but when I’ve got it on he looks at me like I’m a stranger

I feel like they should stop showing us the daily cases & deaths, it’s scaring people

They have already said that Covid is here to stay, it’s about how we all live with it.

I appreciate not everyone will agree with me on this so I’m open to debate
When is it time that we do just live with this virus like we do the flu? In China, before the pandemic, they would wear masks if they were ill and keep their distance. Could be a good method for us?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Masks now just seem to be a badge of the Guardian reading virtue signallers — who don’t hesitate to boast all about it on social media. I went to Sainsbury’s yesterday and it was about 50/50. It’s a big Sainsbury’s so at no point did I even get close to anyone.
Face masks are the 2021 version of a pin badge/social media profile pic banner. The amount of people on twitter saying they wear them - not because they think they stop the spread of the virus - because it makes other people feel safer. It's the ultimate symbol of "I care more than you people who do not wear masks". If it makes them feel morally superior then crack on, I really couldn't give a tit.

Reactions: 16
Face masks are the 2021 version of a pin badge/social media profile pic banner. The amount of people on twitter saying they wear them - not because they think they stop the spread of the virus - because it makes other people feel safer. It's the ultimate symbol of "I care more than you people who do not wear masks". If it makes them feel morally superior then crack on, I really couldn't give a tit.
I wonder how many of them were storming the supermarkets at the beginning of the pandemic grabbing toilet roll and pasta with mo masks or screens or social distancing not giving a hot about others or the staff

Reactions: 8
Went to aldi today and didn’t wear a mask. Staff had them on but I’d say customer wise it was 50/50
Staff still have to wear them for a while longer. Not sure when we'll be allowed to take them off.

People hate masks for a myriad of reasons @justbeingnosy98 - some people find them de-humanising, some find them physically uncomfortable, some people have suffered traumas involving hands over face and it triggers them, some people resent the instruction that you have to wear something, some don’t believe that they are effective. Not an exhaustive list, we are all different, we all have our reasons.

Best wishes for the next few months💐
Thank you that’s kind ❤

Just to clarify - I 100% understand if masks are triggering in any way to people, or those suffering from panic attacks etc and I do really sympathise. I think definitely you should be able to wear a mask without worrying about being judged.

I just mean I don’t get why a lot of the general public are so anti mask - I see comments on social media saying things like masks are “enforced slavery”!

But as I say to each their own, it’s easy for me to say they aren’t a big deal when I barely leave my house 😂 the longest I’ve had to wear a mask was a couple of hours at the hairdressers.