No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to Sainsburys today and it was around 90% with masks and 10% without. I think the trend is the more upmarket the shop the more masks are worn. Probably in places like Waitrose they wear a full Hazmat suit.
Strangely enough there seemed to be more Perspex screens at the staffed checkouts and none at all now at the self scan?. Previously it was like being in David Blaine's Glass box at the self scan.

I don't get that though. I live in a very affluent village old money mostly, and no one here wears a mask maybe in town they might but not in the village.. most don't even bag up the dog tit and it drives the people in the new estates that are going up, bonkers because most of them like to decorate the bushes with them 😁

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I've done it......braved M&S food hall with no mask ;) in actual fact out of all the shops i've been in today (ikea, the range, TK Maxx) M&S was the one with fewest people in masks, they had signs as you enter and throughout the store saying masks are your personal choice.

Reactions: 7
Train company announced face covering to be worn and to socially distance
What service do you use? I’m Thames link in and out of London and they only request if it is busy. There is about 90% of people wearing them. I haven’t but I do certainly feel odd.

Reactions: 1
UK government- where the fate of a nation relys on a game of spin the bottle by baffoons with the brains of a 12 year old boy.

Reactions: 3
What service do you use? I’m Thames link in and out of London and they only request if it is busy. There is about 90% of people wearing them. I haven’t but I do certainly feel odd.
Southern in and out of London they are getting busier

I went to Sainsburys today and it was around 90% with masks and 10% without. I think the trend is the more upmarket the shop the more masks are worn. Probably in places like Waitrose they wear a full Hazmat suit.
Strangely enough there seemed to be more Perspex screens at the staffed checkouts and none at all now at the self scan?. Previously it was like being in David Blaine's Glass box at the self scan.
This is quality 🤣🤣🤣

In Aldi they still have a booming announcement over tannoy saying you MUST wear a mask unless exempt or you may be asked to leave
Sign on the door says personal choice please continue wearing one if you can
🥴

I didn’t along with a handful of other people. Still can’t believe how many are still wearing, I do wonder how many are only wearing cos of peer pressure

Reactions: 8
Madness! I must say I haven’t noticed a reduction in service we run about every 20 mins but they delays and cancellations at back… yay!
I didn’t pay for my ticket last week, all compensation, delays/cancellations have been awful. we went to 1 an hour last year and less carriages

• Sad
My husband has just come back from a Waitrose. Saw quite a few people without masks, including staff.

So I’ve just been to smyths toy store & then the range, I wanted to be strong and not wear one in either store. But I lasted all of 2 mins, so many judgy looks…so I just put it back on. Obviously I left my back bone at home

• Sad
So I’ve just been to smyths toy store & then the range, I wanted to be strong and not wear one in either store. But I lasted all of 2 mins, so many judgy looks…so I just put it back on. Obviously I left my back bone at home
Im sorry to hear you were made to feel uncomfortable it's not on Hopefully you will have better experiences in oyher shops.

I hope those judging people for not wearing masks and not 'protecting' people continue to isolate when they come.into contact with an infected person when it is no longer illegal. Hopefully the same beliefs apply to that especially considering it's a higher risk to other

im still wearing my mask in shops and public transport
surgical masks in this heat while pregnant doesnt really phase me as its nothing compared to what i have to wear at work

Reactions: 3
I’ve seen on Facebook a tearoom near my mum & dad are now saying wearing a mask is company policy for both staff & customers.

I don’t understand the logic in them potentially turning away an unmasked person and letting someone come in wearing a dirty cloth mask under their nose come in.

I personally don’t mind if people wear a mask or they don’t whatever they feel comfortable with but I do wonder how many more places will follow suit and say it’s policy to be masked.

Reactions: 8
I’ve seen on Facebook a tearoom near my mum & dad are now saying wearing a mask is company policy for both staff & customers.

I don’t understand the logic in them potentially turning away an unmasked person and letting someone come in wearing a dirty cloth mask under their nose come in.

I personally don’t mind if people wear a mask or they don’t whatever they feel comfortable with but I do wonder how many more places will follow suit and say it’s policy to be masked.

One thing i don’t understand is why a mask from door to table is necessary but sitting down is fine!? Does covid not spread when sat down?

Ridiculous, if they want to lose customers and more money then that’s up to them I suppose.

Reactions: 11
One thing i don’t understand is why a mask from door to table is necessary but sitting down is fine!? Does covid not spread when sat down?

Ridiculous, if they want to lose customers and more money then that’s up to them I suppose.
I’ve never understood this either, obviously you can’t eat and drink wearing a mask but you spend longer unmasked than masked.

Last edited:
Masks now just seem to be a badge of the Guardian reading virtue signallers — who don’t hesitate to boast all about it on social media. I went to Sainsbury’s yesterday and it was about 50/50. It’s a big Sainsbury’s so at no point did I even get close to anyone.

Reactions: 11