Niomi Smart #7 by her Royal decree, Joey is free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like though, she showed more emotion in that 2018 vlog that she did in other vlogs. You could see the disappointment and upset, quite a contrast to the vlog announcing they separated.

Agree about the communication issues (and expectation management?) between the two was patchy.

Reactions: 11
But before she announced it ..we know what all she did on her instagram ..she announced it when all the upset acts were out of it system.

Reactions: 2
it is also possible that he was just working? my friend works in a uni and when things are busy she literally works till 10pm, plus weekends! and if he'd just been to india there was probs stuff to update his team/manager on. this pressure is usually the case when you're lower down in the company, you feel more of the responsibility cause you've got all the little bits and bobs to do, and don't want to let people down.

i acc don't think it's that unreasonable to be working a lot straight after a flight, that's just life when work is busy.
he then has a couple days off after to go see niomi's family with her so maybe he needed to get everything done before then.
the weird thing was the lack of communication/niomi's ignorance to joe's job, and her expecting that he would just have as much free time as her! did he not explain his work to her??

i also understand that he could have been avoiding her, but maybe more because he was busy and would be irritated at her lack of work tit to do, rather than because of cheating. imagine how little she does with her work day!!!

in saying that, i did also feel bad for her a lot in those two videos, the next couple are really nice though!
Yeah I agree, also apparently he was the CMO for the Rajasthan royals (the IPL team), I’m sure that would entail long hours and tons of work (even if he wasn’t CMO before moving to India, he’d have been at a pretty senior level I guess to be able to transition to that kind of role?)

Reactions: 4
I've worked those kind of hours before, and when you have deadlines to meet you don't always have that choice.

Referring to earlier comments about people that aren't the CEO and work crazy happens - it definitely still happens.

Only last week I worked until 9pm in the office then came home to carry on working until midnight. I then left for the office again at 6.30am the next day!

Probably doesn't help that I'm on Tattle daily haha.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
This is so bizarre. Who leaves for work at 6am and doesn't come home until late at night?
Do you guys work really hard in London or something?! :unsure: We don't here in Australia... if someone told me to work that late I'd tell them to duck off.
im from London but for me that's not normal, especially around xmas, for me that is really weird . also the fact they hadn't talked in person and hes clearly just texted her "i can't do tonight" . she seems upset imo

Reactions: 6
Commenting on old vlogs from 2018 now and saying that there were already signs is a bit much imo. Maybe he really just didn't want a camera in his face that evening.
I think they were happy for a long while and then covid happened with Joe losing his job and them having to spend every minute together. That takes a toll on a lot of couples.
(*prepares to get further angry emojis again just like my mask comment 🙄)

Reactions: 15
Everyone was speculating that the gift advent was building up to a proposal and when Joe eventually came back, I assumed from Niomi's reaction that she was also expecting something similar. It was a sweet gesture only to end up on a low note but unless I'm mixing up the years, I still don't get why Niomi thought it would be a stellar choice to schedule freaking ice skating to follow an exhausting long haul flight. If it were me who was traveling, the most I'd expect from the rest of my day would be unpacking, a shower and maybe dinner in front of the tv but maybe I'm just dead inside lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Everyone was speculating that the gift advent was building up to a proposal and when Joe eventually came back, I assumed from Niomi's reaction that she was also expecting something similar. It was a sweet gesture only to end up on a low note but unless I'm mixing up the years, I still don't get why Niomi thought it would be a stellar choice to schedule freaking ice skating to follow an exhausting long haul flight. If it were me who was traveling, the most I'd expect from the rest of my day would be unpacking, a shower and maybe dinner in front of the tv but maybe I'm just dead inside lol.
The ice skating was the day after though. The day he flew back she just wanted to see him at home and cook dinner for him.

I don't know how he managed to go to work after a long flight. He must've stank!

Reactions: 14
I think she said in one of the lockdown vlogs that she's a scheduler, and likes to fill their weekends with lots of activities etc. So the ice skating sounds like her doing that. She doesn't leave a lot of time for rest in general. That would be hard for anyone with a 9-5.

Imagine going from India to a bloody ice rink, though. The bloke's ballsack would retreat back into his body just to stay warm.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

She's so annoying in this Q&A. She talks like a perfect robot who is speculating what it must be like to be a measly human. "How do you deal with your body changing as you get older?" "Oh, I've not really noticed anything... I guess that will happen" "How did you stick with your law degree" "I suppose I'm not someone who gives up" "Does your weight ever fluctuate" "Hmmm no it's always the same".

Interestingly though she talks about heartbreak at 23:45. Again she sounds like she's pretending to know what it's like but looks speculative like she's never had a real hardship before. Kind of sad knowing what's coming.

Reactions: 15
Anyone else kinda disappointed that she didn't go with a cool bob haircut when she got her hair done a short while ago? She always goes for those really boring style options. I know she is posh and rigid but I was really hoping for a fun new hairstyle that isn't so bland as a start of a new reinventing herself era. Sadly no such thing. 😒

Reactions: 12
It depends. My husband has at least one month of the year where he works crazy hours with a big project. Pre covid when he was at the office, he would leave for work around 5:30 am and because of traffic and get home around 6 pm. If he is working on a project, he can be working until very late, around 11 pm, often though he will try to do that work at home in his home office so we can at least eat dinner together.
I'm sure he would then love to be filmed during dinner and served a tiny bowl of soup no bread or toast allowed 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 12

This seemed a bookend to the 2018 vlogmas one. From 5.00 Joe had just come back from stag weekend with the boys and came straight to see her and work from home. Sad to think it was only months before December 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
OK it makes sense that in some jobs it is possible to work 14 hours a day at certain times. However, I still can't get my head around not being able to come home after a long-haul flight just for a quick shower ... I don't believe as a CMO you don't have the right to decide on this.
Also if it was really work he must have known it in advance, at least right before the flight (I can't imagine he got a call at the airport upon arrival and was ordered to go straight to work :unsure:) and let Niomi know not to expect him home. Something was definitely off there.

Reactions: 14
I assumed he didn’t come home because he still had work to do, which thinking about it is rather odd considering he just got off an international flight...

And if it was because he didn’t want to come home to a tiny bowl of veg soup and no bread, well then he could have bloody ended it then couldn’t he.

Reactions: 11
I am a bit late to the party but from the vlog with her mum at Soho farmhouse and the statement at the beginning it seems to me that she was totally dumped by Joe and Niomi is now trying to polish the turd that is her life. No, everything was not beautiful and magical. If it was beautiful and magical you would still be together - most relationships have lots of problems way before it finally ends. Joe clearly proposed to try and fix the relationship somehow or he felt pressured to propose. If this was just a 'COVID is stressful' break up then I would have expected a reconciliation by now, but it's been weeks and they are still broken up.

I think as pretty and sweet as Niomi comes across she is probably just impossible to live with. The smoothie bowls and hiding food from him is the headliner, but there will be a ton of stuff - this is just the tip of the iceberg. I have a friend who tries to control what her husband eats and he looks skeletal because news flash! Men generally need to eat more than women. Starving your other half because of your own strict diet regime is abusive.

• Sad
Reactions: 36

This seemed a bookend to the 2018 vlogmas one. From 5.00 Joe had just come back from stag weekend with the boys and came straight to see her and work from home. Sad to think it was only months before December 2018.
her constant use of literally is driving me mad... OT but does anyone else think Venetia looks so much skinnier now than in this video? I think she looks much better here tbh

Reactions: 5
her constant use of literally is driving me mad... OT but does anyone else think Venetia looks so much skinnier now than in this video? I think she looks much better here tbh
Alfie Deyes does this too - constantly uses 'literally' to emphasise sentences. If you start counting how many times he says it - it's like 4,000 times per video 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Alfie Deyes does this too - constantly uses 'literally' to emphasise sentences. If you start counting how many times he says it - it's like 4,000 times per video 😂
Alfie Deyes is ‘literally’ a prick

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.