Niomi Smart #7 by her Royal decree, Joey is free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably not quite that much - most likely around £1.7 - £2.3k a month, judging by the ones that look similar on rightmove.
Probably on the upper end of that. We were renting a blah 2 bedroom flat right off Lordship Lane in East Dulwich SOR and were paying £1550...

Guys!! The poor guy probably didn’t want to come home to yet more vegan/vegetarian food...especially not Niomi’s so he met up with his mates at the pub for a pint of Guinness and steak & chips. The next day he stood her up because this time round he wanted good old fashioned bangers and mash.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this before but what do ye make of the proposal?? I just re watched the vlog and to be honest it seems like a rushed thoughtless, half assed job. He proposed on the beach in the wind and cold weather, didnt check out if restaurants near by are open?!?!(they mention this in the vlog). I know all engagements dont have to be a huge spectacle but Joe knows Niomi is an influencer and part of her job is instagram/YouTube and she was blogging the trip!surely he would have made it a bit more special/pretty if he really loved her as popping out a bright green ring on the beach in winter is a bit bland dont you think?????

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I've just checked her stories. So is that work for her today? Yoga, a shopping trip at Selfridges and picking up her teeth braces?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Everyone was speculating that the gift advent was building up to a proposal and when Joe eventually came back, I assumed from Niomi's reaction that she was also expecting something similar. It was a sweet gesture only to end up on a low note but unless I'm mixing up the years, I still don't get why Niomi thought it would be a stellar choice to schedule freaking ice skating to follow an exhausting long haul flight. If it were me who was traveling, the most I'd expect from the rest of my day would be unpacking, a shower and maybe dinner in front of the tv but maybe I'm just dead inside lol.
See that’s the thing about her. She probably forced him to cook with her after a long day of work or go do yoga and at first it was fun, then got annoying. She can’t help it when she gets so much praise from her followers for being active and not lazy. She really believes she has so much energy.

I personally find it harder to go back to work after I’ve come home and seen my comfy couch and bed. I would much rather go straight to work if I was having a busy day.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Yeh I agree - you never know. I’ve done a long haul flight a couple times now landing and gone straight to work. Could be as simple as work was in the direction of home so he popped in? I couldn’t think of anything worse than getting off a long flight when you’re absolutely buggered and heading home to your clingy partner and getting a camera shoved in your face. “How was your flight Joeyyyyy. Here, I’ve got a feel new tea and a smoothie for you Joeyyyyy...”
Does anyone think he might have actually popped over to Freddies flat instead of being at work to sleep and relax?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this before but what do ye make of the proposal?? I just re watched the vlog and to be honest it seems like a rushed thoughtless, half assed job. He proposed on the beach in the wind and cold weather, didnt check out if restaurants near by are open?!?!(they mention this in the vlog). I know all engagements dont have to be a huge spectacle but Joe knows Niomi is an influencer and part of her job is instagram/YouTube and she was blogging the trip!surely he would have made it a bit more special/pretty if he really loved her as popping out a bright green ring on the beach in winter is a bit bland dont you think?????
I’m curious whether he would have proposed if it wasn’t for their move to India, I think no. My guess is either they discussed it as part of her moving to India that they’d make it official, or he proposed because she was making a sacrifice for him, and he wanted to show him that he’s committed to the relationship as well. I think this is why it seemed rushed. If he wanted to propose, he could have done it on that fancy trip they had taken just a couple months earlier to Indonesia. I think their weekend getaway was the only opportunity between accepting the position, his trip to India, Christmas, and moving. Given that gift basket thing he did counting down the days til he came home in 2018, I would have expected him to put a bit more into the proposal if he had the time. For the record, the proposal wasn’t bad at all IMO- I think it was nice, but it surprised me to see it play out the way it did. And I’d guess logistics were partially why.

He may have had doubts or annoyances at the time, but I don’t think he realized it. Half the comments in the past few pages are about how he was frequently traveling for work, and working crazy hours when he came back. Whether there’s a sinister explanation or not, they clearly didn’t spend much time together prior to India and lockdown. I think being together so much just brought all the little issues to surface. Just IMO.

• Angry
Reactions: 27
How dare you, I’m sure she checked her emails! 😉
I love (i.e. hate) when influencers talk about their “work” when, really, they mean that they’ve checked their email.

It’s something they all say and is a very strange delusion.

• Angry
Reactions: 28
Alfie Deyes does this too - constantly uses 'literally' to emphasise sentences. If you start counting how many times he says it - it's like 4,000 times per video 😂
Her vocab is pretty poor, thank god she only wrote a cookbook, her memoires would have been a literal nightmare. She can't even express how and what she feels properly, everyting is either "amazing" and "gorgeous" "literraly", or she' s "excited". Like if this was a drinking game we'd all be on the floor by minute 4 into the video.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Bit of a reach but the recent Emily Ratowski essay got me thinking about image. Joes image was used in EVERY niomi vlog that did views and did he get compensation? Unlikely! I know i know should be on niomis side here but was just thinking....
It is her job and she was being paid for showing HIM more... what do you all think?

• Angry
Reactions: 18
She is also 'so so' excited and 'OBSESSED' with everything........... arrggghhhhh.

• Haha
  • Angry
So what's happening with her skincare brand? Wtf is she doing? Maybe it isn't going to happen after all.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I actually feel so sorry for her. First night alone in a new / strange flat after a breakup would be very painful and lonely. No matter which way she spins this she will feel humiliated and sad. I think she’s putting on a show so that Joe can’t see her broken. She was probably banking on getting married, having kids and being a stay at home mum with a rich husband and now the future seems a bit bleak trapped in this ‘career’. I did find her quite smug when she was with Joe but I honestly now feel so sorry and sad for her. She’s only 28 so will be fine in the long run.

• Angry
Reactions: 22
Bit of a reach but the recent Emily Ratowski essay got me thinking about image. Joes image was used in EVERY niomi vlog that did views and did he get compensation? Unlikely! I know i know should be on niomis side here but was just thinking....
It is her job and she was being paid for showing HIM more... what do you all think?
OT but that was a great (...literally) read - here for those interested.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
To the new poster above telling us not to bother discussing old vlogs, its's a free thread, we will comment on what we like! bit late to the party, but I find it really really odd that he didn't even come back to drop off his luggage, have a shower and maybe eat before going back to the office. No job would really expect that of you, and he's not some CEO, he wasn't even a CMO at that point, he worked in brand partnerships (it's on his linkedin) and that job certainly doesn't require you to go to the office straight after a long haul business trip, and then a 12 + hour day after.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
bit late to the party! and to the new poster above telling us not to bother discussing old vlogs, its's a free thread, we will comment on what we like! but I find it really really odd that he didn't even come back to drop off his luggage, have a shower and maybe eat before going back to the office. No job would really expect that of you, and he's not some CEO, he wasn't even a CMO at that point, he worked in brand partnerships (it's on his linkedin) and that job certainly doesn't require you to go to the office straight after a long haul business trip, and then a 12 + hour day after.
Could be that they had an argument because she scheduled in too many activities immediately after his return so he decided to stay at his own place. She'd never ever admit to a fight because everything was always so parrrfect

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.