Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

palmer

Chatty Member
Lol so let me get this straight --
- Her range only includes 5 products and one of those is a wash cloth?
- The packaging is completely impractical. Why would you use hand cream packaging à la l'Occitane for a cleanser of all things?? As usual she seems to be prioritizing appearance over substance. I would get so annoyed if I had to use these products. When I go wash my face in the morning I don't want to have to unscrew a tiny little cap and then screw it back on. Give me a pump!
- The price range is unreasonable. Why would I pay Paula's Choice prices for Nimbob's Smart Skin...when I could just get Paula's Choice instead? There's no R&D behind Smart Skin. She's just using formulas that already exist and packaging it all up. She's not investing anything into research for her products.
- It's not even clear looking at the products what ingredients they contain? "Golden Jelly Cleanser," "Miracle Meta Mask"... That doesn't tell me shit. I need to know what I'm putting on my skin. Where is the niacinamide, the hyaluronic acid, the ceramides, the AHA/BHA, the retinol, the vitamin C? Her products don't appear to contain anything of substance apart from glycolic acid.
- The marketing is all OFF. There seems to be more emphasis on her Smart Skin 'muses' (whatever that means to them) and armchair 'inspirational quotes' than the products. 46 posts on their instagram and only ONE shows the products?? WTF???? I can only look at so many pictures of random women wearing a white T and blue jeans before I lose my patience.
- If a brand claims that 100% of its products work for 100% skin types, chances are that brand is trash. Sorry but oily skins shouldn't be using the same products as dry skins. Skins of color shouldn't be using the same products as white skins. I wonder what Dr. Vanita Rattan (who specializes in skin of color) would say about these products...

Conclusion: This brand is useless and stupid. The fact that she has so little to show or say about the products shows that this brand is 100% superficial, no substance to it whatsoever. Don't waste your time -- Niomi clearly didn't waste hers (the photoshoot was probably the most time she ever spent working on that brand).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

earlgrey

VIP Member
Her recent influencer chat video really changed my opinion of her. The things she says in it are completely delusional. I wonder now if it came from a defensive place after a conversation with Joe. I can't believe she can really think and say those things about herself, she's got it so wrong.

She doesn't see herself as an influencer at all, she hates being compared to other influencers because she thinks she's above them, she actually believes she only works with brands that completely align with her ethos (who knows that ethos is because by that logic it can't be anti-animal cruelty or sustainability), she doesn't see herself as someone who is constantly selling, and she thinks she is a private person.

If she's not an influencer, what does she think she is? Something creative? "Content creator"? What is that content? Most of the time, it's selling products. Influencer, walking advert, that is exactly what she is and she genuinely thinks she isn't.

Reactions: 42

CheshireLove

VIP Member
My friend did a 12ish week Yoga course in India last year, quite an advanced one so that she can then teach. I think it was around £1200 or so but with food and accommodation included. Very basic food and place to stay though so she would never have slummed it! The teachers were apparently incredible though, as you would imagine. Much more advanced stuff than Niomi seems to work on.
Yeah but Niomi doesn’t want to learn authentic yoga, she wants Notting Hill, Lululemon yoga. If she trains in that style she can make a fortune teaching it to the kind of women who love that. (You know the kind of women I mean)

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

palmer

Chatty Member
What is this idea of “moving across the world FOR him” though? I see this a lot here and I don’t get it. Moving was a joint decision and Niomi insisted she wanted it very much and was happy to go. Sometimes, as it did for them, one half of a couple gets a work opportunity and you move or you don’t. It’s hardly like Niomi was titled and gave up her crown for Joe or something lol.

Also even if she wasn’t happy to go, it’s not healthy for one half of the couple to hold up the decision to move as a ‘I did this FOR you so you better do xyz’, that gets toxic very quick. You decide to move, then you are all in and in it together. Not “well I did this undesirable thing for you so you better figure out the moving”.
Agreed. Sorry for the personal tangent but I mentioned on here before that a few years ago I moved to a different continent due to my partner's occupation (a country I had never been to prior to moving, just like Niomi). My partner had no choice but to go and I naturally decided to follow him because our relationship was serious enough. My partner wouldn't have forced me but he obviously loved me and wanted to be with me, so was happy that I was willing to move. I wouldn't have moved if it wasn't for him but ultimately it was MY decision to move, and our mutual decision to keep building our life together. I needed a visa to move and I figured it all out by myself + paid for all of the visa fees for myself. I would have never expected my partner to take care of that. In Niomi's case, Joe would have had his own visa figured out by his company because he was moving there for his JOB. It was Niomi who, a week prior to moving, still didn't even know which category of visa she should go for and hadn't even looked into the issue at all. Call me crazy but she should have figured it out herself while Joe was away WORKING for virtually all of December. She had more than enough time (and money) to hire a lawyer or something and figure that shit out. She literally did nothing to prepare in the months prior to moving -- didn't pack, didn't apply for a visa, didn't do her research about the city she was moving to. She was just parading around London doing "christmassy things" and opening up Joe's presents every single day!! Really don't think it's appropriate to blame Joe for not sorting everything out for her when she very well could have. She just expected everything to be done for her / handed out on a silver plate, like everything else in her life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 41

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
No mask yet again, she’s really getting on my tits with this now 😒

I thought you only had to wear a mask in indoor settings in the UK? I'm not from the UK but that's what I thought. I've seen her wear one in a taxi and on a train. Where I'm from they're only mandatory on public transport and in retail settings. Nobody wears them walking around outdoors.

Reactions: 39

EGuyUK

VIP Member
I've worked those kind of hours before, and when you have deadlines to meet you don't always have that choice.

Referring to earlier comments about people that aren't the CEO and work crazy happens - it definitely still happens.

Only last week I worked until 9pm in the office then came home to carry on working until midnight. I then left for the office again at 6.30am the next day!

Probably doesn't help that I'm on Tattle daily haha.

• Haha
  • Wow

earlgrey

VIP Member
I don't think Joe was as boring as he seemed. He was awkward on camera but I definitely saw little snippets of his personality and sense of humour. There were definitely a few moments where he'd say something in a goofy, jokey way but it always went right over Niomi's head, they were on totally different wavelengths.

• Heart

buffyjayne

Chatty Member
I think Joe said 'Niomi this isn't the life for me.' Hence that VERY strange influencer video. Almost like a last attempt for her to keep him and say that's not what I am Joey.
I had a very seemingly 'perfect' relationship and all of a sudden my bf pulled the 'I've been struggling to tell you this for months, but we're not moving in the same direction' card. IT HURT SO BAD. Still does, but that video, her downbeat delivery in it and the points she was trying to get across felt like a conversation she wanted to be having with Joe. Maybe I'm projecting, but that's just my take.
I wish she'd just say I feel like shit!

Reactions: 38
2018 Vlogmas is like one MASSIVE alarm bell. He flies home from India, goes straight to work from the airport, and doesn’t come home until late. She barely sees him because he leaves for work at 6am. She also says that they were meant to be going out for dinner and ice-skating that night but, again, Joe blows her off.

I’m not drinking her everything was magical kool-aid. He was behaving in Dec 2018 like a man on the brink of dumping her. Or like someone having an affair. :confused:

Hi I’m just a lurker but I thought about our gal Niomi in general and wanted to share.
I think the part of the fact that she doesn’t gain new subs, new followers is because she is contradicting herself in everything she does basically. She’s also boring and bland like an old piece of toast but that’s another topic.

Her breakup? One minute she is in tears, the other minute she is SOOOO happy. Does anyone believe her actually? That breakup could have been a chance to find new following who relates to her. She could make a vid (like maybe in a few months) about how to get over a relationship, how it was hard.

Insta/YT is her J O B. She P L A N S and E D I T S what she posts. One minute she’s posting herself crying, the second minute she’s drinking champagne 100% happy? Please. I know that in breakup you can feel really confused and even feel free and sad at the same time but she P L A N S and E D I T S this shit! If she was like „this is not what I thought my life would be like, but I’m trying to find the good side of things” we would feel sorry for her. Men sometimes suck and 90% of her audience would relate. Her actions are not consistent and should have been planned better. She has M A N A G E R S.

Another contracting herself thing - her vegan, natural skincare line. But she also is proud about working with non vegan brands which test on animals. Do you believe her? I don’t. And I don’t think anyone who is vegan will do. She just wanted $$$, not like she cares about it. She is only plant based for health reasons - her choice, that’s okay! But her Smart Skin was supposed to be natural and vegan line for sustainable people… yet all I think about are her trips with Dior. She should be more selective.

She even has a vid titled „ad learning Spanish” ?!wtf?! (I didn’t watch that), makes nooooo sense for her brand. Her channel is just a mess, a pile of ads!

I’m also annoyed by her „sustainable living” because she doesn’t, well, even try to do so. To-go Starbucks cups? You can bring your own cup or drink coffee at home! She also has too many clothes. I understand that she gets them for free, but if she is that sustainable she should just, you know, give them away to charity shops… or even sell. Selling an item you don’t use is giving it a second life, her fans would buy everything in a second and wear for years! She tries to look sustainable but she is just not!

I believe she truly likes three things - vegan food, travelling to fancy places and yoga. If she built her brand just around those, I’d believe her. I’d rather buy a recipe book called „Eat Smart 2: Smoothie bowl weather” than her skincare. She is trying to do everything and she’s just nothing. I only lurk here because I was into Marbobs, Zoella, Tanya etc when I was younger. When she was with them she was nice, the healthy girl into fashion, the gf of Marbobs. New people who find her now though - they get bored and don’t stick around. Look at her subs.

Sorry for the long rant, I know some of those things were mentioned, love reading you girls! ;)

• Angry
  • Heart

eucalyptus

I always thought it was that he did have work to do when he got off the plane and probably could have gone home to drop his bags off and shower, but knew Niomi would really lay on the guilt and make him feel bad if he said he had to do some more work or head back to the office for something. He probably went straight to the office to avoid the confrontation that popping home would've caused and also obviously to fit in one last cheeky steak/big mac

ETA: ALSO I reckon it's important to remember we were seeing all of this through Niomi's eyes. It's possible that Joe was working the normal hours of someone with a real job and real responsibilities. But because Niomi classifies one yoga class as a hectic day of work, in her eyes it was probably completely unreasonable that he wasn't finished with work by 10am every day to run a few 10ks with her

Last edited:
Reactions: 37

Louise123

VIP Member
Maybe the simple truth is she’s a controlling, soulless, entitled princess and he’s a thoughtless, boring plank. They both look dead inside and need to find someone who lights something inside that brings them to life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

earlgrey

VIP Member
These influencers are absolutely psychotic. "Charlotte's always been there for me, she's a true friend, she really pulled through for me... and that leads us perfectly onto today's sponsored product." She can't even speak genuinely about love and friendship without slinging us an advert, no wonder she looks so deeply unhappy.

• Haha

bluesims

I am a bit late to the party but from the vlog with her mum at Soho farmhouse and the statement at the beginning it seems to me that she was totally dumped by Joe and Niomi is now trying to polish the turd that is her life. No, everything was not beautiful and magical. If it was beautiful and magical you would still be together - most relationships have lots of problems way before it finally ends. Joe clearly proposed to try and fix the relationship somehow or he felt pressured to propose. If this was just a 'COVID is stressful' break up then I would have expected a reconciliation by now, but it's been weeks and they are still broken up.

I think as pretty and sweet as Niomi comes across she is probably just impossible to live with. The smoothie bowls and hiding food from him is the headliner, but there will be a ton of stuff - this is just the tip of the iceberg. I have a friend who tries to control what her husband eats and he looks skeletal because news flash! Men generally need to eat more than women. Starving your other half because of your own strict diet regime is abusive.

• Sad

bumblebee212

It was so exciting for a while and now I'm just bored with bland, vanilla Niomi again :rolleyes: . Unfollowed her on insta and will check back occasionally to see if anything interesting is going on, I just can't with her yoga and food and limited vocab and perfection, it makes me want to lie down on the floor and die out of sheer hopelessness.

• Haha
  • Angry