Niomi Smart #61 Total Eclipse of the Shart

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Picking up from a comment on the previous thread RE Joey being passive..

I get the sense he was a poor communicator: didn’t communicate his needs to Niomi, didn’t argue or push back on the food situation, until it exploded and went past the point of no return. In a way (if this is what happened) it was still unfair to Niomi, but just one of those things. Sometimes people need to learn the hard way, how important it is to acknowledge and communicate your needs.

she seems to have dated very different men since then - more outspoken and forceful than Joey. I don’t think she has properly reflected on where it went wrong, and she is thinking that if she dates someone outspoken and forceful, the same thing won’t happen again.

realistically though, she’d be better reflecting on the importance of encouraging open communication in a relationship, active listening etc.

She’s just gone so far off the mark here. She is avoiding being broken up with another Joey type by becoming the quiet, passive Joey type herself.
I don't think she's 'quiet or passive'. I think she moans and witches and toothy finds it amusing. He's secure in the knowledge that she has money and likes to be 'taken care of'. Joeeeey did a lot of heavy lifting when things needed to get done. She had to virtually beg for help when she moved into the shed- Forky to the rescue. She is manipulative.

Reactions: 24
I don't think she's 'quiet or passive'. I think she moans and witches and toothy finds it amusing. He's secure in the knowledge that she has money and likes to be 'taken care of'. Joeeeey did a lot of heavy lifting when things needed to get done. She had to virtually beg for help when she moved into the shed- Forky to the rescue. She is manipulative.
being manipulative is still passive though, it can be very passive aggressive.

instead of asking for what you want directly, you manipulate or ask indirectly or hope people take a hint. That’s still passive IMO

Reactions: 8
I'll stick with this definition with reference to the original post re Joeeeeey's behaviour

'accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.'

Reactions: 7
Nims is going to email that final edited photo to all of Harley Street with the subject title: Can you make this happen IRL?!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I feel it’s so crappy and disrespectful to call DJ passive, weak or a bad communicator. It’s clearly visible Niomi was psychologically abusive but he still gets blamed for what she did one way or another. I don’t think there would be the same approach if it was the other way round. Seems society has a lot to learn about this kind of abuse - you basically don’t realise it’s happening and when you do it’s often too late and you’re mentally crushed to the point of deep depression. Add to that DJ losing his dream job, being in lock down and malnourished. Also it may have just started with him trying to be nice to her and support her lifestyle and she used it. The whole situation is absolutely disgusting. I guess moving in with Freddy actually saved him from going into even deeper hole.
Yes, I also think we have to remember that you only see what makes it into the videos. I doubt he would have kicked up a fuss in front of camera when she announced what ‘we’ are eating/doing/feeling, and that makes the peanut butter incident quite interesting as he obviously couldn’t hold back the surprise and annoyance!

For me, on the discussions about food, the issue is not the type of food but the limited portions and control around that. There’s nothing wrong with cooking vegan food for a non-vegan, and I honestly think Joe was quite open to that, but limiting portions and snacks, or of course dictating their diet generally is of course not ok.

Reactions: 19
I'll stick with this definition with reference to the original post re Joeeeeey's behaviour

'accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.'
With this definition he is most definitely not passive

For the larger discussion: I have listened to him explain to niomi so many times that calories = energy. That’s very decent of him to actively engage instead of ignoring her outright which would have been rude. He was likely confused how she had all of her followers in the vegan sphere and why the royal palace asked her of all people to come make a speech. I think he did the best at being a good person that anyone could in that position.

Reactions: 12
When someone mentioned on here the other day that Lordon had up a story asking for digital creators for his “partner”, I went to Instagram to see it. It WASN’T there, he took the story down. Did anyone else notice this? Do you think he was asking without Niomi knowing? Or do you think Niomi got embarrassed by it?
I'm pretty sure she knows and very much doubt she got embarrassed, neither have it in them to acknowledge their behavior is shameful. If he took it down, it's probs they got some criticism or smth, or they read our comments (they for sure lurk) and got annoyed with us, pesky Shadows.

Reactions: 10
I'm pretty sure she knows and very much doubt she got embarrassed, neither have it in them to acknowledge their behavior is shameful. If he took it down, it's probs they got some criticism or smth, or they read our comments (they for sure lurk) and got annoyed with us, pesky Shadows.
Or she was affronted at the idea she was going to have to do some WORK!!😳😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her doing some ‘work’
1789F6EE-991B-4FEF-BEFC-E08DC2505B26.jpeg

8EC957B3-ABD2-48A1-A54E-3B29CCAC2AE0.jpeg

109FA1FD-35D0-4CA2-9EFA-87501370CD9E.jpeg

I can’t even. It’s hard to tell what the advert is even actually for.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I'd be pissed off if I was that company. She's done nothing to make the clothes look good and everything to make herself look as much like a skinny twig as possible. Like, ribs and bony flipper feet aren't appealing.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Or she was affronted at the idea she was going to have to do some WORK!!😳😅
Maybe she really didn't know and was all like "My love, what in the star alignment is this?! I have gyms and cafés to explore and insence to burn, my schedule is already full!"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Flabbergasted by her stupidity. This reads like it was written by a child on witchtok who has never read a book in their life. The out of this world conceit to be thankful for being reminded that other people exist. My god she is so embarrassing
Yes I found this beyond the pale patronising. 'Thanks for reminding me that you minions in muggle jobs exist'.
---
Maybe her management were like, 'um that's up to us to arrange guys, using our actual contacts. And what you've posted is not a job ad. It's a tiny weird fart in a tin. Take it down.'

And yes, looking at that headboard - ugh! It looks dusty AF! Also c'mon Organic Basics. Nimbo isn't your demographic anymore. Shame on you. Also all these influencers only ever offer 10% off which is completely pathetic. You can get 10% off by joining (then leaving) a mailing list usually. At least make it worth people's while (esp when products are upwards of £30 for a flipping pair of keks.)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.