Niomi Smart #60 Eat not, prey, love bomb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m afraid nothing much has changed for the better, she’s even more like extreme now. When she showed her Bali „routine“ I was genuinely shocked about the lack of solid food. She started the day with a run or whatever to the beach, worked out for hours and only had a coffee and coconut water. In two months she showed one meal at a restaurant. I know she talked about „Bali belly“ but I wonder what actually made her sick when she practically ate nothing. Or was it the water?
I still remember that video, she hardly hate anything and left some of the fruit even - '2 strawberries and a watermelon cube' eaten from her fruit salad, leaving the pineapple. Also, she was flying Business and left all the other food they had available?!

Reactions: 17
I still remember that video, she hardly hate anything and left some of the fruit even - '2 strawberries and a watermelon cube' eaten from her fruit salad, leaving the pineapple. Also, she was flying Business and left all the other food they had available?!
Yes exactly, I also thought "wtf" when she listed the exact number of strawberries and watermelon cubes. Like, please girly, no one is going to judge you for eating more than 2 strawberries. She constantly explains why she ate a certain amount and it feels like she has to justify eating anything even slightly sweet or salty.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I’m afraid nothing much has changed for the better, she’s even more like extreme now. When she showed her Bali „routine“ I was genuinely shocked about the lack of solid food. She started the day with a run or whatever to the beach, worked out for hours and only had a coffee and coconut water. In two months she showed one meal at a restaurant. I know she talked about „Bali belly“ but I wonder what actually made her sick when she practically ate nothing. Or was it the water?
London made her sick 😅😅

Reactions: 5
I have sympathy for myself watching this now... I would validate my barely-there eating habits by taking cues from her and a few people in my life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I do this free for my neighbours and friends.
I set up a job club in the local library, voluntary work, and people of all ages came along for help/ guidance. They could not believe I did not charge. CV/ cover letters/ Interview skills/ Job searching / Digital portfolio etc. They'd been finding people on the internet charging up to £250 for a document. Lots of these people were unemployed or at the end of their tether- very easy to take advantage of people in this situation.
I do this too, for students who come from lower socioeconomic backgrounds. Offer some career guidance, put them in touch with relevant people, help them do cover letters and personal statements etc.

It’s been hugely rewarding, and I do it voluntarily, so no fees.
---
She got the shed easily. Striving to buy your own place is a whole different ballgame.
She didn't value it just as she didn't value Joeeeeey. She took him for granted in her supposed superiority and it backfired spectacularly. She thought she'd 'made it' buying the fish tank but, yet again, feet of clay.🤪
I know the shed is tiny but I think for a single person, it’s a lovely space.

going through the motions though, and buying it because of what you feel you *should* be doing instead of from a place of authenticity, it’s no wonder she doesn’t feel at home there.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve noticed her tremors and clumsy hands in previous videos, even noticed her head movements and voice being very shaky sometimes, especially mornings after her workouts.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I've gone down the rabbit hole of watching her what I eat in a day videos and I actually really feel for her now. She was so innocent and completely herself. I can imagine she's trying to regain that and probably blames Joe for losing something so precious. Hence the fixation on him. Lockdown probably wasn't easy on her either. Her daily occupation basically since her undergrad was a reality show in which she was the star. She took the leap, went to India, and did her best with that experience. It seemed like trying something so far from her norm was pushing her to grow. And then she snapped back to a world in lockdown with someone who she deeply loved who was suddenly maybe a bit bitter and resentful but also increasingly judgemental. It's no wonder she pushed back with the I'm not an influencer stance. And then there was nothing to push back against with Joe gone, so all of this unchecked indignation and lashing out came forth.

She used to take a lot of pride in her lifestyle and habits. It's not easy to go from being so controlled, practically ascetic, to unsettled and untethered: homeless, scorned, humiliated, rejected. Her family had probably gone to incredible lengths up until that point so she would not feel the absence of a father figure. Marcus came and went; she held the high ground in that breakup and was unaffected. The continuity of Source box is a good indicator of how that panned out.

Paradise lost and despondency on one hand. On the other, re-coding suppressed emotions as trying to be authentic or real. Her mind must be a battleground every day.

I don't know where I'm going with this and obviously I know nothing but I hadn't really thought about her state of mind based on where she was coming from. She must be in a very dark place. Given her naturally happy disposition and how little challenge or negativity she had faced in her life before her breakup with Joe, it's no wonder that she has no coping tools and is still free-falling. She barely has any self-awareness because she's afraid to commit to anything real again, so will accept anyone mirroring anything back to her as useful and helpful guidance. Hence the lurking scammer.

What do they say... trigger warning? I'm not making a comparison, just a point on mental health and how important it is to be vigilant of/for ourselves and others.

I knew a girl in high school who was also picture-perfect. Her life panned out pretty great on paper. But there was always a deep unhappiness about her. I can't be the only one but I always thought, this girl's mind takes her to very dark places. She would talk about it honestly sometimes too and you could tell she was mentally quite tough. But I think she was so far gone it didn't even scare her anymore. She had the best tools - I truly believe that she would have had access to the best that mental health care can offer. I don't know what to say anymore. I hadn't seen her in years when I looked her up a little while ago.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Eh I don't know about innocent, she always had this flair of superiority and was coddled most of her life while never doing much tbh. She can't blame everything that has ever happened on her exes. Her content has probably hurt a lot of people the way she presented living and eating on some higher level that people who genuinely followed her thought it was something to look up and aspire to, it looked good on paper but now it looks like her own advice didn't serve her well either. I mean in her old days she'd have videos preaching about pink Himalayan salt and it's detoxing properties which honestly is pure rubbish, she's never really been an authority on the subjects she made a very profitable living off.

And the way she shuts down opinions and simply erases people out of her existence if just pure crap behavior of someone with legit poor emotional intelligence. She has spend years giving not the best life advice and now she's connected to the hip with a dude who is feeding her the same thing back times x 100.

What Nims needs is an actual job, something to keep her busy and most of all working for / helping others. Her entire career has been based at her staring at her own reflection and re-arranging her hair for pictures. That kind of stuff does not build character. It's like she has nothing to fall back on becuase she never worked on herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I get what @Sasa44 is getting at.

Niomi seems to have had a very sheltered life and financially never wanted. But then she didn’t seem to have a father growing up. (Or maybe she did? I always got the impression verity was a single teenage mum and Niomi’s father didn’t want to know). So that rejection must’ve hurt from a young age. Obviously only the work of Niomi and a good clinical psychologist can establish where her ED behaviours stemmed from, but I would hazard it guess the dent in her self esteem and subsequent ED behaviours, stemmed from that.

she’s never had to struggle for money or in her career, not really. It was something that just kind of, happened to her. She didn’t have to go through the rejections of repeated failed interviews and applications and build resilience from that. she’d never been broken up with.

I get the sense that her break up with Joe was definitely her first real experience of difficulty in life and I agree, she never seems to have developed the tools to navigate that. The ED behaviours point towards someone that ultimately, has very low self esteem so I think she is more vulnerable now than she has ever been.

maybe the whole Kate Middleton vibe with Joe isn’t what she truly wanted ?

maybe she was always this hippyish, manifesting, white magic, unsettled bohemian person but she was drawn to Joe and that sort of life due to family expectations?

Reactions: 19
I’ve always found her quite child-like. She’s like a little doll. It’s the high voice, the giggling about idiotic things, the lack of any sex appeal, and the naïveté that just leaps out of the screen. She’s girlish as opposed to womanly. (Not saying being womanly is the be all and end all - just using it as a comparison point).

Reactions: 42
maybe she was always this hippyish, manifesting, white magic, unsettled bohemian person but she was drawn to Joe and that sort of life due to family expectations?
I don’t think she is. When she’s single, she’s the opposite of that. Expensive clothes and bags, hair and nails appointments every week, going to fancy events, etc. She’s only had this hippyish personality since she met Lordon. And as soon as she was back in her Notting Hill, her “happiest place”, she reverted back to it.

Reactions: 45
OT here to make you feel better about your own lives
Guys im going through the worst break up of my life. I feel like I just lost my own Dreamy Joe. I'm almost 30 but I don't have money to burn like Niomi so I can't even do what I want with my life and start over. My heart feels like it was ripped out of my chest yesterday morning when it happened. It's so raw right now. I haven't stopped crying for the last 24 hours.
I'm also about to be fired because my boss thinks I'm underperforming. I have no savings because I burned through them all in the last year living in London since I was working underpaid jobs, I'm still underpaid at the moment (30k) it's barely enough to get by when my rent is 900 a month- in a house share...
I've left London for Easter and come back to my family up north- we're not made of money but my mum has been so supportive, I was really scared to tell her all of this because I've always been the child they don't have to worry about, but she was just happy to see me and that I opened up to her.
I don't know why I'm telling a bunch of strangers on the Internet this. I think I see a bit of myself in niomi in terms of her mental state, I'm a mess. But she has the means to literally pay for help, go anywhere in the world, buy property, distract herself, and I can't. I just feel helpless, depressed and alone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 115
Guys im going through the worst break up of my life. I feel like I just lost my own Dreamy Joe. I'm almost 30 but I don't have money to burn like Niomi so I can't even do what I want with my life and start over. My heart feels like it was ripped out of my chest yesterday morning when it happened. It's so raw right now. I haven't stopped crying for the last 24 hours.
I'm also about to be fired because my boss thinks I'm underperforming. I have no savings because I burned through them all in the last year living in London since I was working underpaid jobs, I'm still underpaid at the moment (30k) it's barely enough to get by when my rent is 900 a month- in a house share...
I've left London for Easter and come back to my family up north- we're not made of money but my mum has been so supportive, I was really scared to tell her all of this because I've always been the child they don't have to worry about, but she was just happy to see me and that I opened up to her.
I don't know why I'm telling a bunch of strangers on the Internet this. I think I see a bit of myself in niomi in terms of her mental state, I'm a mess. But she has the means to literally pay for help, go anywhere in the world, buy property, distract herself, and I can't. I just feel helpless, depressed and alone.
I’m so sorry. It’s ok to be a mess right now. ❤

I went through an awful break up when I was 31, then I lost my job and I spiralled into a depression. I was in so much debt that I couldn’t see a way out, so I planned to end my life. Covid saved me in a way because I was forced to move back home with my mum. Since then, I’ve built a business from scratch and made more money than I ever thought possible. And I’m so proud of myself because I did it all on my own without a man.

You’re still so young and can be anything you want to be. If you have to stay with your mum for a while to get back on your feet and save some money, there’s no shame in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
And even if you were the child 'they don't have to worry about' parents step up when things change- your mum has. You trusted someone- mature behaviour- and they have let you down. Absolutely horrible realisation but the rejection doesn't lessen you! Be cuddled up by your mum and don't do too much of the 'what ifs'. You might not have loads of money but clearly have a heart.🤗🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I don’t think she is. When she’s single, she’s the opposite of that. Expensive clothes and bags, hair and nails appointments every week, going to fancy events, etc. She’s only had this hippyish personality since she met Lordon. And as soon as she was back in her Notting Hill, her “happiest place”, she reverted back to it.
Will be interesting to see her back in Dublin and if she goes back to gym clothes, scarf and coat with the saddest look in her eyes (while assuring us that she’s the happiest ever).

Reactions: 22
I don’t think she’ll stay in Dublin long now that she’s got to re-experience London after a long break.

Reactions: 17
Im
There is something in the air, because this literally happened to me 48 hours ago, literally the weekend I was supposed to move in with who I thought was my soulmate. He just decided out of nowhere he doesn’t love me anymore and doesn’t feel the spark anymore. I also see parts of myself in Niomi, I can only imagine how she felt as feel like my whole world has crumbled and my heart has been ripped out of my chest. I don’t know what to do or say. I’m so confused. Part of me wants to give him a second chance if it’s a commitment phobia but I also don’t want to deal with the hurt again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
I don’t think she’ll stay in Dublin long now that she’s got to re-experience London after a long break.
She doesn’t have a say or choice in these matters, I think. She follows Lordon‘s plans and wishes. The fact that she saw her sister is a positive one, since that child is not at fault for whatever’s going on between Niomi and her mother. But other than that, he won’t allow her to go too far away.

Reactions: 11
I’m so sorry. It’s ok to be a mess right now. ❤

I went through an awful break up when I was 31, then I lost my job and I spiralled into a depression. I was in so much debt that I couldn’t see a way out, so I planned to end my life. Covid saved me in a way because I was forced to move back home with my mum. Since then, I’ve built a business from scratch and made more money than I ever thought possible. And I’m so proud of myself because I did it all on my own without a man.

You’re still so young and can be anything you want to be. If you have to stay with your mum for a while to get back on your feet and save some money, there’s no shame in it.
Thanks so much. It helps to know there's a future beyond this pain. I don't know how I'll find another job at the moment, I've been applying relentlessly and had one interview/ they're all around the same pay..... I just don't know. But I feel so so grateful and blessed to have my family home to come back to and a supportive mother. I think I would have ended my life without her.

And even if you were the child 'they don't have to worry about' parents step up when things change- your mum has. You trusted someone- mature behaviour- and they have let you down. Absolutely horrible realisation but the rejection doesn't lessen you! Be cuddled up by your mum and don't do too much of the 'what ifs'. You might not have loads of money but clearly have a heart.🤗🥰
I'm going to do just that. Thank you🩷

Im

There is something in the air, because this literally happened to me 48 hours ago, literally the weekend I was supposed to move in with who I thought was my soulmate. He just decided out of nowhere he doesn’t love me anymore and doesn’t feel the spark anymore. I also see parts of myself in Niomi, I can only imagine how she felt as feel like my whole world has crumbled and my heart has been ripped out of my chest. I don’t know what to do or say. I’m so confused. Part of me wants to give him a second chance if it’s a commitment phobia but I also don’t want to deal with the hurt again.
Oh babe I'm so sorry. There are truly no words. For me personally, it helps to know I'm not alone, so if you need someone to talk to please reach out and dm me. Idk if you can even dm on this site but still. Talking to my few friends helps a bit, but honestly knowing they're all happy and can't relate to my problems at all in a way makes me feel lonelier.. hugs to you🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.