Niomi Smart #6 it’s smoothie bowl weather but they’re not together, feel new tea was the end of Joe’s tether

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is all true but Niomi clearly wants a marriage and family, and the break up of an engagement obviously pushes all that back for her considerably. I also imagine because of the fertility issues her Mum had past a certain age she might be more conscious than most would about all of this happening later for her. Like for those of us who say we’ll have kids around 35 or whatever, we assume we will even be able to by then. I am all for women not seeking marriage and a family as their main purpose in life, however I also don’t think it’s unreasonable that Niomi in particular might be acutely aware of her age with all this because of the issues her Mum had

Reactions: 12
Has Niomi ever actually broached the topic of suffering from controlling food tendencies in the past? I've only been following her for only 2-3 years so never knew her in the early days when she may have opened up about it.

I can't help but comparing Niomi's veganism in her videos to another YouTuber I started watching recently - WafflesWithLeila - the food this girl makes is insane and looks really filling and tasty, and she also works out a lot so you can see her muscle definition in comparison to Niomi who eats similar but not enough to gain muscle mass. She also has a history of an eating disorder but is very open about it. Her video content is very good for anyone who is looking for decent food videos - and she has a full time job with the NHS on top of it. She has almost 30k but deserves a lot more. I say she might be a good alternative for people who have gotten bored of Nimbob's videos.

Reactions: 8
It might be the last ever smoothie bowl weather of 2020 tomorrow!

Screenshot_2020-09-13-12-45-10-263_com.android.chrome.jpg

I'm stocking up on mulberries and raw chocolate almonds to make a smoothie bowl to devour that looks like my dead childhood pet (thanks jack monroe for the tip!) 😀

I might have to slum it with non organic matcha tea though 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I didn't mean it is sad when a woman at her age hasn't found the one, I meant in her specific case because she seemed so excited about it and as if that was a really high life goal of hers. I totally understand and encourage other women not to live their lives for a man or kids. Just FYI.

Reactions: 11
I didn't mean it is sad when a woman at her age hasn't found the one, I meant in her specific case because she seemed so excited about it and as if that was a really high life goal of hers. I totally understand and encourage other women not to live their lives for a man or kids. Just FYI.
Fair enough! She’s only 28 or something though. Women have kids in their 40’s now. She has heaps of time!

It’s better to wait than to rush into something with the wrong man.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Fair enough! She’s only 28 or something though. Women have kids in their 40’s now. She has heaps of time!

It’s better to wait than to rush into something with the wrong man.
Of course she has time, but she has been with him for years and it takes some time to rebuild something serious like that. ;)

I am nearly 28 & just going through a 7 year break up. Come on guys don’t tell me I’m too old it’s really depressing to hear!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
They do, but her Mum really struggled when she was 33 onwards, had multiple cycles of IVF, and wrote a book about it all (sorry if you already knew that) so I really doubt Niomi approaches all this with that kind of mindset. Plus while it is obviously possible, the risks for Mother and baby are higher the older you get, I wouldn’t personally be like ‘oh it’s fine I’ll just wait until I’m 40’ if I wanted children. I don’t think it’s controversial to say that biologically it seems better to have them younger (and I’m not someone who wants children tbh)

Reactions: 13
I’m sorry, I understand intentions might be different when you make these posts, but this conversation is just stupid when we are talking about a girl who is single at 28. 28!!! I think it’s an insulting way to talk about women and its hurtful too, if you don’t want kids then you will never know how that feels so stop talking about women’s bodies like we are incubators slowly going stale. Please. Also those are all mostly myths anyway.

Obviously it’s hard when you think your future is set, then you recalibrate and realize youlikely won’t be married at this or that point in time, Etc. I get that. But people, it’s not like she’s even... 38 or something and now has to really face the possibility of a radically different life. She’ll probably be dating seriously again in 9 months and married by 30 anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Pointing out someone who watched her Mum struggle with fertility might be hyper aware of her age for that reason puts absolutely no value judgement on that aside from what you choose to read into it, sorry 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think it’s an insulting way to talk about women and its hurtful too, if you don’t want kids then you will never know how that feels so stop talking about women’s bodies like we are incubators slowly going stale. Please. Also those are all mostly myths anyway.
Literally nobody has implied that at all though. And it’s also quite stupid to say ‘if you don’t want kids then you’ll never know’ lots of people who choose not to have kids for whatever reason have wanted them previously, this isn’t a linear thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
No woman is too old and no one is getting shamed. I think Niomi is just gutted that her plans don't work out the way she wanted them to. She seems to be a very controlling person, but maybe she'll have more luck with her next boyfriend. Maybe he'll be vegan, too. :cool:

Reactions: 10
I am nearly 28 & just going through a 7 year break up. Come on guys don’t tell me I’m too old it’s really depressing to hear!
Oh my god, don't listen to that nonsense! You're in your twenties! TWENTIES! You're really young, take your time and heal.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m sorry, I understand intentions might be different when you make these posts, but this conversation is just stupid when we are talking about a girl who is single at 28. 28!!! I think it’s an insulting way to talk about women and its hurtful too, if you don’t want kids then you will never know how that feels so stop talking about women’s bodies like we are incubators slowly going stale. Please. Also those are all mostly myths anyway.

Obviously it’s hard when you think your future is set, then you recalibrate and realize youlikely won’t be married at this or that point in time, Etc. I get that. But people, it’s not like she’s even... 38 or something and now has to really face the possibility of a radically different life. She’ll probably be dating seriously again in 9 months and married by 30 anyway.
Totally agree with this. 28 is hardly “over the hill” ... seriously!

• Heart
All members; Stop arguing about age/fertility, ignore comments you don’t agree with or hit report if they break our rules and attempt to moderate. - Please read our rules and why they're important
e
Oh my god, don't listen to that nonsense! You're in your twenties! TWENTIES! You're really young, take your time and heal.
exactly, and well done that it ended now instead of just dragging on with someone you don't want to be with! i know a lot of people in long term relationships who have just continued for the sake of it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.