Niomi Smart #6 it’s smoothie bowl weather but they’re not together, feel new tea was the end of Joe’s tether

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She said she wants to move to the country side when settling down (aka starting a family) and that she still wants to live London for 2 years. For me it just seems wiser to buy a home and then sell it after 2 years instead of paying rent every month.
Oh I agree. I can see why she hasn’t though. I can’t imagine Niomi dealing with everything that comes with home ownership by herself - no landlord to ring to sort out anything that goes wrong in the house, for example. It’s funny in multiple Christmas vlogs last year she kept saying she’s surprised how much she misses Joe because she’s very independent, I don’t see her as being independent at all! I don’t think she will buy anything on her own.

Reactions: 16
Very interesting in her latest ad vlog she talks about self-reliance, looking after ourselves, how she hasn't been looking after herself these past few years, that her intentions have been "all wrong" and she hasn't been doing all of this stuff for herself.

With Niomi, it's very difficult to know what she actually wants and what she actually thinks because of this idealised image she puts out. I think she truly needs to find herself - and she won't do that through horoscopes or yin yoga.
I wonder if this has more to do with life as an influencer than anything else. Maybe she's been trying to shape herself to be the "perfect" influencer, going by what her audience seems to want as opposed to what she wants. She's certainly seemed a bit lost since Eat Smart came out; soon after that, she was saying that if she did another book, it would be more about lifestyle (odd when she'd just built a platform on food and wellness) and now there's the skincare range, when that hardly seems to be her speciality. She's spent the last few years filming flashy PR trips, not sharing recipes, which is what people wanted from her in the beginning (maybe she realised that she was very style over substance in that regard). I don't think she really knows who she is or what she wants to do, and the breakup will only have worsened that.

Reactions: 8
She said she wants to move to the countryside when settling down (aka starting a family) and that she still wants to live London for 2 years. For me it just seems wiser to buy a home and then sell it after 2 years instead of paying rent every month.
I don’t think it’s necessarily worth buying a property for only 2 years in London. You’ll pay tens of thousands in stamp duty alone, never mind other fees. Worth doing for a long term investment I’m sure, but not if she’ll need the money to buy a big house in the country.

Reactions: 13
Probably, if she felt she might be able to back him into a corner.
yeh the more I think about it that's what I've thought as well, it's strange otherwise as relationships don't generally fall apart with no warning (espeically engagements)

Oh I agree. I can see why she hasn’t though. I can’t imagine Niomi dealing with everything that comes with home ownership by herself - no landlord to ring to sort out anything that goes wrong in the house, for example. It’s funny in multiple Christmas vlogs last year she kept saying she’s surprised how much she misses Joe because she’s very independent, I don’t see her as being independent at all! I don’t think she will buy anything on her own.
I know people like to have a sort of life plan, but specifically saying she wants to be in London for 2 years is strange for me, how can you plan in the much detail? Especially with Joe's job, I get hers she can basically do wherever but for whoever her partner turns out to be might not be like that

Reactions: 3
I just had a thought - I know it sounds like I’m a man hater, but there’s a quote that says “Men will never leave you, they will only make it impossible for you to stay.”

Men seem to only break up with their partner if they‘ve met someone else... I’ve never met a man that can handle being alone.

Prove me wrong!

I’m still certain he’s cheated. There’s no way a man would end a relationship because of a secret peanut butter stash.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I just had a thought - I know it sounds like I’m a man hater, but there’s a quote that says “Men will never leave you, they will only make it impossible to stay.”

Men seem to only break up with their partner if they have someone else... I’ve never met a man that can handle being alone.

Prove me wrong!
I've been broken up with by men... albeit I agree about men not being able to be alone, after me and my ex broke up (we years later got back togehter) he almost immediately started using paid for dating services to find someone else

Reactions: 11
I know people like to have a sort of life plan, but specifically saying she wants to be in London for 2 years is strange for me, how can you plan in the much detail? Especially with Joe's job, I get hers she can basically do wherever but for whoever her partner turns out to be might not be like that
I think when people get married they tend to make more concrete plans like that - I know so many people who say stuff like they want to be pregnant within a year of getting married for example, I imagine she might've been thinking about moving out of the city before they have children. It does seem weird to quantify it so exactly though.
I just had a thought - I know it sounds like I’m a man hater, but there’s a quote that says “Men will never leave you, they will only make it impossible to stay.”

Men seem to only break up with their partner if they have someone else... I’ve never met a man that can handle being alone.

Prove me wrong!
I've had two exes who broke up with me and then stayed single for quite a long time after. Both had said they didn't want a serious relationship (despite these being almost 2 years a piece) so it makes sense I guess. Some are just scared of the commitment.

Reactions: 7
I just want to know why she won’t say she’s going through a break up! It’s so bizarre. They clearly have, there’s probably no coming back so I wonder why she can’t just say it.

I know it must be tough but she’s been banging on about it indirectly for a month now. It makes me think there’s something more to this. Not that they’re back together or anything scandalous just something doesn’t quite make sense

Reactions: 12
I just want to know why she won’t say she’s going through a break up! It’s so bizarre. They clearly have, there’s probably no coming back so I wonder why she can’t just say it.

I know it must be tough but she’s been banging on about it indirectly for a month now. It makes me think there’s something more to this. Not that they’re back together or anything scandalous just something doesn’t quite make sense
I think she likes the attention not saying anything is getting, just look at her thread since it happened? If she says something that interest will disappear

Reactions: 16

She is hoping for him to come back #FakeItTillYouMakeIt

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Didn’t she also allude to wanting to move to the countryside before? When she was with Joe. Maybe she doesn’t want to settle in London long term
Yes, but buying somewhere in London would be a wise investment, I'd be surprised if she doesn't already have a few smaller properties that she wouldn't want to live in, but rents out. Admitting to this however isn't really fitting with her curated image of an organic wellness yogi with a passion for sustainability.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes, but buying somewhere in London would be a wise investment, I'd be surprised if she doesn't already have a few smaller properties that she wouldn't want to live in, but rents out. Admitting to this however isn't really fitting with her curated image of an organic wellness yogi with a passion for sustainability.
It would, if I were her I'd have done that a long time ago, but not everyone wants to be a landlord or manage the bother of multiple properties. Let's face it, it's not like she needs the income of the rent every month, and it's bad enough when you have to sort out the boiler blowing up in your own house let alone someone else's home. I don't think it's a bad thing that she's not bothered with owning multiple properties to be honest.

Reactions: 6

She’s obviously not going to address it in any way, I think she knows that every one has worked it out and she hopes people will continue to watch her videos and stories to check if she says anything. I personally don’t think she’s ever going to directly say anything about it. She’s just using it to her advantage more than anything now!

I just had a thought - I know it sounds like I’m a man hater, but there’s a quote that says “Men will never leave you, they will only make it impossible for you to stay.”

Men seem to only break up with their partner if they‘ve met someone else... I’ve never met a man that can handle being alone.

Prove me wrong!

I’m still certain he’s cheated. There’s no way a man would end a relationship because of a secret peanut butter stash.
I still think he was just fed up, but who knows, maybe you are right and he fell in love with smb else... judging by him not even hiding being pissed off at her in the recent 'together' video...they say man is cruel when he doesn't love you anymore and even more so when he is in love with smb else.
P. S. I just heard myself out loud, jesus this niomi drama is a bad influence. 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It's like she won't say it publically because saying it out loud will mean it is really over.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
She’s obviously not going to address it in any way, I think she knows that every one has worked it out and she hopes people will continue to watch her videos and stories to check if she says anything. I personally don’t think she’s ever going to directly say anything about it. She’s just using it to her advantage more than anything now!
I agree... I think she has found this is working for her, everyone infers what is going on and viewers leave her some indulgent wellness quotes in the comments and all she has to do is put out a bunch of ‘self care’ and ‘focus on me!’ content without having to get ugly or embarrassing and actually say her engagement is over. She’ll keep up the vague references and just pretend Joe didn’t ever exist. It’s actually the exact same playbook she used for Marcus.

I personally think she should at least make a statement confirming a break up, and I’m starting to get really bored with this whole thing now. I don’t know how much longer I can be arsed to keep following the storyline. At this point it’s honestly just my OCD keeping me here. What started off as a drama has turned into a proper snooze fest 😴

Reactions: 23
Phew so many questions on my part-
The ring- who the hell takes a ring to a service? I get resizing, getting it professional cleaned and polished (which takes like 24h at most). The first you do once or after a massive weight loss/gain and the latter maybe every year? But a “regular service“? - think the ring was nice aka big but pretty boring. The style has been requested a lot after Wiliam put the blue sapphire on Kate’s finger. Eugenie’s is basically the same in red. Niomi has it in green. There is absolutely nothing about it that justified those “he designed it” praise. He picked a style and a colour/stone. Nothing different what everyone does that buys a ring (same for purchasing the stone first and then slapping it unto the ring). -I am absolutely convinced Niomi wanted the all white diamonds (maybe a pink or yellow one for individuality) with a big centre stone.

The food- girl has issues. So much is clear. Her diet has become more and more restrictive. I think her body is nice but way too thin. I mean not everyone aspires those “healthy” bodies, fitness influencers flaunt. That’s a hell lot of training, “non-restrictive” diet (ever noticed how they all gain weight, then allude to a hard time and talking about cleaning up their diet AGAIN), unhealthy amounts of protein powder and supplements and last but not least great posing and photoshop. And they all look the same. Big butt, smaller boobs (because getting rid of breast implants is THE latest trend. Nothing wrong with it, just shows how deceptive the narrative has been), very muscular thighs and a visible six pack. It just the body that’s in fashion right now. It will also be out if fashion again. It is definitely not everyones cup of tea. Nothing wrong with just wanting to look thin and liking that more. But Niomi truly has taken it too far in my opinion. With those tiny caloric intake she could never grow a substantial mass of muscle anyway.

The Ex- oh dear. I will say, asking someone to marry you if you are not sure is utter tit. If you do that you have problems and need to grow a backbone ASAP. Also, no one wakes up on a sunny morning and thinks: damn it, I need to call the wedding off and break up. Either you realised you don’t fit together aka must have been unhappy for some time or you have fallen out of love, also something that happens over time. Nevertheless, you need to communicate with your partner before that happens. A bit of self awareness and reflection can be expected from an educated and socially functional adult. I think in a relationship that is viewed as in the way to a life long commitment or in a marriage you should at least try to work it out (abusive/violent/addiction etc. are obviously on a different paper). It might help it might not. But they truly didn’t seem to have talked about those matters. So, if she was truly blindsided there is definitely blame to be laid at his side.
On the other hand- there might have been arguments or little rows, he might have said things she choose not to hear. I agree that India and lockdown probably brought a lot of things to the surface.

Niomi’s career- I doubt Joe had a problem with it. He might have talked belittling about it/made fun of it. Which would be crappy. Because it shows a lack of respect for your spouse. But I do think he wanted a glamorous English country wife AFTER a few years of jet setting between cool jobs (his jobs). But I suspect Niomi didn’t want either. Getting tied down with at least three kids or being dragged around the world after his timeline. Both mindsets are fine, they just don’t match well. Also, when you seriously think about pregnancy and children her food problems would be catapulted to a new level of problematic. Same for her and his idea of how they spent their days and find it hard. Niomi’s hard work days are a joke and I could definitely see her disagreeing with a father figure that travels so
much (fair enough husband and I very consciously decided against that model)

Which brings me (finally) to my conclusion: tension built up, Joe was questioning their relationship, Niomi ignored the writing on the wall, he needed a break and realised how different he wants to live, Niomi didn’t get it/was unable to question her behaviour /compromise and he might have found himself emotionally or also physically intertwined with another woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I love when these influencers talk about "now, I just love myself so much, I'm so self-aware" etc. then 1 year later they'll be like "oh my gosh, I was a mess a year ago! I was acting for the camera, I actually hated my life" -- it makes them SO INGENUINE.
This reminded me of Hello October so much 😂 Post break up she was a real mess but apparently at the time she had her tit together..

Just watched the video... Even though she won't say the words "break-up" I really don't think she needs to address it any more literally. Anyone with half a brain knows what she's referencing when she's speaking about her situation and how she has been in a really "dark" place and she's been journaling about self-improvement ("things about me to work on- a few pages there")... I actually can't believe how back-dated these vlogs are though. The brownies from the wedding planner were weeks ago weren't they??

Also found it interesting when she talked about how grateful she is for a job and many people are unemployed/furloughed... I think it's possible Joe's job didn't end but he was furloughed. She might have been speaking to the fact that he felt a lack of purpose having no job throughout lockdown. This can always lead to a lot of relationship issues. And we still don't know if he is heading to Dubai this month so it's still possible that kicked off the whole breakup and she's thinking about why Joe would've made the choice to go. It's also telling that she's talking so much about self-love and how she hasn't been practicing it for the last "few years" AKA her time with Joe. While that's obviously a joke I do think she's been likely very performative in their relationship and practicing to be the perfect stepford-wife. I'd imagine that would be exhausting...

On another note- does anyone know where her ring is from?

1599497278226.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.