Niomi Smart #5 Onwards, upwards, but not Woodwards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a bit of a radical concept, but perhaps Niomi is happy just being slim? Not everyone wants to be muscular, or follow the trend of a big bum or whatever.

If she was plus/midsized and people were making comments about her being flabby, all hell would break loose, but because she’s slim she’s fair pickings for body shaming.
I agree not everyone wants the super toned, super lean, bubble butt look. She might be quite happy with her figure.

But also this is a gossip forum so why are people not allowed to say what they think? I don't see how calling her flabby is worse than a lot of things that have been discussed and scrutinised on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I just had a thought....I wonder if Niomi's relationship to exercise is like Tanya's relationship to food. People in Tanya's thread always accuse Tarn of lying about the amount she eats. Like she'll take pictures of a bunch of unhealthy food and say she's only been to Barry's once last month and that's how she got her current figure :rolleyes:. I wonder if Niomi acts like she exercises way more than she actually does.

You guys will have to correct me on this because like I said before, I'm really not an avid watcher of Niomi's but I remember I watched an old video of hers when she was still single and she was doing some HIIT workout in her living room and omg, no offence but her form was pretty atrocious and she looked pretty weak for someone who keeps saying that they exercise everyday. Even until today, we can see that her body doesn't reflect the body of someone who exercises everyday. She's just slim but with no tone whatsoever.

But like you guys said, maybe this is just a combination of too much cardio + Niomi's eating habits. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
I watched the latest vlog and barely made it through. I have respect for how Amelia handled it with a video, much more dignified than glossing over a breakup. I think I shall have to not watch any more and wait for summaries on here :)

Reactions: 10
I didn't think the vlog was too bad tbf. The superhero speech was 100% cringe. Also I took it literally to begin with and was all, "What? Marvel or DC?! ...Oh."

I mean, eating vegan cheese is progress.

Reactions: 7
Everyone knows what the word “flabby” means, it was an unnecessarily bitchy comment. You’re tying yourself in knots, let it go.
Stop moderating 🤢 really don’t think it’s okay attacking another poster like this when they’ve just said English isn’t their first language as well. Didn’t you say Niomi was in your class at school? You’re here gossiping about her with everyone else, then accusing someone else of being unnecessarily bitchy. People are allowed to say what they think, for someone who works out a lot and cares about the appearance of her body she has remarkably little muscle definition.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I will be quite annoyed if I have invested so much time in this thread and we never get a video addressing the break up. JUST TELL US!!!!! 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just watched her vlog and now all I can think about is no bun with the burger what a waste :ROFLMAO:

Also I can't believe we are ready for a new thread. but I'm starting to lose interest TBH

Reactions: 12
I will be quite annoyed if I have invested so much time in this thread and we never get a video addressing the break up. JUST TELL US!!!!! 😫
I don’t think she will say a thing until after the skincare launch at the very least

Reactions: 5
I just can't deal with some of the comments under her latest vlog...someone mentioned having tears in her eyes when the be your own superhero chat started....
I just can't.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Actually, one good thing has come out of this all for me. After all the Feel New tea talk, it reignited my interest in it and I bought a pack. It’s lovely! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
All women of childbearing age are recommended to take folic acid as per NHS guidelines. I highly doubt Niomi is making money flogging nutritional yeast.
Everyone knows what the word “flabby” means, it was an unnecessarily bitchy comment. You’re tying yourself in knots, let it go.
Source

Not radical at all and something that’s said constantly. It is, however, noticeable that she has issues with food hence people commenting that she’d do well (and have more energy) if she ate a bit more. The body shaming is a big no from me though.
This is a gossip forum so really no need for such attitude, and taking folic acid following NHS guidelines is not the same as adding loads of protein powders and supplements and cashing in on affiliate links and promotion money. Especially if you're presenting it as healthy.

Reactions: 20
I agree not everyone wants the super toned, super lean, bubble butt look. She might be quite happy with her figure.

But also this is a gossip forum so why are people not allowed to say what they think? I don't see how calling her flabby is worse than a lot of things that have been discussed and scrutinised on here.
Oh I 100% agree that everyone is allowed an opinion, I just wanted to point out that there’s a clear double standard when it comes to body shaming. Guarantee more people would jump on me if I body shamed someone like Lizzo, than has been said about Niomi being ‘flabby’.

I don’t think anyone can argue that Niomi has a healthy relationship with food, and it’s so triggering to refer to someone who is on the lower end of a healthy weight clause at best as flabby.

Moving on, because I don’t think anyone will change their opinion on this to be fair.

I’ll be so disappointed if she literally never addresses the break up, she needs to at least say that their engagement is off!

Reactions: 8
Is it just me that thinks it’s actually worse her NOT saying anything? She doesn’t owe us anything (despite what some people might say) but just saying “I’m really taking time for myself the next few months, most of you have already read between the lines and have realised Joe and I are no longer together. I’m sharing my new chapter with you all but I’m in a grieving process and that’s all I’ll be saying on the matter” ...?! Like, surely being asked “have yous broke up?” Or “wheres Joe?” Or whatever is 100000000 x worse! That would hurt every single time surely? 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Stop moderating 🤢 really don’t think it’s okay attacking another poster like this when they’ve just said English isn’t their first language as well. Didn’t you say Niomi was in your class at school? You’re here gossiping about her with everyone else, then accusing someone else of being unnecessarily bitchy. People are allowed to say what they think, for someone who works out a lot and cares about the appearance of her body she has remarkably little muscle definition.
It sounds like we hit a nerve or something. Sure, this is a place to be bitchy and vent and it's ok as long as it stays within normal limits. I personally don't leave snarky comments on the influenzas videos and instagram, don't report them to sponsors, don't look up their houses on google etc. but if someone posts themselves in bikinis and shows close ups of their butt all over instagram then it's not unusual to get some comments on it. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Definitely think she has orthorexia (fastest growing ED, hard to spot because comes off as 'wellness'/ health kick). Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the dissections, a fascinating insight into people; but Joeyyyyy was CLEARLY never comfortable on camera.
yeh definitely, i wad orthorexic for a while and it completely dominated my life. i was more obsessedwith food then when i had serious bulimia in the past

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I dunno I feel like that's how she's choosing to deal with it and she will never publicly address it. Not sure if it's the best way because people will always be asking/hinting for more..I quite liked Amelia's approach (not the podcast, that was just weird).

yeh definitely, i wad orthorexic for a while and it completely dominated my life. i was more obsessedwith food then when i had serious bulimia in the past
I'm the same and thought I was super healthy and one step ahead of the game :ROFLMAO: I'm better now and eat everything again but I still feel very anxious when I have to eat the occasional birthday cake. It's not right.

Reactions: 1
Long time lurker but just wanted to quickly comment because all the nutritional yeast talk is driving me mad lol. As far as I'm aware it's just used as a seasoning, plenty of non-vegans use it like myself in pasta etc to give a cheesy flavour. It's not ridiculously high in folic acid or anything, it's no different to having asparagus or eggs where folic acid naturally occurs. Obviously shovelling massive amounts of it onto your food is probably not great, but nothing wrong with using it in moderation, like most things.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It sounds like we hit a nerve or something. Sure, this is a place to be bitchy and vent and it's ok as long as it stays within normal limits. I personally don't leave snarky comments on the influenzas videos and instagram, don't report them to sponsors, don't look up their houses on google etc. but if someone posts themselves in bikinis and shows close ups of their butt all over instagram then it's not unusual to get some comments on it. 🙄
If Niomi was worried about getting hurty feels comments on her body she wouldn’t be uploading bikini pics all the time. I’m not bothered at all if she’s slim and untoned, she clearly wants to be though with the arched back to make her bum look bigger. If she’s happy in her body, great. I don’t think it’s body shaming to say she would look fantastic if she started lifting because she’s coming from a low body fat start point 🤷🏻‍♀️ I imagine she doesn’t have the energy because she eats so little, I cannot lift if I’ve not eaten but I can get through a fasted run just about.
Is it just me that thinks it’s actually worse her NOT saying anything? She doesn’t owe us anything (despite what some people might say) but just saying “I’m really taking time for myself the next few months, most of you have already read between the lines and have realised Joe and I are no longer together. I’m sharing my new chapter with you all but I’m in a grieving process and that’s all I’ll be saying on the matter” ...?! Like, surely being asked “have yous broke up?” Or “wheres Joe?” Or whatever is 100000000 x worse! That would hurt every single time surely? 🥴
If I were her I’d pop up an insta story with the text you’ve basically just written, if only to stop the comments. And maybe add ‘please stop asking me and my family about it’ because the weirdos asking her Mum on her Mum’s Instagram need to have a day off. Thing is I think people would still ask her either way :/

Reactions: 7
The superhero monologue was a lot to handle first thing this morning.

that dinner was very feeble. Who would go to the effort of taking out a blender in someone else’s house to make a basic black bean burger and then have it with no bun, a bit of salad with LIME ffs and a few bits of vegan cheese.

she definitely was dropping hints about the break up I think - nobody needs to house sit, they let her stay there while they were away so she could be in London and get some space on her own

Reactions: 8
She has little muscle definition because she doesn’t eat! And I’m not attacking anyone, I’m disagreeing with what they said?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.