Niomi Smart #5 Onwards, upwards, but not Woodwards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good morning people
I just saw that Niomi uploaded a new video 6 minutes ago titled HOW TO BE YOUR OWN SUPERHERO.
Haven't watched it yet no time lol

• Wow
Reactions: 7
She’s just uploaded a new video! With a typo in the title lol, it’s How to be your* own superhero Niomi 🤦‍♀️

Haven’t watched it yet. although I guess it is a “logical” video at this time, but I wonder if we’re going to see Amelia liana -esque post breakup content now

Reactions: 3
Good morning people
I just saw that Niomi uploaded a new video 6 minutes ago titled HOW TO BE YOUR OWN SUPERHERO.
Haven't watched it yet no time lol
She initially spelt it 'you're' though - clearly was a rushed upload :ROFLMAO: She's just so busy getting facials!

I'm just watching it - doesn't seem to be any tea. Very disappointing, like she's just continuing on as if nothing's happened.

ETA - she's put in an affiliate link to that green necklace so it's definitely not the stone from her engagement ring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Yeah no break up talk in the video.

It did actually make me smile to see her going about her day and getting on with things. Like I wish she hadn't bothered with all the IG posts and stories and had just posted this video and that be the only content we've had from her.

Reactions: 10
Given the amount of criticism influencers get on this site for some of their odd eating habits and over exercising, calling Niomi of all people “flabby” is just ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like people just want to say something nasty even when it is quite blatantly not true..!
English isn't my first language so that's the word I thought of to describe having no muscle tone as I find it really surprising in someone her age and someone who always finds time for a workout. And it's not obvious in photos. I don't like Millen but would never call her flabby.
Also, I read about nutritional yeast and it doesn't sound like something I'd recommend for healthy eating especially since you shouldn't randomly supplement with folic acid as it can give you hormonal issues. Some of the recommendations influencers give just to make money can be really dangerous and most young people would rather watch their videos/stories than a documentary with real info. So yeah, it's upsetting cause it's all smoke and mirrors

Reactions: 11
I would watch it but I think I’ll spend the whole time doing this.. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Appreciate the superhero pep talks Niomi but come on, give us something, we need to know if Joe hated smoothie bowls and betrayed you by eating chicken nuggets and chips

Reactions: 14
Why are some of you getting so offended by her being called flabby? Flabby doesn’t mean fat or that she looks like a whale. But for someone that is a FITNESS and wellness influencer, her body for what it should be and what she promotes is very untoned, aka flabby.

Reactions: 25
I hope what I'm saying isn't seen as body shaming. I've heard her say she makes workout decisions for aesthetic reasons and based on how she feels, which doesn't amount to the approach of someone who is all that informed about fitness and wellness.

Reactions: 4
No tea in the new video..she’s staying at Rosanna’s while they’re away....just some subtle hints
“Seeing a friend for coffee then another for dinner...so I’m just like keeping SUPER sociable...I’m ALWAYS with a different person...but it’s great *fake laugh* I love it”

“The next video I’ll probably be back in Sussex...there’s a lot of bouncing back and forth at the moment....but just bare with me and hopefully things will get back to normal soon”

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Of course, she didn't have a bun with her tiny bean burger dinner, and she even did a spin class that morning. She must be exhausted.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This is a bit of a radical concept, but perhaps Niomi is happy just being slim? Not everyone wants to be muscular, or follow the trend of a big bum or whatever.

If she was plus/midsized and people were making comments about her being flabby, all hell would break loose, but because she’s slim she’s fair pickings for body shaming.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I'm really losing interest in this whole thing. She's so boring, this break up has been the only interesting thing and it looks like she'll never ever acknowledge it.

some of these are slightly paraphrased but:

0:22 -- "my life is absolutely crazy right now" -- actually Nimbobs, your life is probably the most mundane, boring AF thing, plus you're just going out with friends and not working and lighting paper on fire voluntarily so0o0o0o0o...

0:50 -- "nice day lined up" -- meeting a friend, going to a Soho cycle, she hasn't been into Soho since 2019!!! my goodness!!! she hasn't been in central London at all since actually, OMG!!!

1:20 -- "my first facial! i haven't had one, i don't think anyone's had beauty treatments because of COVID" -- guess your skincare isn't enough, is it? she does need a facial TBF.

1:45 -- "meetings and phone calls, then meeting a friend for coffee and another friend for dinner" :rolleyes:

2:08 -- "on a crazy hunt for tampons"

3:48 -- she cried from a spin class

i think her obsession with London is sad. it's just because she doesn't see the annoying bits of it. don't get me wrong, i love living here but the way she romanticises it is sickening. there's poverty and homelessness and painfully busy commutes, even in a pandemic.

i've stopped watching, i'll have to watch the other pointless 10+ mins another time. work seems more interesting if i'm honest.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm really losing interest in this whole thing. She's so boring, this break up has been the only interesting thing and it looks like she'll never ever acknowledge it.

some of these are slightly paraphrased but:

0:22 -- "my life is absolutely crazy right now" -- actually Nimbobs, your life is probably the most mundane, boring AF thing, plus you're just going out with friends and not working and lighting paper on fire voluntarily so0o0o0o0o...

0:50 -- "nice day lined up" -- meeting a friend, going to a Soho cycle, she hasn't been into Soho since 2019!!! my goodness!!! she hasn't been in central London at all since actually, OMG!!!

1:20 -- "my first facial! i haven't had one, i don't think anyone's had beauty treatments because of COVID" -- guess your skincare isn't enough, is it? she does need a facial TBF.

1:45 -- "meetings and phone calls, then meeting a friend for coffee and another friend for dinner" :rolleyes:

2:08 -- "on a crazy hunt for tampons"

3:48 -- she cried from a spin class

i think her obsession with London is sad. it's just because she doesn't see the annoying bits of it. don't get me wrong, i love living here but the way she romanticises it is sickening. there's poverty and homelessness and painfully busy commutes, even in a pandemic.

i've stopped watching, i'll have to watch the other pointless 10+ mins another time. work seems more interesting if i'm honest.
Great summary of the video, I don't need to watch it now haha.

I agree that she doesn't acknowledge the other side of London. But to be fair, she probably doesn't experience it. Where she lived was upmarket and she probably avoided the estates closeby, and she doesn't work normal hours (at all), so she avoids the commuter rush.

Reactions: 8
Rosanna’s house is fab, especially the sitting room.

The way she spoke about Rosanna was a bit weird - her no.1 fan!

Reactions: 12
English isn't my first language so that's the word I thought of to describe having no muscle tone as I find it really surprising in someone her age and someone who always finds time for a workout. And it's not obvious in photos. I don't like Millen but would never call her flabby.
Also, I read about nutritional yeast and it doesn't sound like something I'd recommend for healthy eating especially since you shouldn't randomly supplement with folic acid as it can give you hormonal issues. Some of the recommendations influencers give just to make money can be really dangerous and most young people would rather watch their videos/stories than a documentary with real info. So yeah, it's upsetting cause it's all smoke and mirrors
All women of childbearing age are recommended to take folic acid as per NHS guidelines. I highly doubt Niomi is making money flogging nutritional yeast.
Everyone knows what the word “flabby” means, it was an unnecessarily bitchy comment. You’re tying yourself in knots, let it go.
Source

This is a bit of a radical concept, but perhaps Niomi is happy just being slim? Not everyone wants to be muscular, or follow the trend of a big bum or whatever.

If she was plus/midsized and people were making comments about her being flabby, all hell would break loose, but because she’s slim she’s fair pickings for body shaming.
Not radical at all and something that’s said constantly. It is, however, noticeable that she has issues with food hence people commenting that she’d do well (and have more energy) if she ate a bit more. The body shaming is a big no from me though.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Great summary of the video, I don't need to watch it now haha.

I agree that she doesn't acknowledge the other side of London. But to be fair, she probably doesn't experience it. Where she lived was upmarket and she probably avoided the estates closeby, and she doesn't work normal hours (at all), so she avoids the commuter rush.
Thanks, maybe I'll get around to the other 10 mins later :ROFLMAO:

It's true, though there's always dodgy people on her favourite high streets, I just think she's in her own little perfect world and doesn't see/chooses not to see them. Except for once a year at Vlogmas where she talks about homelessness or buys a card from one of those charity shops.

Reactions: 10
Thanks, maybe I'll get around to the other 10 mins later :ROFLMAO:

It's true, though there's always dodgy people on her favourite high streets, I just think she's in her own little perfect world and doesn't see/chooses not to see them. Except for once a year at Vlogmas where she talks about homelessness or buys a card from one of those charity shops.
Haha you just need to build up to watching the rest :D.

I guess it doesn't fit into her curated image of London.

Reactions: 2
She won't ever officially acknowledge the break up because it doesn't make her look 'perfect'. Everyone who follows Niomi has already figured it out anyway... just reading the comments on her IG and the comments she has liked. I figured it out just by the lack of mentions of Joe or photos of Joe for an amount of time that felt odd. She will just gloss over it and go into a journey of self-discovery as if Joeeeyyyy never existed.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
All women of childbearing age are recommended to take folic acid as per NHS guidelines. I highly doubt Niomi is making money flogging nutritional yeast.
Everyone knows what the word “flabby” means, it was an unnecessarily bitchy comment. You’re tying yourself in knots, let it go.
Source

Not radical at all and something that’s said constantly. It is, however, noticeable that she has issues with food hence people commenting that she’d do well (and have more energy) if she ate a bit more. The body shaming is a big no from me though.
She has a link to everything she sells in some way, just look back and she's worked with Pukka (which she still pushed), Waitrose, Form Nutrition, etc. It's endless. Remember she had smoothies etc too for a while, never to be seen again? All about the dollars.

I haven't worked up the courage to watch the latest video yet!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.