Niomi Smart #37 I'm NOT an Influencer...Get Me Out of Here!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve only just realised that she’s a womenforwomen ambassador. I admit that I don’t follow her so maybe I’ve missed posts about it…

I’m sure she’s always received negative comments, you put yourself out into the world, not everyone will like you, it’s a given. The issue is when quite a lot of the comments are trying to give constructive feedback. OG followers are saying you’ve changed etc. Of course we aren’t going to be the same person we were 10 years ago, but she has quite literally regressed. The world shifted during covid and gifted items/ trips being shoved in your face all the time started to piss people off. Hasn’t she said multiple times she would like to live in Aus someday? Probably doesn’t want to do it alone, but can’t imagine forky leaving his life in London behind. Genuinely would love to see what she actually does everyday, when she’s not on a gifted trip of course.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Would love one example of Niomi working hard and one example of her trying to do good. Just one will do.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Or she’s blocking people…

I’m sure more people would unfollow her if we weren’t all so interested in her self sabotage.
Meh, can't be that many. You can't tell me she blocked 622 ppl in one day. I still think that at least 600 unfollowed, you can tell by her comments etc.

Reactions: 9
622 in a pool of 1.5M is literally a drop in the ocean, especially if a portion of those is fake accounts / bots etc. With such a large following, you'll always have large fluctuations.

I'd say Forky do well in Oz as he'll be able to show off his body all day long at the beach lol.

Reactions: 7
View attachment 1073373

Thank you Bradley for this grammar lesson (coming from you, it’s quite ironic!). Nonetheless, in a correct language, we want to avoid tautology or pleonasm such as « for me personally ». We’re well aware you want to put yourself first, but let’s try not to emphasize that thought for once.

Secondly, a phrase is by definition a group of words, so thank you for trying to add new words to the dictionary, but let’s not get carried away.

Thirdly, could someone explain the last paragraph? I’ve tried my best already, but I still don’t understand.
Toning is a word. I understand his line of thinking, but he really doesn’t know how to communicate does he?

Reactions: 13
622 in a pool of 1.5M is literally a drop in the ocean, especially if a portion of those is fake accounts / bots etc. With such a large following, you'll always have large fluctuations.

I'd say Forky do well in Oz as he'll be able to show off his body all day long at the beach lol.
Yes, but it was about almost 3700 in the last 30 days, that's quite a lot for someone who is this active on IG. Most active influencers (well-liked) don't have such drops. And it's been going on like this for quite a while

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16-23-15 Niomi Smart's Instagram Stats Summary Profile (Social Blade ...png

She has only been LOSING followers since around March 2020. Some months less than others, but for the last 2 years it's just losing.

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 16-23-54 Niomi Smart's Instagram Stats Summary Profile (Social Blade ...png

Reactions: 6
I don't think she cares much to be honest. As long as she keeps getting free trips, products etc.. that's all that matters to her. Her income isn't particularly impacted by the loss of followers and I doubt she'll lose 500K in one go unless she does something absolutely erratic. Again, a lot of these accounts can be fake / dormant / bot accounts that follow people and if you don't follow them, they unfollow you after a while. I'm sure a portion of the lost followers is due to her behaviour, but it's difficult to interpret raw statistics like these and attribute all the lost followers to genuine accounts. Statistics have to be put into perspective in a given context / pool.

Reactions: 15
I don't think she cares much to be honest. As long as she keeps getting free trips, products etc.. that's all that matters to her. Her income isn't particularly impacted by the loss of followers and I doubt she'll lose 500K in one go unless she does something absolutely erratic. Again, a lot of these accounts can be fake / dormant / bot accounts that follow people and if you don't follow them, they unfollow you after a while. I'm sure a portion of the lost followers is due to her behaviour, but it's difficult to interpret raw statistics like these and attribute all the lost followers to genuine accounts.
I don’t think she cares at all. She’s never likely to lose enough followers to make her “career” unviable. You only need, what, a couple of hundred thousand to make a living off insta?

she doesn’t care about anything

Reactions: 16
Yes you are all definitely right. And she can just buy some new ones, just like Tanya just did. She just allegedly bought 41k the last month. We all know tanya can't pull those numbers anymore, not even after everything that went down with Sarah.
Neither can Niomi. I think she doesn't care as long as she still has enough and if it's getting too low she will just buy new ones.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
I think they’re choosing malicious purposely….Forky has probably been on Google again and found the Malicious Communications Act. If people really are sending stuff that would fall to be investigated under that then they deserve to be but telling an influencer she’s a fraud because she’s eating meat and grabbing the free leather bags despite being vegan and building a ‘career’ based on that isn’t malicious….they just don’t like to hear the truth
Along with the influencers photoshopping their pictures and altering their bodies to look better, thinner, younger or more muscular for #ads and #spons while not declaring it. Deception at it's finest, deceiving their audience for monetary gains.

Apparently that's fine with Brad and Niomi, as ~virtually everybody~ does it.

She isn't vegan yet profiting off pretending to be so. A total Fraud! She does need to be honest with her auidence and state this, that way they can choose to stick around or to spend their time supporting those who really are vegan.

I think there's nothing wrong with her changing her diet and it's really no one's business what she eats. Sure, her brand was built around veganism for a while, but she's made it clear she's no longer vegan and there's nothing wrong with that. She doesn't owe any explanation on her diet. People amend their diet for various reasons (in her case, it's for a man, but whatever floats her boat). I'm not defending her, I'm just stating my own observations. I'm dairy & meat free myself and I can see how amending your diet can be tempting at times.

That said, she has been profiting from the promotion of sustainable clothing and make-up brands all while promoting Dior and Longchamp and that I have an issue with because it's pure contradiction. She just needs to choose a lane and stick to it. Either she becomes a "high-end" influencer who only works for luxury brands or she sticks to sustainable clothing, but you can't promote both at the same time. It makes no sense.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I think there's nothing wrong with her changing her diet and it's really no one's business what she eats. Sure, her brand was built around veganism for a while, but she's made it clear she's no longer vegan and there's nothing wrong with that. She doesn't owe any explanation on her diet. That said, she has been profiting from the promotion of sustainable clothing and make-up brands all while promoting Dior and Longchamp and that I have an issue with because it's pure contradiction. She just needs to choose a lane and stick to it. Either she becomes a "high-end" influencer who only works for luxury brands or she sticks to sustainable clothing, but you can't promote both at the same time. It makes no sense.
it wasn’t just her brand though, veganism was a personality trait for her. It was something she seemed so passionate about, it was the focal point of her “career”… and she has just dropped it. It obviously never meant much t her.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Update: everyone is so mean to her because she's a woman, apparently. Real feminists are always nice to other women.

Apparently cosplaying capitalist Barbie, pretending to be busy, and constantly perpetuating the negative stereotype that women live to maintain patriarchially pleasing (sorry, healthy) bodies, is just spreading positivity! Don't be jealous, ladies--it dims your light and is bad for all of us!

Oh, and constructive criticism/customers offering feedback is now "abuse." I wonder what the Mauritius hotel think about how Niomi has "advertised" their establishment.

She should just move to Florida and be done with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
major eye roll...

1645292344970.png

niomismart

Verified

Me just reading through the comments section 🤓.

What happened to women supporting women?
- Encouraging success, not condemning it.
- Liberating, not suppressing.
- Uplifting, not disheartening.

It saddens me that people drag others down on this platform - what’s worse is in my experience it has been women dragging women down.

I say this from the bottom of my heart, since beginning this career online a decade ago I have only had the best intentions.

I understand it’s impossible to please everyone, and a large following of course comes with negativity. I’ve had to grow a thick skin during these years and remind myself on a daily basis to let the kind words outshine the bad. But I’d be lying if I said it were easy. It hurts.

I can’t help but question if I were a man would I receive the same amount of abuse and negativity? I see male counterparts receive encouragement and support for the same content, while women receive criticism. Are we still living in a society where men are encouraged to grow, whereas women are taught to make themselves smaller?

"We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller. We say to girls: 'You can have ambition, but not too much. You should aim to be successful, but not too successful.‘“ - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

The journey I have embarked on for the past couple of years has been to better myself as a person, and those around me. There is a profound ripple effect that comes from self growth that impacts those around you, and hopefully encourages and inspires their own journeys too. Yes, I have changed. I am no longer the same 19 year old me when I first started on social media. I have grown. But that seems to be upsetting some people.

Good energy attracts good energy. As cliche as it sounds, I believe in karma. Treating people with respect and kindness will radiate back towards you.

So please acknowledge the positive impact your light and energy can have on those around you. I appreciate the love, light, and warmth I receive on here too, it doesn’t go unnoticed. Thank you 🖤.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I think that's where she gets it wrong. She thinks other women are "hating" on her because she's successful, but she missed the point entirely. It's not about her "success" at all. I mean, she was "successful" when she was dating Joe, so nothing to do with that. She was also traveling a lot back then and didn't generate this type of negative windfall because she was far more humble, appreciative and relatable. I watched her Indonesia Vlog from a few years ago and it's such a drastic contrast in comparison to her trip to Mauritius with Bradley.

People are coming at her for her contradictory and insensitive actions in the last couple of months. She went from "Princess Sustainability" to "Miss
Dior" and discarded the identity that attracted a great portion of her followers. It's OK to grow and change, but then be consistent and transparent about it. If she wants to support Dior, Longchamp and other luxury brands, then she needs to stop promoting sustainable fashion at the same time because the two don't correlate. You can't capitalize on one set of values and its complete opposite at the same time.

She's out here complaining about the bad weather in London after a lengthy trip to Mauritius when a large majority of people in the UK are worried about increasing energy and living costs. She's shamelessly been traveling and did a grand tour of Europe during a global pandemic. She keeps promoting Jaguar and other fancy car brands when only 0.05% of her following can afford such vehicles. She's selling an unrealistic and unrelatable image and is no better than Molly Mae and other influencers. She has become more and more unrelatable and posting about her uterus or psychic consultations doesn't make her any more relatable/personable. Her following is simply sensing the detachment.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I don’t think it’s very feminist at all to only use ‘feminism’ when it suits you or as a shield against criticism. Niomi absolutely sucks I stg.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
She can't use the "feminism" card when she's been overly sexualizing herself to appeal to a man like Bradley. That comment about women's best investment is a disgrace and if she's willing to affiliate with a man who puts out such statements, then the feminism card is out the window in her case.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.