Niomi Smart #37 I'm NOT an Influencer...Get Me Out of Here!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not very feminist to blame women for the hate either?! I can't stand this whole constructive criticism/anything not kissing her ass = hate

• Heart
Reactions: 48
The comments section on this new post keeps bashing people who mention privilege because we don’t see how ‘hard she is working’ behind closed doors.

Um, no, she comes from a privileged background. She could just stop working and give YouTube a bash, because if it didn’t work out she could be rescued by her family. That’s privilege. Not everyone has that opportunity.

Reactions: 35
Reality is she’s miserable as duck, with a ‘boyfriend’ who just wants someone pretty to duck and put on his Instagram now and then. Girl needs to wake up, she screams midlife crisis at the young age of 30.

I have nothing against her ‘success as a woman’. I’m all for that. But don’t spend 3 years of your life or whatever preaching to high hell about being a vegan then literally giving that up the second you meet a guy who clearly wont put up with you being vegan.
It just makes you look like a fraud hun

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
She is probably pissed that a politely worded critical comment garnered over three hundred likes, aka, 3x more than the total amount of comments she receives on an average post. Similar thing took place after the giveaway. She got almost 500 replies on that post and so she passive aggressively dragged her feet when it came to announcing a winner. Niomi is pissed off that people are paying attention and yet, somehow, not showering her in praise at all times.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Update: everyone is so mean to her because she's a woman, apparently. Real feminists are always nice to other women.

Apparently cosplaying capitalist Barbie, pretending to be busy, and constantly perpetuating the negative stereotype that women live to maintain patriarchially pleasing (sorry, healthy) bodies, is just spreading positivity! Don't be jealous, ladies--it dims your light and is bad for all of us!

Oh, and constructive criticism/customers offering feedback is now "abuse." I wonder what the Mauritius hotel think about how Niomi has "advertised" their establishment.

She should just move to Florida and be done with it.
Thissss 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Reactions: 8
Someone posted the following comment under her post: "I think a lot of negative comments come from jealousy or unhappiness in peoples own lives be that their weight or lack of money or whatever, you shouldn’t have to change for anyone, it’s your account post what matters to you and if people don’t like it they can unfollow".

I think it goes to show how simple-minded and shallow her fan-base is. They automatically assume we are jealous of her weight or money?! Please.

• Wow
  • Heart
When she made plant-based recipe videos, sustainability and exercise videos etc, she was (in theory*) helping people. Offering something in return for what she gained as a result. Now she's not doing that. The transaction doesn't work. She thinks she's Beyonce. She think she doesn't owe anyone anything, which would be true if her followers didn't result in a heavily subsidised life.

*She helped some people with their cooking skills and fitness routines. She helped other people with their eating disorders. It's complicated.

Reactions: 25
I’ve only just realised that she’s a womenforwomen ambassador. I admit that I don’t follow her so maybe I’ve missed posts about it…
I’ve only seen the stories she posted when she was given the title from the charity where they spelt things wrong and said she’d written two books. I can’t recall seeing anything since then. So she’s doing so much to promote them. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I think the pictures have been gone for a while new. I scrolled down her IG earlier this week and there was no trace of Joey.

I won't if she'll privatize the YouTube videos though. I don't think so.
Lots Of Joey pics still live on her Instagram ! (Gosh he is so much better than Bradley. What a downgrade Niomi made 😂)

In other news…. Can’t say I’m surprised to see Niomi’s comment section blowing up with people not happy with the 180 she’s taken. I know it’s her life and she can do what she wants — but that’s the audience who stood by and supported her through her engagement ending. You’d think she’d want to show more care and respect for them after they have helped her so much …..

Attachments

Reactions: 29
Wow that’s outrageous

food for thought Niomi;

that leather bag you just got gifted from Dior? Dior do not rate well on their sustainability… in fact, they rated 21-30% in the Fashion Transparency Index for labour conditions alone (I’m focusing on that specifically because of how it relates to feminism).

You don’t just promote Dior though Niomi, you promote a plethora of fast fashion brands, all #kindlygifted and tagged, from Ghost through to Ganni - I doubt you’ve ever checked a single rating though, or bothered a single brain cell on worker conditions. Despite your proclaimed love of all things sustainable. That half assed video you did a few years ago on vintage shopping, “guys it’s much better for the planet if we shop vintage”. You didn’t really care did you? You didn’t even research it because you put zero info in the video. It was all about you, you dressing up. One big vanity project.

the fashion industry uses a largely female labour workforce, and it’s usually employed from third world countries, making it a feminist issue. Fast fashion also targets women in a way it doesn’t target men. It’s women’s clothing that make up the bulk of “fast fashion”. How many outfits do you repeat on your grid nimbobs? How often do you advertise your latest fashion #gift? The last one was… yesterday I think?

is it feminism to promote those brands? Is it feminist to benefit financially from the exploitation of thousands of women, born into much more greatly reduced circumstances than yourself. Many of whom die in the factories they work in. Many see literal pleas for help into garments. It’s not really, in my humble opinion. And you could *maybe* claim ignorance but the problem is, you made a point of talking about it before. So it’s a choice to be ignorant.

it’s tacky, cheap and disgusting, frankly, to trot out feminism as a shield against justified criticism of your questionable life choices. It’s hypocrisy to use feminism only when it suits you. People aren’t leaving “mean” critical comments because you’re a woman. It’s because you’re not half as kind and good as you think you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Wow that’s outrageous

food for thought Niomi;

that leather bag you just got gifted from Dior? Dior do not rate well on their sustainability… in fact, they rated 21-30% in the Fashion Transparency Index for labour conditions alone (I’m focusing on that specifically because of how it relates to feminism).

You don’t just promote Dior though Niomi, you promote a plethora of fast fashion brands, all #kindlygifted and tagged, from Ghost through to Ganni - I doubt you’ve ever checked a single rating though, or bothered a single brain cell on worker conditions. Despite your proclaimed love of all things sustainable. That half assed video you did a few years ago on vintage shopping, “guys it’s much better for the planet if we shop vintage”. You didn’t really care did you? You didn’t even research it because you put zero info in the video. It was all about you, you dressing up. One big vanity project.

the fashion industry uses a largely female labour workforce, and it’s usually employed from third world countries, making it a feminist issue. Fast fashion also targets women in a way it doesn’t target men. It’s women’s clothing that make up the bulk of “fast fashion”. How many outfits do you repeat on your grid nimbobs? How often do you advertise your latest fashion #gift? The last one was… yesterday I think?

is it feminism to promote those brands? Is it feminist to benefit financially from the exploitation of thousands of women, born into much more greatly reduced circumstances than yourself. Many of whom die in the factories they work in. Many see literal pleas for help into garments. It’s not really, in my humble opinion. And you could *maybe* claim ignorance but the problem is, you made a point of talking about it before. So it’s a choice to be ignorant.

it’s tacky, cheap and disgusting, frankly, to trot out feminism as a shield against justified criticism of your questionable life choices. It’s hypocrisy to use feminism only when it suits you. People aren’t leaving “mean” critical comments because you’re a woman. It’s because you’re not half as kind and good as you think you are.
sorry to keep spamming with posts but this is honestly so true. She’s just pissed me off so much using feminism as a reason why not 100% of her followers commented on that picture with ‘niomi your ass looks so good’

I’ve unfollowed for good.

• Heart
What a nasty piece of work she is.

This isn’t a feminist issue Niomi. “What happened to women supporting women?” What a bleeping moron. Feminism only matters when she hears things she doesn’t like, clearly. (Not that I think she knows anything about feminism or gives a tit about women’s issues, or other women at all for that matter).

I struggle to believe that this woman is truly this dense. That she doesn’t see that she is condescending, hypocritical, smug and performative in all her actions.

Either the video of her wandering around in a bikini, smugly turning back to the camera while on a free trip to Mauritius and telling people to “take this as a sign to live the life you love” was a PR move to garner comments rightfully calling her out so she could make this shallow “women supporting women” post or she really is that bleeping thick and thinks people will find a video of her bare arse will motivate them to live their dreams.

We only get “one shot at life”. Live it watching Niomi Smart walking into the sunset!!!!

No intellectual or moral depth whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I don’t think it’s very feminist at all to only use ‘feminism’ when it suits you or as a shield against criticism. Niomi absolutely sucks I stg.
She can't use the "feminism" card when she's been overly sexualizing herself to appeal to a man like Bradley. That comment about women's best investment is a disgrace and if she's willing to affiliate with a man who puts out such statements, then the feminism card is out the window in her case.
Exactly my thought 🙌🏻

The feminism card aside, what pisses me off is the fact she doesn’t question herself one second! Given her post, all the negativity is coming from one side and she did nothing wrong but spreading light/positivity/warmth/inspiration/whatever bullshit.

Her post is completely off track. The fact she’s a woman does certainly not mean other women have to support her no matter what. If you’re wrong and your attitude is inappropriate, people are more than welcome to call it out.

Besides, changes are not bad, quite the opposite actually if they’re part of growth. However, changing does not mean disrespect. Since she’s been hanging out with Bradley (or even before that?), she’s been showing a dark side of her personality based on an important denial, more lies and gaslighting. And yet, she named it « blossom ».

By posting this, she is, once again, looking for attention and support she didn’t get from the past weeks. She should consider these comments and feedbacks as a sign and something she must work through, but she’d rather whining because lots of people didn’t like her ass.

Nearly 30 and still a child. It’s high time to grow! As the situation is getting worse, who knows how this is gonna end?

By the way, she’s asking « what happened to women supporting women? », but who does she support? Has she ever genuinely supported women? Lead by example instead of blaming the others, because that’s how you can inspire and influence your audience, not by complaining every time you speak.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
She can't use the "feminism" card when she's been overly sexualizing herself to appeal to a man like Bradley. That comment about women's best investment is a disgrace and if she's willing to affiliate with a man who puts out such statements, then the feminism card is out the window in her case.
I’m not sure she has used the word feminism. But anyway, I’m not sure I fully agree with this point. Feminism means allowing women to be equal in the decisions that they make. What’s wrong with a woman ‘sexualising’ herself; would we be making the same comments if a man was doing the same. If she wants to put her half naked body all over the internet, that’s her choice to make.

Apologies if that’s not the point you were trying to make.

Reactions: 3
The irony that she's starring at a blank / black computer screen in that picture because it proves everyone's very point - she's blind / oblivious to the impact of her own behaviour.

• Haha
I’m not sure she has used the word feminism. But anyway, I’m not sure I fully agree with this point. Feminism means allowing women to be equal in the decisions that they make. What’s wrong with a woman ‘sexualising’ herself; would we be making the same comments if a man was doing the same. If she wants to put her half naked body all over the internet, that’s her choice to make.

She’s clearly trying for a feminist angle. “Why won’t women support women”. It’s such a shallow take on feminism. I’d even argue that kind of statement is internalised misogyny.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

There's no issue with her sexualizing herself if she wants to. That's not the point I was trying to make. I wasn't shaming her for sexualizing herself, but she is sexualizing herself to appeal to a man, not because she's fully embracing her own sexuality / femininity and that's the problem and the big difference. You can't claim feminism if everything you do is in an effort to appeal to a man. She is objectifying herself. She did not use "Feminism" as word, I agree, but she might as well have, because her first sentence about women supporting women is pretty the same really.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
To be fair we are all criticising Forky waggling his bum around just as much as we are Niomi 🤷🏻‍♀️ Nothing to do with feminism tbh, just don’t need to see their bare asses 24/7

• Haha
Reactions: 52
“What happened to women supporting women”

Take a look at the women in your comments. Women you clearly don’t support. Who needs “haters” when you have fans like the second poster.

8701F19E-C7A9-49F0-9D47-971F5ABEB6E3.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Lol. I just went and have a lol at her latest post. Em S is like a cockroach, she is everywhereeeeeee.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.